PDA

View Full Version : Transport nightmare

delemorte
10-03-2007, 04:10 PM
So i got this boat. 18 foot 1979 sleekcraft jet boat.
it is in Washington state and i live in NC. MY dad owns it and is giving it to me as a present. So i go about trying to find out how in the world i am going to get it here with out breaking my budget.
So i found a site called U ship where you place your item and where it needs to go and people bid on the job. Seems pretty easy to me...
I get this bid for 1500 bucks plus 55 for insurance. I tell the guy that sounds great and all i need is his insurance and bond info. He says no prob ill have it faxed on monday.
Monday comes and no fax. tuesday comes and no fax. I email him and tell him i need it before i can give a deposit for transpo. He says no problem it will be some time this week. So now its wed and stil no fax. I email him again letting him know i need at least one day to check the insurance and bond so if he could please have it faxed by thur. he replies back telling me he cant fax me anything because he needs my deposit to set up the special insurance. once thats done he will fax me the insurance info on my tranport.
I told him in this day and age i aint giving any one over 800 bucks deposit without proof of insurance and bond and we need to work something out.
So my question....
Am i just being paranoid or should i tell this guy to go to hell and find someone who is more professional that can provide bonding and insurance info?:confused:

ColeTR2
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I'd tell the guy to pound sand. No way would I let him take off with the boat and 800 bucks!

came along during the sunk boat thread
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
find someone who is more professional that can provide bonding and insurance info
yes......
if that guy takes that long with paperwork, think how long it'd take to get your boat

delemorte
10-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Get A BUDDY TO DRIVE WITH AND GO GET IT !! for the 1500 will cover gas & expenses, and you can see yer pops.
2700 miles one way. thats gas and most of food sure but the time spent will cost me a lot of dough and i dont want to burn that much vaca on doing it. Trust me until i found people willing ot do it for 1500 that was the plan.

River Lynchmob
10-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Tell him to haul ass

delemorte
10-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Done. I canceled that contract.. and i already found another guy who is totaly insured and already sent me to a goverment web site showing all of his info.
Man i am sure that first guy was legit but for real that was scetchy as hell.
BTW i work internet security and fraud for a major ISP so when i saw that today major bells and whistles went off. thanks for the back up oppinions though.

Baja Big Dog
10-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Not quite sure you would bring this to the court of Hot Boat???:confused:

delemorte
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Bring what my transport issue?

Sleeper CP
10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Baja,
You scammin again for some spending money:confused: ;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

lucky
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
ROAD TRIP WOUDL BE COOL ESPECIALY THIS DAY AND AGE WWW.STRIPCLUBS/WHOREHOUSESFROMNYTOWA.COM LOVE THE ROAD TRIPS :D DID YOU KNOW HOOTERS GIRLS ARE EASY

Baja Big Dog
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Bring what my transport issue?
Yes...its a no brainer, you dont need us "higher level brains" to tell you what to do!!!

Baja Big Dog
10-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Baja,
You scammin again for some spending money:confused: ;)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Well I was, till you blew it!!!:D

Sleeper CP
10-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Yes...its a no brainer, you dont need us "higher level brains" to tell you what to do!!!
I was thinking the same thing. But I guess he felt more comfortable asking the ***boat brain trust for their opinion.:idea: Kind of scary.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover