PDA

View Full Version : N02 Fill UP

OverKill
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm in Queen Creek Arizona and I boat at Saguaro or Big River. Could anyone give me some locations as to where to fill up near those to places.
Thanks
OverKill

creepingcharlie
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I dont know about AZ but CSK(kragens) here in CA has nos. well I should say the stores that carry the hp stuff do. Give them a call you never know.:D

squirt'nmyload
10-03-2007, 07:17 PM
shouldn't you get all the parts to make it work first???????????
just bustin your balls james :D :D

OverKill
10-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I need a good ball bustin once in a while :) :) .

Sleeper CP
10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Call around to the welding shops or industrial gas sales. They may be
able to help you out.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Jetaholic
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Industrial gas sales...
I could totally make a living off this...:D
And to think nobody ever thought to call the dentist or any operating room for this kinda business...:D

Sleeper CP
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I could totally make a living off this...:D
And to think nobody ever thought to call the dentist or any operating room for this kinda business...:D
You are aware that Industrial NOS has chemicals added to it so that people will not use it to get high. So getting NOS from a medical supplier is highly unlikely they wouldn't sell it to you for liability reasons.( Or you just may have been joking :confused: )
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Cs19
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Call 1-800-99-REFILL for the nearest NOS dealer with refill station

Unchained
10-04-2007, 04:47 AM
You are aware that Industrial NOS has chemicals added to it so that people will not use it to get high. So getting NOS from a medical supplier is highly unlikely they wouldn't sell it to you for liability reasons.( Or you just may have been joking :confused: )
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Back when I ran it every place I ever used that filled the bottles were using medical No2 to fill the bottles. I watched them fill the bottles and it was straight from the medical bottle and no additives were put in. I would speculate that it is easier to get medical gasses then to get something trucked in with the additives.
I have an account at a local welding gas supplier and could get the big medical bottles if I wanted but its only because I've known those people for years. Buying it in bulk would save a huge amount as compared to having the local race shop fill the bottles for you. To fill the bottles yourself you don't need a pump if you freeze the bottles before you fill them.

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Back when I ran it every place I ever used that filled the bottles were using medical No2 to fill the bottles. I watched them fill the bottles and it was straight from the medical bottle and no additives were put in. I would speculate that it is easier to get medical gasses then to get something trucked in with the additives.
I have an account at a local welding gas supplier and could get the big medical bottles if I wanted but its only because I've known those people for years. Buying it in bulk would save a huge amount as compared to having the local race shop fill the bottles for you. To fill the bottles yourself you don't need a pump if you freeze the bottles before you fill them.
how many bottles could you get outta the 100lb tank, how much before it had to be pumped out and how much are 100lb tanks?? reason i ask is we're buyin a fillin station(new nos brand ebay for 600) and we're debating if we need 2-3tanks for next season.

Sleeper CP
10-04-2007, 06:54 AM
I have an account at a local welding gas supplier and could get the big medical bottles if I wanted but its only because I've known those people for years. Buying it in bulk would save a huge amount as compared to having the local race shop fill the bottles for you. .
Same here, I think it is nearly half price. We saved a small forture. We
used to take 4 bottles to the river a weekend and usally used 3 of them.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Same here, I think it is nearly half price. We saved a small forture. We
used to take 4 bottles to the river a weekend and usally used 3 of them.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
i can go thru 3 bottles(10lb) in less than 2hrs:D at the lake on a race day

Sleeper CP
10-04-2007, 07:18 AM
You should go to a welding supply shop and see if they sell Nitrous and get an account if you can. It will save you a bunch of $$$$.
Sleeper CP

hotbo
10-04-2007, 07:58 AM
you can freeze all the bottles you want but to get all the nos outta a 53 pound bottle you need a pump and good scales.
i was gonna do this myself.we have a body shop and i have an account with our welding supplier can get 53 pund bottles for around 100 bucks.but i decided to not go this route b/c without a pump setup ill never get all out of the big cylinder.freezing the 10lb bottles keeps youe pressures way down so you can fill faster and get the little bottles full fo sure.
imo you cant buy medical grade shit after all 9-11.atleast not in my back woods area only thing we get around here is nos with sulphur in it so you cant huff it:D .do they make 100 puond bottles my guys cant get them.i can get mine filled for 30 bucks for 10 pound bottles.till it goes up again,lol!!!!
yeah im with you tom at broken bow i used 2 bottles and hammer days i used 4.get expensive but well worth the button:D

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2007, 08:15 AM
you can freeze all the bottles you want but to get all the nos outta a 53 pound bottle you need a pump and good scales.
i was gonna do this myself.we have a body shop and i have an account with our welding supplier can get 53 pund bottles for around 100 bucks.but i decided to not go this route b/c without a pump setup ill never get all out of the big cylinder.freezing the 10lb bottles keeps youe pressures way down so you can fill faster and get the little bottles full fo sure.
imo you cant buy medical grade shit after all 9-11.atleast not in my back woods area only thing we get around here is nos with sulphur in it so you cant huff it:D .do they make 100 puond bottles my guys cant get them.i can get mine filled for 30 bucks for 10 pound bottles.till it goes up again,lol!!!!
http://***boat.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2823362
yeah im with you tom at broken bow i used 2 bottles and hammer days i used 4.get expensive but well worth the button:D
600.00 for a new fillin station. that 1 i was watching on ebay went for 475bucks,lol.
trav, aren't the big tanks 100lb?

Sleeper CP
10-04-2007, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=hotbo;2823362]i was gonna do this myself.we have a body shop and i have an account with our welding supplier can get 53 pund bottles for around 100 bucks.but i decided to not go this route b/c without a pump setup ill never get all out of the big cylinder.freezing the 10lb bottles keeps youe pressures way down so you can fill faster and get the little bottles full fo sure.
/QUOTE]
Trav,
We have over filled 10# bottles after freezing them, so imo you can get better than full transfer without a pump. Once the bottles got hot in 100 degree heat the saftey caps blew on three of our bottles.
A good scale is a must and don't put more than 10#'s in the bottle:(
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

hotbo
10-04-2007, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sleeper CP;2823460][QUOTE=hotbo;2823362]i was gonna do this myself.we have a body shop and i have an account with our welding supplier can get 53 pund bottles for around 100 bucks.but i decided to not go this route b/c without a pump setup ill never get all out of the big cylinder.freezing the 10lb bottles keeps youe pressures way down so you can fill faster and get the little bottles full fo sure.
/QUOTE]
Trav,
We have over filled 10# bottles after freezing them, so imo you can get better than full transfer without a pump. Once the bottles got hot in 100 degree heat the saftey caps blew on three of our bottles.
A good scale is a must and don't put more than 10#'s in the bottle:(
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover[/QUOTe
i know sleeper you can fill the little bottles just fine when frozen:D but without a pump imo i dont think you can get it all outta a big bottle,50-100 pound.can you??hell i dont have a frezzer big enough to put a 50 pound bottle in,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
im sure from what my guys say i can get at least 3 to maybe 4 bottles without a pump out of a 53 pound bottle but what about the rest i paid for???:idea:

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
i've been looking at 1 of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitrous-Oxide-refill-pump-station-kit-new_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33740QQihZ009QQitem Z190156540743QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
you would think a welding supply shop would have something similiar to sell without a brand name on it.

Sleeper CP
10-04-2007, 08:52 AM
BTW & FYI: Our old 565" BBF made 855 HP off the bottle and ran 90 with out it. I could go thru that much NOS too, just didn't need to. :D Could out run 90% of the competition with out it.:) Hit the button to top 100.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
10-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Trav,
Freeze the small bottle. Heat the large bottle(sun shine) works fine the difference of the two will be 85+ degrees. Raise and lay the large bottle on its side when you transfer. You'll get nearly all of it out. Just my .02
Sleeper

hotbo
10-04-2007, 09:12 AM
sounds like a plan to me sleeper.thanks for the info.
your ford is slow:2purples: if that thing would stay together maybe ou can get to 100mph if you use the juice:rolleyes: ,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well how is the mill coming anyway,give me update me need to know this:D

bp
10-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm in Queen Creek Arizona and I boat at Saguaro or Big River. Could anyone give me some locations as to where to fill up near those to places.
Thanks
OverKill
figspeed in havasu fills bottles.

