PDA

View Full Version : My son enjoying his BirthDay present!!

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
I wanted to share a short video of my son Cameron enjoying his Birthday present. He turned 10 yesterday and we picked this up for him last night! Lets just say it was a LONG night!
http://www.helloworld.com:80/members_myworld.aspx?ID=SKHOMA&target=video
The lessons start next Friday!!

rodnjen
10-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I thinkg he'll kick Tommy Lee's ass too.:D

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
LOL..me too!!:D

DeltaSigBoater
10-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow he's pretty good for just turning 10
Did you get him ear plugs too? Seriously… That was part of the deal with when I got a drum set/started playing. Looking back I’m so glad I did too. I was in marching band and drumline throughout HS, and when ever we practiced inside, earplugs went in. Most of the people who were in band can’t hear for shit now.

Cheap Thrills
10-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Excellent ! That's a hella lot better than an X-Box or the like. Good physical activity & good hand eye coordination exercise. And most of all it helps develop a talent which apparently he has and just may take him somewhere in life. Good Job man !
Got my first set at age 7 been playing ever since.
T.

socalmoney
10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Is that the Enron model. The E on the kick looks like their logo.
You are brave parents.

Tequila-John
10-05-2007, 11:37 AM
so cool

Racey
10-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I've got a few buddies that I'm gonna pay back by buying their first borns a drum set!:D
The gift that keeps giving (to mom and dad's eardrums and sanity)!

River Lynchmob
10-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Shit he plays better at 10 than I ever could at any age.

HocusPocus
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
kid sounds pretty good.. should be loads of fun.
we have one like this, its nice to be able to turn the volume down or just wear headphones.
http://www.drumkitsdirect.co.uk/images/YamahaDTXpress4.jpg

mrs.rvrluvr
10-05-2007, 01:24 PM
That is so cool. He's really good already. We are getting our son some drums for Christmas. I think Mr.rvrluvr and I will need to invest in a case of ear plugs.:)

Nord
10-05-2007, 01:33 PM
we have one like this, its nice to be able to turn the volume down or just wear headphones.
Those are for Sissy La La's..........:D

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow he's pretty good for just turning 10
Did you get him ear plugs too? Seriously… That was part of the deal with when I got a drum set/started playing. Looking back I’m so glad I did too. I was in marching band and drumline throughout HS, and when ever we practiced inside, earplugs went in. Most of the people who were in band can’t hear for shit now.
No earplugs but pads on the drum heads are a MUST!!

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Is that the Enron model. The E on the kick looks like their logo.
You are brave parents.
It's the Enforcer model. All beginner sets need to have the heads and symbols replaced anyway, so I thought I would let him work through these heads and replace them with good ones in the springtime. Symbols arleady upgraded.

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Shit he plays better at 10 than I ever could at any age.
Me too. I can't wait to hear him after a few lessons.

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
That is so cool. He's really good already. We are getting our son some drums for Christmas. I think Mr.rvrluvr and I will need to invest in a case of ear plugs.:)
It was pretty bad in the beginning because it was all noise! Now we like to sit back and enjoy as we can hear what songs he is actually playing.

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
WAY to much cash for a 10 year old beginner!! We did have a lower quality set simular to that one. The only thing left working after 9 months of heavy use is the brain and a few pads.

HocusPocus
10-05-2007, 02:25 PM
WAY to much cash for a 10 year old beginner!! We did have a lower quality set simular to that one. The only thing left working after 9 months of heavy use is the brain and a few pads.
our set is two years old and takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n. out of the 4 kids my daughter (12) is the one who has really taken off on it. its pretty amazing how quick kids can pick up on something if it interests them. if i had more room i would love to get a big setup!

rvrtoy
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
our set is two years old and takes a lick'n and keeps on tick'n. out of the 4 kids my daughter (12) is the one who has really taken off on it. its pretty amazing how quick kids can pick up on something if it interests them. if i had more room i would love to get a big setup!
Whats left of the little electric one will be used by my 6 year old son now.