PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in starting a Network Marketing Company?

HM
10-04-2007, 02:44 PM
In the nutritional supplement industry? I am not talking about being a rep or building a "team". I am talking ground zero start up. I was working with a client that was looking into this I had hooked them up with my brother-in-law who sells raw materials and works with private labelers and sells to most of the MLM companies out there. Got some interesting products coming that I am sure other companies will jump on...like capsuled versions of Noni and Gogi and mangostine (sp?). A visceral fat reducer (brown fat), other major anti-oxidants and some unique products we can get an exclusive on for atleast a couple years. My client ended up opening a different business and I am looking at this stuff thinking....what if?
I don't want to throw any money at it, but I got most of the resources to make product and even some behind the scenes infrastructure. MLM companies are making a killing right now in the nutritional supplement industry and own about 50% of the distribution.
Outnumbered? :D
C'mon...let's all go sell koolaid and claim to have found the fountain of youth!!! Capsule of Youth?:idea:

Magic34
10-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm in!!!
Oh, and I have a lab of my own too!!! :D
Seems like MLM is bigger on this site right now more than I have ever seen it. People are searching for something.

fatboy95
10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
There are a bizillion companies out there. Everyone is trying to copy Amway and ready to shoot anyone that comes to their house and mentions Amway. If you have something very unique it will work. Right now there are fat busters out there, vitamin junkies, and even electronic photo libraries. MLM's work but you need people that work hard and are consistent. The get rich quick scheme is old hat.

Magic34
10-04-2007, 02:54 PM
MLM's work but you need people that work hard and are consistent. The get rich quick scheme is old hat.
Sweet Frank. We have 2.
This guy understands what it takes. :D

ChumpChange
10-04-2007, 02:57 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

HM
10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:
That is exactly what I am doing....but did it out loud with this thread. Probably a stupid idea. :D

ChumpChange
10-04-2007, 03:47 PM
That is exactly what I am doing....but did it out loud with this thread. Probably a stupid idea. :D
Well it's pretty funny this came up when it did. I had a client of mine in my office about a month ago and they were venturing out into this same field. They are already a maker and fulfillment center for many other chemical products that are shipped throughout the United States so they decided to get into this market as well.

rivercrazy
10-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Network Marketing = Pyramid Scheme!
Get rich on the back of everyone under you.........

HM
10-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Network Marketing = Pyramid Scheme!
Get rich on the back of everyone under you.........
You say that like it is a bad thing? :confused: :confused: :D :D
J/K'ing. This company will be "different" because it will be founded by the good people at ***boat. :D

HM
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Well it's pretty funny this came up when it did. I had a client of mine in my office about a month ago and they were venturing out into this same field. They are already a maker and fulfillment center for many other chemical products that are shipped throughout the United States so they decided to get into this market as well.
They probably buy raw materials from my brother-in-law. He sells a lot of the active ingredients as well as the processing ingredients for pills like compression additives (holds the tablet together after being pressed) and decentigrates (sp?)(helps tablets dissolve once in your stomach. Time release coatings, dry flow agents, and etc. They also do some granulation/agglomeration and blending at their facility.
The nutritional supplement market is hot for MLM right now...for what ever reason. It is amazing that these "Pyramid" companies now control the majority of distribution in nutritional supplements.

BajaMike
10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I've never known anyone who actually made money with these MML schemes.....:confused:
Of course, the people who started Amway made $milliions......
They own Peter Island in the British Virgin Islands....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40452&stc=1&d=1191543925
I guess they did pretty well:idea:

HM
10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I've never known anyone who actually made money with these MML schemes.....:confused:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40452&stc=1&d=1191543925
I actually made some good money with one company, but it was short lived. The reality is that it will end up being a job like any regular job. The attrition rate of reps and customers is HUGE, so that "residual" income is really only true for the owners (hence why I thought about starting one...not join one :D). Amway (now called QuickStar) had additional profit centers for the owners. The sales supplement side of the business (tapes, books, trainings, and etc.) was more profitable than the actual product. Now they sell anything and everything under the sun along with the usual soap and toilet paper.

Magic34
10-04-2007, 04:46 PM
If people didn't make money at it, it wouldn't have been around as long as it has. MLM has been around in strong force for over 20 years. There are many companies dating back much further, but they gained much popularity in the 80s and really took off in the 90s.
MLMs are started daily, however most dont make it longer than 18 months.

HM
10-04-2007, 04:47 PM
MLMs are started daily, however most dont make it longer than 18 months.
That is 17.5 months longer than most reps. :D

BajaMike
10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I actually made some good money with one company, but it was short lived. The reality is that it will end up being a job like any regular job. The attrition rate of reps and customers is HUGE, so that "residual" income is really only true for the owners (hence why I thought about starting one...not join one :D). Amway (now called QuickStar) had additional profit centers for the owners. The sales supplement side of the business (tapes, books, trainings, and etc.) was more profitable than the actual product. Now they sell anything and everything under the sun along with the usual soap and toilet paper.
I just remember, in the 80s, a lot of friends with garages full of Amway soap:mad:

riverracerx
10-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Can I interest you in some travel opportunities?
:D