PDA

View Full Version : For Those that are going to the river(a must read)

BIGGER=FASTER
03-13-2003, 03:42 PM
I've posted this in the outboard section cause you guys will have the biggest bill.
Now then,
For those of you who plan on going to the river between blythe,CA and Parker,AZ here's a little notice. BROWN IS BAD, FOLLOW OTHER BOATS!!! I cannot stress this enough, if I had a penny for everytime I've seen someone(not just props) go straight into an island or rockbar, or low spot, I'd be killing Bill Gates right now. Even for you guys that have been going down for a long time watch out. I've been riding on my jetski(stand-up which gives me the best view) and boy have things changed over the winter. This seriously applies to you folks down by me near shaggy tree and Aha Quinn. If there's another large boat going there and makes it follow that guy like hell. I can't tell you how many times I've seen some lake rider(not that there's anything wrong with lakes) that thinks he can go where ever he pleases and drives right on the island in front of shaggy tree. So everyone pay attention so I don't have to go out there and pull so many people off these islands. Just a friendly notice. don't take it personally I'm no jerk I'm just sick of towing people off these Islands and such.

77charger
03-14-2003, 08:59 PM
I had a beaching incident in oct 2001 near the avi destroyed a newly deatailed impeller.Last may was my first time at twin palms(aha quin area)after a few beers i decided to take a trip but was very worried about reading the water i slowed down a few times just to be safe one spot really scared me i think it was red rooster where the river seemed wide but only like a 20 ft section that was deep enough to cross on the way back i was a pro floated thru there til a boat went by.Made it 5 min shy of lost lake resort before fuel concerns so i headed back but had to be one of the funnest trips for me.

Johnwithjm
03-14-2003, 09:49 PM
I have been boating on the river at Lost Lake for about 10 years and go from Lost Lake to the Aha Quinn area and up past Wheeler to the dam and there are a few spots to watch out for but in the past it is not all that bad if you know the river. I have seen some pretty big boats out there over the years.

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Hey man at the rooster what you gotta do is about 30-50 feet past that turn when the rooster is in your sites start cuting across so that you can go right in front of the beach there. I found out the hard way by almost trashing my dad's SST (aka his baby). MIND YOU ALMOST DID THIS, I GOT TOO MUCH LUCK FOR THAT ONE :p