PDA

View Full Version : why we double bolt........

widowmaker
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Bowl gaskets
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/kjelladams/Bowlgasket001.jpg

victorfb
10-02-2007, 11:47 PM
or you use high tack on one side. :D
that does suck though. did it atleast blow on the side so it sprayed the guy next to him? :)

Mr. Crusader 83
10-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Bowl gaskets
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/kjelladams/Bowlgasket001.jpg
Good job Bud. :eek: :D

widowmaker
10-03-2007, 07:26 AM
or you use high tack on one side. :D
that does suck though. did it atleast blow on the side so it sprayed the guy next to him? :)
nah, blew on top.....

FOURQ
10-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I have never had that problem.... did ya have a few or A loose bolt to help with this? i use anti-seize on all my pump gaskets to help keep them from getting brittle but never had this happen .. IMO double bolting is only needed in a high HP situation (1500+) to keep the pump together with the high section and bowl pressures.

Pops@Aggressor
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I have never had that problem.... did ya have a few or A loose bolt to help with this? i use anti-seize on all my pump gaskets to help keep them from getting brittle but never had this happen .. IMO double bolting is only needed in a high HP situation (1500+) to keep the pump together with the high section and bowl pressures. I will even go further Dont buy the double bolt Program. The Alingment ring on the suction
with the gasket is enough. If its a consistent problem something else is going on. Seems like the industry and racers are getting away from that the past 5 or so years.
However we do make double drill in all gaskets for those that fill unsafe without. Its a personal thing I guess. We do as standard, double drill our drives and suctions on the bearing Cap, As a very high percent of our drives end up running Jet Aways or Ratchets, Other then that unless the customer asks for the double drill. "It don't Get it" I guess its another Tommey Tune "It is what it is"