PDA

View Full Version : Monster

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 04:34 PM
What do you all think about Monster.com for jobs?
Is it safe?

bchbum
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Alot of people I know have had alot of luck with them .

barbigrl
02-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Deb, it is very safe. The last place I worked found me from Monster. A lot of employment recruiters use Monster to find all their potential job canidates. Definitley better then the newspaper!

Ziggy
02-27-2006, 04:51 PM
careerbuilders.com is a good place too

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok, thanks, I filled out an application and then my son told me that his friend got a virus from there (my son is 14, so, not the best source of info) :D
Is it summer yet?
:rolleyes:

charlyox
02-27-2006, 04:56 PM
My wife is a computer consultant and has gotten a few gigs from Monster.

MOBrien
02-27-2006, 04:57 PM
take a look HERE (http://www.thingamajob.com) too.
I think it queries from all of the major job boards. Worth a look. I check it out from time to time.
Good luck!

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 04:59 PM
My wife is a computer consultant and has gotten a few gigs from Monster.
Hey Neighbor.........
I use to be a computer consultant...in the 80's with the big "cake" drives :D Then I stayed home for a couple dozen years to raise my kiddies. I programed D-Base, my computer knowledge is so outdated and useless, remember Lotus 123? I wrote macros for it when it first came out for this shipping company I worked for.
I miss MS Dos :cry:

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:00 PM
take a look HERE (http://www.thingamajob.com) too.
I think it queries from all of the major job boards. Worth a look. I check it out from time to time.
Good luck!
is it safe?

Racer277
02-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey Neighbor.........
I use to be a computer consultant...in the 80's with the big "cake" drives :D Then I stayed home for a couple dozen years to raise my kiddies. I programed D-Base, my computer knowledge is so outdated and useless, remember Lotus 123? I wrote macros for it when it first came out for this shipping company I worked for.
I miss MS Dos :cry:
Your knowledge may be more valuable than you think.
Post up on Monster, also try Dice.com
You may be surprised. There are still companies using D-Base, L-123, FoxPro and others. You should see the prices that retired IBM guys can get away with.
Be sure to use keywords that are easily searched.
The new kids only know windows and Linux, yawn.
Good luck, you'll be fine.

MOBrien
02-27-2006, 05:04 PM
is it safe?
Yup. Privacy is talked about all over it. That's why I don't think twice about looking there.

Redwing247
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
It is safe.... And you can block certain company's recruiter from viewing your profile (ie. your current employer).

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:06 PM
You may be surprised. There are still companies using D-Base, L-123, FoxPro and others. You should see the prices that retired IBM guys can get away with.
Thanks, remember those punch cards? LOL :rolleyes:
I'm just looking for data entry or tutoring, something I can do as well as my Title one Tutor job (which I LOVE) but it's only 1/2 day and with our kids in high school and college, I could work more (and buy another boat!!:D)

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:08 PM
It is safe.... And you can block certain company's recruiter from viewing your profile (ie. your current employer).
Oh, they know I'm looking, I couldn't go behind their back....it's a union thing our school aids can only work 17 hours a week. (I put in a LOT more time, it could be a full time job, that would be cool)

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:08 PM
careerbuilders.com is a good place too
You should just hire me...............
LOL :D

Ziggy
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I use Lotus123 every day......we built programs to figure loans and leases for our cars.
Used to use dbxl alot to manipulate certain files.
And still use a DOS program called Formworx regularly too.

2Driver
02-27-2006, 05:16 PM
OF course. Our company advertised almost exclusively through Monster. A $200 million IT company in San Diego.

Ziggy
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
You should just hire me...............
LOL :D
The commute might not be too fun........... :)

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
The commute might not be too fun........... :)
I'm just joshing ya.............I would NEVER impose upon my Hot Boat Buddies to hire my ass......
;)

Garrddogg
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
I got my job through monster!! best job i ever had!!

Ziggy
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm just joshing ya.............I would NEVER impose upon my Hot Boat Buddies to hire my ass......
;)
Well at the moment I'm not overly pleased with my warranty gal so ya never know........I might pull the dreaded "Donald" phrase on her if she don't get it together.

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I got my job through monster!! best job i ever had!!
AND you have the coolest boat in the world to prove it!!!
:D:D
Well at the moment I'm not overly pleased with my warranty gal so ya never know........I might pull the dreaded "Donald" phrase on her if she don't get it together.
Well.............I am a hard worker......:D.....how far is Oceanside from Alta Loma?
Can I work 6am-2pm (so I miss the traffic) Better yet, just let me work from home.............If I MUST come into the office I MUST have Hot Boat access from my desk Do I get a BMW to drive? Oh! I could meet your wife! :D
;)
LMAO :rollside: :rollside:

Ziggy
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Well.............I am a hard worker......:D.....how far is Oceanside from Alta Loma?
Can I work 6am-2pm (so I miss the traffic) Better yet, just let me work from home.............If I MUST come into the office I MUST have Hot Boat access from my desk Do I get a BMW to drive? Oh! I could meet your wife! :D
;)
LMAO :rollside: :rollside:
Alta Loma Creek is less than a mile away... but ....well...ah....where is Alta Loma??
No. Its possible for some of it. Yes. No. and Yes, she's here 4 days.
:p :p :p :p

Debbolas
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
About 5 miles north of the Ontario Airport.
We sit at the feet of the beautiful Cucamonga Mountains.
:D
just above the 210

Ziggy
02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
About 5 miles north of the Ontario Airport.
We sit at the feet of the beautiful Cucamonga Mountains.
:D
just above the 210
Thats what I thought...that's about hour and a half one way I'd guess. I can get to Corona in about an hour. How long for you to reach the 15/91? add +/-an hour to that. :)
hhhmmmm, a mountain has more than one foot?? :p

MagicMtnDan
02-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Here are three good ones:
www.monster.com
www.careerbuilder.com
www.craigslist.org (click on the city you live in to see stuff in your area - this site is good for jobs all over the country and it's also VERY entertaining as you'll find out when you surf it)