PDA

View Full Version : Garry Snow/Performance Marine

AngryJosh
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
I just want to give props to Garry from Performance Marine. I'm from Ca. and purchased a boat from Garry whos in Texas. When I walked in and saw the boat for the first time, I was happy that it was exactly, if not better than described. Also, about an 1-1/2 back into the trip back to Ca. I broke the trailer, and had to nurse it back to Gary's shop. It was 7:30 Saturday night and he was cool enough to get back in his dirty clothes and help me out. We pulled the boat off the trailer and modified the shit out of it so I could get back to Ca. Thanks to Garry, his wife, and Sonny.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6757DSC00211-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6757DSC00210-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6757DSC00208-med.JPG
And heres his car
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6757DSC00212-med.JPG

El Prosecutor
02-27-2006, 03:49 PM
That is a sweet looking boat. Sounds like you got the service to go with it.

sdba069
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey Josh......... Thanks and glad your trip back was uneventful. Once again, sorry we didn't catch the problem with the trailer beforehand. It was nice to meet you and the clan.

MudPumper
02-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Damn Josh, wish I knew you were headed to Texas. You could have made a drop off for me. Nice boat by the way. :)

FILUCKY
02-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey Garry i didn't know their was anything wrong with the trailer, do i owe ya anything for fixing it?

sdba069
02-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey Dallas........ Thanks but no. There was no way you could have caught it. Josh found the front cross brace broken loose and I tried to weld it up. We thought it was going to be fine but about 1 1/2 hours out, it broke loose on one side. He called me and brought it on back. We pulled the boat off the trailer so we could get in everywhere we needed to get, rewelded the break, then gusseted the brace, front and rear on both sides. It has a lot of tongue weight with no motor in the boat and I think that aggrevated the problem. We also slid the boat back on the trailer a few inches and reset the bow stop to take a little tongue weight off of it, and apparently, it worked great.

Taylorman
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
All in a days work for Gary. You think thats impressive, you should have his fried fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now thats impressive.

bigriverdog
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Garry is a great guy. You don't know me, but you have been helping my son-in-law Jared, with the set up on his Placecraft Tunnel. We are from SoCal. We are currently implementing your suggestions. We hope to make the season opener in Lake Ming, a NJBA event. Thanks for your honesty and help.

Greaser
02-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Another satisfied customer!!!!!
Good lookin out Garry!!

sdba069
02-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys

horsepwr
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
garry is one hell of a good guy! i trust his judgement on all of my needs.he just does not like me hangin at the shop all day long lookin over his shoulder tryin to learn. just kiddin! he dont say nuthin about all my stuff pileing up around there either. proud to say they are my freinds! i would help them any way i can.

n8dawg
02-28-2006, 02:10 PM
AngryJosh... Hey looks like a nice ride but what about that Cole you just got? Wanna sell it? C'mon you don't need all these boats!
Anyways... looks good what are your plans for all these boats you just got and which one is coming with you to the FC5 event in May?
Later,
Nate

bruleracer
02-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Snow's jus one of those guys that can't stop himself, I cold call'd him
once from New Mexico to ask if we could work out of His shop in TX while
we were racing SDBA, He told me a PGJ would look good around his shop
and offerd help in any way we needed. I thought I was lost on a country
road, (his directions) when all of a sudden I come up on this boat shop
with just about every hot rod boat on the Brazos in his parking lot. Five years, a few records, loaned impellors, a seasons worth of race fuel,some
weekends on the couch, and maybe some weeks in between, (garry has
more old drag boat papers than the puplishers)we are still great friends.
I live in CA.now. He's still in TX.,, but with Garry it just doesn't seem that far
away.
Steve Brule'
Westech Performance

Cs19
02-28-2006, 10:36 PM
hi steve. :)

Cheyenne372
03-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Could that be the world famous Steve Brule?
Been worried sick about you!
You really need to come back down here and run in Texas! Remember all the times I sent you down the ramp with instructions!

sdba069
03-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks Steve........ That brings back memories. Hey 1R, we may try to sneak him out here a time or two this year, you never know. Just hope he hasn't been out in Prune Picker land too long, no telling what the effects could be.

olbiezer
03-01-2006, 08:47 AM
i can sure relate to those directions to gary's shop......man they got to truck in sunshine down there........lol better have a full tank of gas if u follow jj beaver from dallas to there places

Greaser
03-01-2006, 09:49 AM
LOL, yea, I swear I heard the dueling banjo's from deliverence, the first time I went to his shop. You think you heading out to the middle of nowhere, then all of a sudden its like you drive up to a shrine for hot rod boats. LOL

Devilman
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
LOL, yea, I swear I heard the dueling banjo's from deliverence, the first time I went to his shop. You think you heading out to the middle of nowhere, then all of a sudden its like you drive up to a shrine for hot rod boats. LOL
As long as no one told you to squeal like a pig, you're ok.....:D

sdba069
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greaser
03-01-2006, 01:10 PM
As long as no one told you to squeal like a pig, you're ok.....:D
LOL Thanks for the heads up.

Greaser
03-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, nah just pokin a lil fun Garry. LOL

jdf
03-01-2006, 05:22 PM
garry has pig's and deer and all kind's of stuff there ....and hot rod boat's to play with ''''''''hey have you heard from the guy that got max's donzi i was thinking about it today

AngryJosh
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
N8dawg--See the spam section... :mad:
Scorpion in this thread is for sale due to momma deciding she doesnt like the colors. She wants to keep the Cole bec ause "its pretty" :rolleyes:

bruleracer
03-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey there Gary with one "R". you gave good directions. I got to the finish
line most of the time. Alot of good times. Hope thing are good on your end,
you still got the feed(and everything else). store?
Brule'

Cheyenne372
03-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Hey there Gary with one "R". you gave good directions. I got to the finish
line most of the time. Alot of good times. Hope thing are good on your end,
you still got the feed(and everything else). store?
Brule'
Steve:
Still got the feed store. Still got the Cheyenne. Gonna get to race it a little more this year if everything works out.
Sure hope you get to make it back down this way.
1-R