PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Family Resort in Hawaii?

Trailer Park Casanova
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
We're looking for great pools, water slides, lazy rivers, swim with something wik'd n wild ect, ect ect,,, something awesome for the kids all in one resort.
Where is the best family resort to vacation in Hawaii?
So far we're looking at the Grand Wailea,, but I suspect something better may be out there.
Thanks,,,

Parker Dreamin
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
We're looking for great pools, water slides, lazy rivers, swim with something wik'd n wild ect, ect ect,,, something awesome for the kids all in one resort.
Where is the best family resort to vacation in Hawaii?
So far we're looking at the Grand Wailea,, but I suspect something better may be out there.
Thanks,,,
I took the family out to Grand Wailea on Maui last September, hands down a great place for all age groups. Can't wait to get back out.

UltraLucky
10-03-2007, 05:24 PM
We just got back yesterday from 10 days in Maui. 4 nights at the Fairmont Kea Lani & 5 at the Grand Wailea. Personal service at the Fairmont was way above the Grand Wailea but did not offer much for the kids, they set up an inflatable slide during the day and thier one water slide was closed. My 6 year old daughter prefered the Grand Wailea pools and thier kids program - Camp Grande which she kept asking to go back to.
Might look into the Hilton Wikloa with the Dolphin adventure if you are interested in the Big Island
It depends alot on the ages of the kids though. One famliy we met from Wy. spent most thier time driving to different attractions to keep thier 4 teenagers happy.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/P10102651.JPG
Roughing it @ the pool
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/P10102611.JPG
Grand Wailea Sunset
Next year we are planning on staying @ the Wailea Beach Villas ( wileabeachvillas.com ) next door and paying the $25 resort fee if we want to use the water park at the Grand Wailea.

diesel
10-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd recomend the hilton hawaiian village...

riverbound
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Did you scold your daughter for flying 3000 miles to play Nintendo DS? :D That could be my daughter. Her love is Pokemans is frightening. :D
My son is the same way.

UltraLucky
10-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Did you scold your daughter for flying 3000 miles to play Nintendo DS? :D That could be my daughter. Her love is Pokemans is frightening. :D
Funny how everyone in the family has thier own idea of the ultimate vacation. Her,s was sitting in paradise playing "Nin" swimming when she wanted and being waited on.
The Pokeman games are by far her favorite.

MBlaster
10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Just got back from 9 days on Kauai. We rented a house on Hanalei Bay. Talk about paradise, you just have to experience the north shore of kauai. I've got 2 boys 8 and 6. We saw the whole island and did a ATV tour and ziplined(without the kids). The boys loved snorkeling with all the reef fish and I was thrilled to swim with some sea turtles. It wasn't really much of a resort deal but was awsome to watch the sunset on Bali Hai every night.

Throttle
10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I sure as hell would not know

2Driver
10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Just got back from 9 days on Kauai. We rented a house on Hanalei Bay. Talk about paradise, you just have to experience the north shore of kauai. I've got 2 boys 8 and 6. We saw the whole island and did a ATV tour and ziplined(without the kids). The boys loved snorkeling with all the reef fish and I was thrilled to swim with some sea turtles. It wasn't really much of a resort deal but was awsome to watch the sunset on Bali Hai every night.
All this stuff is personal taste but we did the same. To me I'm going to Hawaii for Hawaii. I am not going to Hawaii to sit in a Water or Theme park with Hawaii recreated and be consumed by the masses yacking on their blackberries. :D We stayed in a plantation style 2 story Condo resort called Kiahuna Plantation on poipu beach. Great grassy, coconut palm grounds, great beach, tons to do if you take in what HI has to offer. This place is an ideal family spot but not for everyone.
Grounds
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40411&stc=1&d=1191464709
My 5 year old on Hawaii's real water slide :D
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40412&stc=1&d=1191465038