Squirtcha?
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Call 1-800-99-REFILL for the nearest NOS dealer with refill station
Cool. That number is a good tip.
Update on the number. I went to fill my bottle at my usual fill station this afternoon. I failed to call first and when I got there, they were out of nitrous.
I know of several other places within a 10-12 mile radius, but I thought I'd give the number a go. It worked, however they only listed one place and it was 35-40 miles from where I was.
So the number does indeed work, however it failed to list all the other locations that already knew about and were much closer.

bottom feeder
10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Trav,
Freeze the small bottle. Heat the large bottle(sun shine) works fine the difference of the two will be 85+ degrees. Raise and lay the large bottle on its side when you transfer. You'll get nearly all of it out. Just my .02
Sleeper
Not sure about others but the same as Sleeper here. I get the T bottle from the local welding suply store. I have a rack that holds the bottle inverted.(you want the liquid) As the bottle is designed to release a gas not the liquid. Pre weigh all you bottles and write the emptie weight on the bottle. Freeze the catch bottle. vary little loss in the end on the large bottle. sold a brand new filling station about two years ago on here and have never missed it:D

Hopdaddie
10-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Overkill...
Try Lopers performance on Country Club. If they don't fill em I am sure they can tell you who will. Since it's close to Phils you can poke your head in and say hi too. :D :D :D

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Not sure about others but the same as Sleeper here. I get the T bottle from the local welding suply store. I have a rack that holds the bottle inverted.(you want the liquid) As the bottle is designed to release a gas not the liquid. Pre weigh all you bottles and write the emptie weight on the bottle. Freeze the catch bottle. vary little loss in the end on the large bottle. sold a brand new filling station about two years ago on here and have never missed it:D
so how much do you think you lose by not pumpin it all out at the end of the tank? i can understand inverting the tank, the gas would push out all the liquid nitrous before the gas pressure would get low enough not to tranfer, but do you think your leaving more than 10lbs of liquid in the big tank or do you think the liquid is basically out and nothing but gas left?? damn sure be cheaper to just buy tanks and make a hose/filter set-up instead!! telllll me more:D

Hass828
10-07-2007, 08:19 AM
so how much do you think you lose by not pumpin it all out at the end of the tank? i can understand inverting the tank, the gas would push out all the liquid nitrous before the gas pressure would get low enough not to tranfer, but do you think your leaving more than 10lbs of liquid in the big tank or do you think the liquid is basically out and nothing but gas left?? damn sure be cheaper to just buy tanks and make a hose/filter set-up instead!! telllll me more:D
I made a fill line with a ball valve and a filter and also a stand to invert the big bottle. and you could get every bit of liquid out of the large bottle but this year my welding supply also stopped selling med grade nos and started selling the stuff with the sulpher in it . Of course the price doubled to 200$. Also I no longer need to invert the big bottle because the ones with race grade nos have a dip tube in them. Just freeze the small bottles , set the large one in the sun , use a scale so you dont over fill and have at it. Be sure to use a filter on your fill line because that sulpher is some nasty stuff and it will stop up your stuff. You can use an A/C filter #4 from any air conditioning supply store.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-07-2007, 08:41 AM
James, try S&H motorsports on extension. Ask for Junior;)

minnesota_duane
10-07-2007, 09:52 AM
I have an NOS brand pump, filter, lines and adapters to fill about any kind of bottle you want to use for sale or trade for jet parts, if anyone is interested. I also have a digital freon scale that I used to weigh bottles.
The big bottles that I got were called 64 pound bottles and usually had about 45 pounds of nitrous in them, the reason I quit filling bottles for other people, I was loosing money at $4.00 a pound.
Pm me if your interested I need a droop, a place diverter for a jg, a stainless A impeller, etc.

IMPATIENT 1
10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I made a fill line with a ball valve and a filter and also a stand to invert the big bottle. and you could get every bit of liquid out of the large bottle but this year my welding supply also stopped selling med grade nos and started selling the stuff with the sulpher in it . Of course the price doubled to 200$. Also I no longer need to invert the big bottle because the ones with race grade nos have a dip tube in them. Just freeze the small bottles , set the large one in the sun , use a scale so you dont over fill and have at it. Be sure to use a filter on your fill line because that sulpher is some nasty stuff and it will stop up your stuff. You can use an A/C filter #4 from any air conditioning supply store.
good to know harris! where do you get your big tanks,how much??? me,billy and keith need to buy a couple for this coming summer.

Hass828
10-07-2007, 04:51 PM
good to know harris! where do you get your big tanks,how much??? me,billy and keith need to buy a couple for this coming summer.
I get them at a place between Denison and Sherman TX called Denison Oxygen Supply, you have to rent a bottle from them for 60$ a year and then the nos cost 189plus tax. By the way my name is Harrison or my friends call me Hass.

IMPATIENT 1
10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I get them at a place between Denison and Sherman TX called Denison Oxygen Supply, you have to rent a bottle from them for 60$ a year and then the nos cost 189plus tax. By the way my name is Harrison or my friends call me Hass.
that's not bad at all!!! billy said you guys talked forever last week:D he's still talkin about your boat:devil: