PDA

View Full Version : 2 iPod questions

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
1) Is there a way to shuffle the songs in a playlist? They play from first to last and i dont always want to hear songs from the same artist in a row.
2) I have songs that show up under "songs" but not under the artist. All of the artist info is there but for some reason the only way to access the tune is to scroll thru "songs". Any ideas??

rvrhlic
02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
1) Is there a way to shuffle the songs in a playlist? They play from first to last and i dont always want to hear songs from the same artist in a row.
Go to the main menu and you will se shuffle on or off, turn it on.
2) I have songs that show up under "songs" but not under the artist. All of the artist info is there but for some reason the only way to access the tune is to scroll thru "songs". Any ideas??
there may be a space in front of the name in the ID3 tag. Check it in Itunes and make the necessary adjustments.

EXTRMBT
02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Which ipod?

EXTRMBT
02-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Go to the main menu and you will se shuffle on or off, turn it on.
there may be a space in front of the name in the ID3 tag. Check it in Itunes and make the necessary adjustments.
What rvrhlic said.
I have mine in front of me if any other questions are needed :)

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I have the 60gb....
I tried the above suggestions and there is nothing. in fact i found there are 4 songs not listed under the same artist..
these songs were, um, liberated from a large online destination. Ya feeling me?

EXTRMBT
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM
I have the 60gb....
I tried the above suggestions and there is nothing. in fact i found there are 4 songs not listed under the same artist..
Send it back! :p
On the nano under the main menu I hit shuffle songs, and it puts it into shuffle no problems. might be differnet on the 60gig.
I came upon the same problem with the songs artist, check it in itunes. There is probably a space in front of the artist. it may not look it but click on the artist, put he cursor in front and hit del if it moves back 1 your in. :p

john f2000
02-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Just a note for Ipods in general. I just wired up my boat with the ipod directly to the amp instead of going thru a receiver. I was told this would not work and it works great. Eliminates issues with cd receiver in a boating envirnoment and keeps the guage pannel clean. We ended up using this in our race truck due to the bouncing and again it worked great.

h2oski2fast
02-27-2006, 09:41 PM
I have the 60gb....
Settings Menu. Riverbound helped me find the shuffle option, its there.
And question #2: You needs to edit the song tag..... Different prgrams name them differently.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Settings Menu. Riverbound helped me find the shuffle option, its there.
And question #2: You needs to edit the song tag..... Different prgrams name them differently.
Can you tell me what you mean by editing the song tag?

BoatFloating
02-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Can you tell me what you mean by editing the song tag?
In Itunes highlight the song right click and select get info. Then go to info tag and you can ad or delete any or all info. This will load into your Ipod the correct info.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-28-2006, 07:56 AM
In Itunes highlight the song right click and select get info. Then go to info tag and you can ad or delete any or all info. This will load into your Ipod the correct info.
Thanks. I have done it a dozen times on these specific songs and it doesn't do a thing. I don't get how it can have the artist in the inf, show up under the artist in iTunes, but not show up under their name on the iPod. :mad: :mad: :mad: