PDA

View Full Version : question??

milkmoney
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
i would like some honest opinions of a 1976 tahiti 18' no motor pics look ok for what they show. just wanting a jet for play and running down the river... thanks for your help

milkmoney
10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
ok 15 looks no answer wont hold you to it

GAWnCA
10-03-2007, 05:12 PM
i would like some honest opinions of a 1976 tahiti 18' no motor pics look ok for what they show. just wanting a jet for play and running down the river... thanks for your help
Where did you see it and how much? What is included?

pw_Tony
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow an hour and 7 minutes. Patience isn't one of your attributes is it? :D

BigBlockBaja
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
ok 15 looks no answer wont hold you to it
Give it some time. The people you are looking to respond to your question aren't sitting at there computer refreshing the screen like there trying to snipe an Ebay auction. We all have family's outside of here that come first. Grab a beer and try some reading in the sandbar. :rollside:

riverbound
10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I say go for it!!!! :D

milkmoney
10-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Where did you see it and how much? What is included?
i seen it on ebay and the bid is at 1525.00 and it says evreything except motor so i figure what it takes to put motor in to run is what i wpould have to do. not impatient just gotta go to bed soon.

Outlaw
10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Must suck to be a milkman, You go to bed earlier than my 7 year old..lol
a boating friend has a 77 tahiti and loves it..

milkmoney
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Must suck to be a milkman, You go to bed earlier than my 7 year old..lol
a boating friend has a 77 tahiti and loves it..
yes it does dont remind me. but then again i only work 16 days a month and i am usually off work by 2pm.. so some advantages.. making enough to have two boats..

H20MOFO
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
did i miss the pics part? damn, i gotta quit drinkin and posting.:)

milkmoney
10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
did i miss the pics part? damn, i gotta quit drinkin and posting.:)
no pics new at this go to ebay and search jet boats its there blue and white if you need to see it dont stop drinking..

Outlaw
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow your still up??

milkmoney
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow your still up??
hey hey i am hooked on hot boat and hockey season started. as long as i am in bed by 9 that will give me 4 hours good to go:)

kcsteck
10-04-2007, 08:55 AM
I'd buy a boat that is already done... turn key . Unless your prepared for a lotta work and spend alot of cash. my 02 cents
Ps. Did I say I had just what your lookin for all done turn key..76 18 ftTahiti all new everthing ....pump,motor,paint etc less then what your gonna spend to put a project together..LOL
Casey

milkmoney
10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I'd buy a boat that is already done... turn key . Unless your prepared for a lotta work and spend alot of cash. my 02 cents
Ps. Did I say I had just what your lookin for all done turn key..76 18 ftTahiti all new everthing ....pump,motor,paint etc less then what your gonna spend to put a project together..LOL
Casey
ok some pics and more info and why you selling????? thanks

H20MOFO
10-04-2007, 04:28 PM
what kind of pump? headers included?

jet guy
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
I have 68 tahiti 18' and I love it it will never be a 100 mph boat but I like the ride it sits kind of high in the water but low enough to still look cool it has a good amount of room in it and it is a lot of fun and I think I can live with 60 or 65 mph

kcsteck
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
heres the info
1976 Tahiti 100% Fully restored,Have receipts,over 10k Invested
Engine: New 455 Olds engine bored to 462 cubic inch,2.5 hours on motor installed in 8/07 2 trips to lake for break in is it,Built the correct way so to last. Built for a boat not a car!Built to take High RPMs,Oiling issued addressed, 10qt Mondello Pan,Forged Pistons,Comp cams 274H split duration cam,Over 520 lift,C heads with high pressure springs,New Edelbrock Victor hi rise intake,Speed Demon 750 Carb(Mech secondaries),Rewarder over transom Headers, New Holley Blue Fuel pump with reg set at 7psi,New Mallory 9000 Unilite distributor,MSD Blaster Coil,New Accel 8mm wires,All Stainless Braided water lines,fuel lines and russell fitings,Dooley Carb Scoop with Cover for towing,All Hardin 4 point motor mounts Polished,Polished Valve Covers,etc,etc,
Brand new paint job 1/06 2001 Ford Truck White with House of color Purple passion and silver mettalic outline. Spent over 40 hours wet sanding this boat. I did all the prep and finish work myself.
New interior 4 yrs ago.White with purple piping,Storage under back bench seat.Nice front Buckets.Vey comfortable.
The complete engine and sitting area floor done in black bed liner and all new gray carpet.
BIMINI Top (Purple)& Boot with Brand new spare BIMINI top
Brekeley JC jet Rebuilt & Blue printed same time as motor 8/07 2.5 hours on it A/B Impeller, Pro loader ,Place diverter with brand new diverter control unit for those 30 ft tall 200ft long roosters, Modified Place diverter for Max roost!!!Sick Roost!
all White Guages with Purple Billet bezels to match purple paint in boat. Purple billet foward and reverse arm.
Sony Explode Stereo system with 4 speakers.Wet guard cover for Stereo.
2 Aluminum 14 gallon gas tanks
all new cables forward and reverse and steering cable,new steering helm.
2 bildge pumps for just in case.dont leak a drop!
Billet battery box with brand new battery 06
Roadrunner tandem trailer painted in 06 good tires.Tows Great.all lights work,PTI plates,Boards replaced.
I am a very picky person and have put my heart and soul into this boat not sparing any expenses. This is a top class boat ready for fun towing tubes/River runs/Cruisin/Occasianal full Blast across the lake.The boat handles the rough water really well,has a real nice flat look to it on the water.GPS at 60 before the motor and Jet pump rebuild last year.
atention to detail is all I can say about this boat. You could eat off it. Ive done so much more I cant even list it all. You really have to see it in person.always been garaged and now built a boat house for it. 2 boat covers on it.
tryin to get a Blown V-drive ...reason for sale.
Boat located in Fremont,CA
Call Casey
(408)326-5812 7-5
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/kcsteck/4.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/kcsteck/5.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/kcsteck/MVC-011F.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/kcsteck/3.jpg

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
dat der is a purdy boat kc:D

kcsteck
10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
thanks Bro!

milkmoney
10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
hey kc i was in bed when you sent this so i just got it ,, beautifull pics and thanks for the info.. if pics dont do it justice sure would like to see it in person, i have your number.. alittle busy this weekend and i always wondered why people put their hard earned money and all the time into building something so nice and then they just want to sell it...hmmm..ok thanks again and i will put this one in my gotta see and talk to list... have a great weekend ..

kcsteck
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
no Problem Milkman..Just throwin it out there.
The reason is a sickness alot of us have here on ***boat.... Called bored and like to build stuff as a hobby. Wantin to go faster with the next project. Call them stepping stones.
Im obviously not in it for the money and nothin wrong with the boat....it is better in person! youll have hard time findin cleaner and its not a trailer queen either.I do take it out! Just want to go a diff direction now. Nowing what I have learned now makes me want to build another.
Casey

milkmoney
10-07-2007, 05:14 PM
no Problem Milkman..Just throwin it out there.
The reason is a sickness alot of us have here on ***boat.... Called bored and like to build stuff as a hobby. Wantin to go faster with the next project. Call them stepping stones.
Im obviously not in it for the money and nothin wrong with the boat....it is better in person! youll have hard time findin cleaner and its not a trailer queen either.I do take it out! Just want to go a diff direction now. Nowing what I have learned now makes me want to build another.
Casey
just got back from weekend at lake and got to go to bed because these tourist need their milk in the morning anyways what kind of speed and horsepower does this gem deliver..also what about money??? asking price .. will probably get back to you tomorrow thanks for hanging in there with me just a busy person.. ok thanks againg

kcsteck
10-07-2007, 07:27 PM
375-400 HP per chart for 5100 RPM turnin a AB impeller at 60 MPH per GPS 2 people .If I take the intake proloader off and put the stock rock grate back on 63 GPS 2 people 65 1 person. dont know why it slowed boat down.Told If I put A impeller in it which it had originally would be much better. Better holeshot, bring RPMs down and give me a couple more MPH. Wish I could try that!
Boat not made for Speed thats for sure as tahitis are not the lightest hull out there and not best bottom out there but this boat will run all day at 3000-4500 RPMs. She handles the choppy water great(cuts right thru it) tow tubes skiers etc like there is no tomooorw!Great boat for cruisin around, and lookin good while doin it.
Im askin 7K for boat.
Since i posted pics of boat with the possibility of for sale Im gettin alot of attention to it askin more and more questions.I guess its a good thing but im gettin nervous that if I sell it, will I be able to find somethin Comparable that I can build and look as good when done.
guess its the for sale jitters.
Casey