PDA

View Full Version : The difference between us and them....

boatsnblondes
10-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Is striking.....:eek:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40540&stc=1&d=1191615642

USCFAN
10-05-2007, 11:41 AM
That red X is the difference?

boatsnblondes
10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Better?? Sorry...

Schiada76
10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
He'll make his parents proud when he straps a bomb to himself and blows up a pizza parlor.:mad: :mad:

boatsnblondes
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
What's problem Bnb? I see a father and son spending quality time togather on an afternoons outing. Probably gonna do some male bonding while teaching his son gun safety at the same time.:D
Rio
Your right, what was I thinking???:D

vee-driven
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Are you smokin that sh!t again!?

DRMCAT
10-05-2007, 10:49 PM
you mean to tell me you don't carry an Ak while you are holding your kid.

thatguy
10-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Hey B,
Nice avitar. Is that you in the blue bikini?
Tommy

DEMOMAN
10-06-2007, 05:48 AM
you mean to tell me you don't carry an Ak while you are holding your kid.
Hell no I don't. Make that little sucker hold it himself.:D

ColeTR2
10-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Big terrorist... breed little terrorist.... F'ing kill them all.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40618&stc=1&d=1191679798

IMPATIENT 1
10-06-2007, 06:20 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40618&stc=1&d=1191679798
i'll 2nd that and range find for ya:D

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Hey B,
Nice avitar. Is that you in the blue bikini?
Tommy
Nice:D Hey Tommy I keep trying to reconcile the whole "God is Dead" thread and all the preaching BnB did with his new avitar and I just can't get my "small" brain around it.... so I thought I would leave it alone.:idea:
Unfornutally this is the case, but I have been told by a couple of people on this site that "we" just don't understand and it is okay to preach and teach hate we should only stop it when it shows up at our door step. "NUKE " the phucks before they get to our door step. ( "Nuke" figure of speach, more like take them out)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Nice Hey Tommy I keep trying to reconcile the whole "God is Dead" thread and all the preaching BnB did with his new avitar and I just can't get my "small" brain around it.... so I thought I would leave it alone.
Well the way I see it, Marlin boat, beautiful day, cold glass of brew, and a babe giving you a hummer, heaven on earth or what?? Just cause I'm Christian doesn't mean I don't appreciate the perfection of that pic....that we BOTH should be so lucky...:D

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 08:06 AM
BTW, here's the actual pic...:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40622&stc=1&d=1191686789

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 08:30 AM
BnB,
You know much more about the bible than I do, but the story of Sodum and Gomorrah comes to my mind:confused:
I'll do a little reasearch this weekend on it..:confused: :idea: just a thought
Choices of right vs wrong, choice of vulgar vs decencey, choice of respect for your wife,choice of WWJD, but you're the "good" christian and I'm sorry I don't preach so I'll leave it a lone... good day. Just my .02 :D
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Cigalert
10-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh god, not again.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 08:41 AM
If we all looked at our own similarities with people, rather than our differences (this includes the religious zealots in the pic) the world would be a better place.
I'll start: You both believe in the same God. You both pray. You both believe in Adam and Eve, Abraham and the Great Flood and Moses. You both believe Jesus was a great man. You both love your family. If only all Muslims and Christians and Jews would see the simiarities. One can only wish.

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh god, not again.
That's "God";)
Sleeper CP

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 08:53 AM
If we all looked at our own similarities with people, rather than our differences (this includes the religious zealots in the pic) the world would be a better place.
I'll start: You both believe in the same God. You both pray. You both believe in Adam and Eve, Abraham and the Great Flood and Moses. You both believe Jesus was a great man. You both love your family. If only all Muslims and Christians and Jews would see the simiarities. One can only wish.
Do people that love their children send them out with bombs straped to them:confused: I guess they can love them but that's a strange kind of love. And I guess that's the dif that BnB was pointing out. We love life they love death.
Sleeper CP

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Do people that love their children send them out with bombs straped to them:confused: I guess they can love them but that's a strange kind of love. And I guess that's the dif that BnB was pointing out. We love life they love death.
Sleeper CP
Honestly, those people are not really following the Muslim faith. They are just using it as an excuse to kill those who don't agree with them. They have a skewed view of what God and Muhammad had in mind. Muhammad described Christians and Jews as "people of the book" (Qu'ran) and said they should be allowed to keep practicing their religion, rather than being forced to convert.
Don't get me wrong. I cringe when I see pics like this. What are these people thinking? How can they think it's okay for a child to carry a weapon? How can they think it's okay for people to kill innocent bystanders? How can they think that's going to send them straight to heaven? I haven't got a clue. But pictures like this don't make me hate all muslims. Mostly because I know that he is not a good Muslim. He is a religious fanatic. Linking him with Muslims is like linking the abusing priests with Christianity. If they truly feared God, in other words, if they truly believed they would be judged, they wouldn't do those things. I don't think people who do those sort of things actually believe. Of course, that's my opinion. I just don't see how they could.

thatguy
10-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Well the way I see it, Marlin boat, beautiful day, cold glass of brew, and a babe giving you a hummer, heaven on earth or what?? Just cause I'm Christian doesn't mean I don't appreciate the perfection of that pic....that we BOTH should be so lucky...:D
Um, I thought your wife was blond? Or is it just darker in the pic? OR, is it a girlfriend?
Tommy

thatguy
10-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Nice:D Hey Tommy I keep trying to reconcile the whole "God is Dead" thread and all the preaching BnB did with his new avitar and I just can't get my "small" brain around it.... so I thought I would leave it alone.:idea:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Well, after the whole ordeal on the God thread, there are just so many things I can't seem to reconcile about B&B's mind.:D :D But I also am of a "small" mind!:)
Tommy

Cigalert
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
That's "God";)
Sleeper CP
Questioning my inflection of the word gOD. Good for you.

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Tommy, I'm not even in that pic...thats just a great shot I pulled down off the net bro....:D

QuickJet
10-06-2007, 09:25 AM
This is where the problem starts.................

thatguy
10-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Tommy, I'm not even in that pic...thats just a great shot I pulled down off the net bro....:D
OH Thank GOD!!!! I was really hoping I did not see your tan lines!!:D
Tommy

coolchange
10-06-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/kid-machine-gun.jpg

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's a thought. Most Muslims would look at BnB new avatar and say, "How can those Christians portray women like that?! That proves they do not respect women! They are heathens!" Many here just laugh it off and think it's a joke, but to them it's not, it shows our lack of moral values. Some here may agree that it shows a lack of respect, but the Muslims don't pay attention to that. They only see the individuals who are so shockingly different from them.

thatguy
10-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Here's a thought. Most Muslims would look at BnB new avatar and say, "How can those Christians portray women like that?! That proves they do not respect women! They are heathens!" Many here just laugh it off and think it's a joke, but to them it's not, it shows our lack of moral values. Some here may agree that it shows a lack of respect, but the Muslims don't pay attention to that. They only see the individuals who are so shockingly different from them.
Um, Are not the Muslims the ones who kill women for being "promiscuous"?
I just read of an Iranian girl of 16 who was hanged in the town square from a crane. For riding in a car with non-relative men. No trial, no verdict, just killed. Her Dad found out after she was hanging from the crane. I must say that Muslim treatment of women is far from respectful, at least in our way of thinking, I think! :)
Tommy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Again, not saying I agree with how they do things, but I'm guessing unwed teenage pregnancy is not a problem in Iran. :idea:

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 10:51 AM
BnB,
You know much more about the bible than I do, but the story of Sodum and Gomorrah comes to my mind:confused:
Choices of right vs wrong, choice of vulgar vs decencey, choice of respect for your wife,choice of WWJD, but you're the "good" christian and I'm sorry I don't preach so I'll leave it a lone... good day. Just my .02 :D
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Sodum and Gomorrah?? Why would THAT come to mind?? Sheesh dude...:eek:

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Again, not saying I agree with how they do things, but I'm guessing unwed teenage pregnancy is not a problem in Iran. :idea:
Now that's an understatement.
Sleeper CP

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 10:55 AM
As I said I need to do a little research ,or maybe a lot:idea:
Sleeper CP

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Now that's an understatement.
Sleeper CP
LOL, yes it is. :D

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Forgot to ask: Are you conceding the other points?
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

thatguy
10-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Game ON!
Tommy

ULTRA26 # 1
10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
BnB,
From someone who knows as much about the Bible as you claim to, it would seem you would know how to spell Sodom and Gomorrah.
I'm a terrible speller and this one jumped out.
For the sins of their inhabitants Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim were destroyed by "brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven" (Genesis 19:24-25). Since then, their names are synonymous with impenitent sin, and their fall with a proverbial manifestation of God's wrath (Jude 1:7).
More of the stuff I have a hard time with.

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Game ON!
Tommy
:D
I was just looking for a way to drive my post count, do you think I might have found it;)
Actually not looking for a debate, just pointing out what I preceive as a inconsistency.
Oh, I spelled Sodom wrong but I got Gomorrah ,go figure :idea:
Got to go work on the boat for a few hours... have fun guys and gal.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Sleeper CP
10-06-2007, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2827354]BnB,
From someone who knows as much about the Bible as you claim to, it would seem you would know how to spell Sodom and Gomorrah.
For the sins of their inhabitants Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim were destroyed by "brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven" (Genesis 19:24-25). Since then, their names are synonymous with impenitent sin, and their fall with a proverbial manifestation of God's wrath (Jude 1:7).
That and: Sodom and Gomorrah have been used as metaphors for sinfulness and sexual deviation. (Kind of where I was headed I would hope he understood the metaphor, but maybe not)
Sleeper CP
now off to work on the boat.

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 12:11 PM
BnB,
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
BnB,
More of the stuff I have a hard time with.
See, thats what I get for copying someone elses' spelling.......surprised Mrs. Wood didn't slap his hand for that one...she would have mine.....:rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Get over it.
I hardly ever correct people's spelling. I make mistakes also. I only feel the need to when someone has tons of errors in a post where he/she is calling someone else stupid, dumb, ignorant, etc. Please do a search and tell me how many times I have corrected YOUR spelling/grammar.
Sorry if it keeps you awake at night. :rolleyes: Most people would laugh it off.

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Get over it.
I hardly ever correct people's spelling. I make mistakes also. I only feel the need to when someone has tons of errors in a post where he/she is calling someone else stupid, dumb, ignorant, etc. Please do a search and tell me how many times I have corrected YOUR spelling/grammar.
Sorry if it keeps you awake at night. :rolleyes: Most people would laugh it off.
But not all....:mad:

Kachina26
10-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Um, Are not the Muslims the ones who kill women for being "promiscuous"?
I just read of an Iranian girl of 16 who was hanged in the town square from a crane. For riding in a car with non-relative men. No trial, no verdict, just killed. Her Dad found out after she was hanging from the crane. I must say that Muslim treatment of women is far from respectful, at least in our way of thinking, I think! :)
Tommy
So that movie "Riding in Cars With Boys" would have been a short one in Iran.:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-06-2007, 01:05 PM
BnB,
[I]For the sins of their inhabitants Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim were destroyed by "brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven" (Genesis 19:24-25). Since then, their names are synonymous with impenitent sin, and their fall with a proverbial manifestation of God's wrath (Jude 1:7).I]
That and: Sodom and Gomorrah have been used as metaphors for sinfulness and sexual deviation.
Kind of where I was headed I would hope he understood the metaphor, but maybe not)
Sleeper CP
now off to work on the boat.
Not sure that he would.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 01:09 PM
But not all....:mad:
So I went back through 500 of my posts and couldn't find ONE time I corrected your spelling or grammar. It wouldn't let me search anymore and I'm tired anyway.
If you can't get over it, then that's your problem. I suggest you toughen up, buttercup. You take things way too personal.

Kachina26
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
So I went back through 500 of my posts and couldn't find ONE time I corrected your spelling or grammar. It wouldn't let me search anymore and I'm tired anyway.
If you can't get over it, then that's your problem. I suggest you toughen up, buttercup. You take things way too personal.
You know Amtrak is for the thin skinned guys that couldn't handle real railroading:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 01:14 PM
So that movie "Riding in Cars With Boys" would have been a short one in Iran.:idea:
LOL

Jbb
10-06-2007, 01:17 PM
BTW, here's the actual pic...:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40622&stc=1&d=1191686789
:p

Screemy1
10-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I would like the story behind the pic, it could be a toy AK, as it looks like the toy AK I had as a kid that I got for Christmas. I loved to play guns or hide and kill as a kid..... kinda a spin off of hide and seek, yet you shot them with your toy gun instead of tagging them.... good memories.... and as for the dress up.... a lot of us Americans have no problem with our kids dressed as soldiers.... Haloween, for play... whatever. This kid could be dressed up as the local military, just because certain countries have differant military then ours i.e. uniforms.... I see nothing wrong with the picture if I look at it as just that, a picture.... what is the story behind it?

boatsnblondes
10-06-2007, 01:56 PM
You know Amtrak is for the thin skinned guys that couldn't handle real railroading:jawdrop:
Better remember who your talking to. I've forgotten more about trains than you know. Amatuer.:D

GHT
10-06-2007, 03:15 PM
F'ing CLASSIC. I almost thought TBI did that...
We will never be safe until everyone realizes this is WWIII and it is just the beginning. What ever happened to the Crusaders? Maybe we should do it again then we will be safe again for another 6 to 7 hundred years?:idea:

thatguy
10-06-2007, 03:17 PM
LOL! I think I do remember you correcting him in the God thread, AND called him "sweety". That really irked him. I can't wait to see what "buttercup" does for B&B's blood pressure. :D
Tommy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
F'ing CLASSIC. I almost thought TBI did that...
We will never be safe until everyone realizes this is WWIII and it is just the beginning. What ever happened to the Crusaders? Maybe we should do it again then we will be safe again for another 6 to 7 hundred years?:idea:
Actually, the Christian Crusaders lost. The only thing they gained in the end was access for Christian pilgrims to enter Jerusalem and the riches they plundered. The Muslims got to keep all of the territory in the end.
LOL! I think I do remember you correcting him in the God thread, AND called him "sweety". That really irked him. I can't wait to see what "buttercup" does for B&B's blood pressure. :D
Tommy
He's trying to ignore me and that's fine with me. I didn't correct him, it was someone else. The guy that called us idiots and said we should try reading sometime. . . .or something along those lines. I know I've corrected him in the past, MAYBE twice in 2-3 years.

GHT
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=My Man's Sportin' Wood;2827572]Actually, the Christian Crusaders lost. The only thing they gained in the end was access for Christian pilgrims to enter Jerusalem and the riches they plundered. The Muslims got to keep all of the territory in the end.
Never did any research on the "real" history (but would love to if I didn't work so F'ing much). But, I'd bet the outcome would be different today it the gloves were to come off. It sounds like all we have done is run from this impending war for centuries (by moving to different lands / continents) and the day is coming when we have nowhere else to run because the world is too small. The day is here everyone!

thatguy
10-06-2007, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=My Man's Sportin' Wood;2827572]Actually, the Christian Crusaders lost. The only thing they gained in the end was access for Christian pilgrims to enter Jerusalem and the riches they plundered. The Muslims got to keep all of the territory in the end.
Never did any research on the "real" history (but would love to if I didn't work so F'ing much). But, I'd bet the outcome would be different today it the gloves were to come off. It sounds like all we have done is run from this impending war for centuries (by moving to different lands / continents) and the day is coming when we have nowhere else to run because the world is too small. The day is here everyone!
If you find time, start with the fall of Costitinople (modern day Istanbul). It is a particularly brutal tale. Most of the aggressors where in fact mercenaries. The Wallchian (Romanian) merc's were noted for thier extreme barbarism and ruthlessness. Thier escapades horrified thier employers to the point of "firing" them and attempting to strip them of the plunder. Rape, skinning alive and impaling were daily items of recreation for the Wallachians.
It most definitley NOT men in white robes doing the fighting.
Tommy

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually, the Christian Crusaders lost. The only thing they gained in the end was access for Christian pilgrims to enter Jerusalem and the riches they plundered. The Muslims got to keep all of the territory in the end.
The History Channel has an excellent video on it. It has all perspectives and is the best I've seen, so far. You can get it online. I think there is 3 hours of video, but I could be wrong.
I agree, it might be different today. It's a shame we can't all live and let live, isn't it. Makes me think of the Nickelback song, "If Everyone Cared."

GHT
10-06-2007, 03:51 PM
The History Channel has an excellent video on it. It has all perspectives and is the best I've seen, so far. You can get it online. I think there is 3 hours of video, but I could be wrong.
I agree, it might be different today. It's a shame we can't all live and let live, isn't it. Makes me think of the Nickelback song, "If Everyone Cared."
Everyone will NEVER get along.... Just need to accept it and be on the winning team... Or, fight like hell for what you believe... Life is very strange but yet exciting.

thatguy
10-06-2007, 04:00 PM
IMHO, There can never be a winner in a "Holy War". Just a better loser. Holy wars are hate wars. Not for land or power, only to impose ones will upon another. It is an irreconcilable contest. The idea is, if drawn into one, as we are being, protect your citizens and repel the aggressor. Hunt him out and kill him. Not for any reason other than to protect the citizens of your own country. Labels are immaterial.
Tommy

Kachina26
10-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Better remember who your talking to. I've forgotten more about trains than you know. Amatuer.:D
Come on now, I'm on the OH99 roster!!!! (Old Head 99 :D ) By the way, does your spell check not work? Amateur!!!

boatsnblondes
10-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Come on now, I'm on the OH99 roster!!!! (Old Head 99 :D ) By the way, does your spell check not work? Amateur!!!
Damn you!! I did that purpose so that Mrs. Wood could feel good about her life and spellcheck me...:mad:

boatsnblondes
10-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I'll tell ya another thing about Amtrak, that's amazing to me. I did 17 years with UP in LA..best job I could hold was a slot on the basin pool, W. Colton to LB and back. 16-18 hour days every day...the best I could hope for, was maybe a local in the next ten years....whoopee...that board was a 24 hour merry go round...I got so tired of it...
Here I am a year later, on Amtrak, and here is where I am now. I work out of the the Merced crewbase, 30 miles from the house, so this morning, I am running the 712/717 rotation, I go down to BFD on 712, hang out for 2 hours, come back as 717, get back tonight. I will hop on 712 at Modesto here, ride down as a passenger because it saves on gas to Merced, then take the train over at Merced and continue the trip to BFD. And then the reverse tonight. I work 5 days a week, Fri. and Sat. off....I know when I need to be in by, and what time I will be home by. NEVER, and I mean NEVER, did I have that in freight...and I am pulling down 2-2300 a week gross....not too shabby huh?? Still in love with BNSF??? Gotta run...feel free to contact me, I'll set up the interview up here...oh wait, your not a hoghead are ya?? Better get that class 1 going.....kid.....:D

hoolign
10-07-2007, 09:14 AM
BAM!:D :D

Kachina26
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I'll tell ya another thing about Amtrak, that's amazing to me. I did 17 years with UP in LA..best job I could hold was a slot on the basin pool, W. Colton to LB and back. 16-18 hour days every day...the best I could hope for, was maybe a local in the next ten years....whoopee...that board was a 24 hour merry go round...I got so tired of it...
Here I am a year later, on Amtrak, and here is where I am now. I work out of the the Merced crewbase, 30 miles from the house, so this morning, I am running the 712/717 rotation, I go down to BFD on 712, hang out for 2 hours, come back as 717, get back tonight. I will hop on 712 at Modesto here, ride down as a passenger because it saves on gas to Merced, then take the train over at Merced and continue the trip to BFD. And then the reverse tonight. I work 5 days a week, Fri. and Sat. off....I know when I need to be in by, and what time I will be home by. NEVER, and I mean NEVER, did I have that in freight...and I am pulling down 2-2300 a week gross....not too shabby huh?? Still in love with BNSF??? Gotta run...feel free to contact me, I'll set up the interview up here...oh wait, your not a hoghead are ya?? Better get that class 1 going.....kid.....:D
W. Colton, eh? Do you know the Commander from santa flush? I mean Rybak.

boatsnblondes
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Sounds familiar, but they turn over with managers so fast around there you need a score card to keep track....most managers stay just long enough to get some OJT and then head off to a real company...UP has more problems keeping good managers than you would believe....BUT, the bad ones last forever :mad:

Kachina26
10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Sounds familiar, but they turn over with managers so fast around there you need a score card to keep track....most managers stay just long enough to get some OJT and then head off to a real company...UP has more problems keeping good managers than you would believe....BUT, the bad ones last forever :mad:
He was the conductor on the winkle bar, a bnsf exchange train.

boatsnblondes
10-08-2007, 07:10 AM
He was the conductor on the winkle bar, a bnsf exchange train.
Then no, I never knew him....