PDA

View Full Version : Three point VS Motor Plates and rails

Outlaw
10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I currently have the 3 point motor mounts in my 21 daytona.
the one that the bell housing mounts to the jet and then on the sides ,all rubber insulated.
question is will they handle more HP? I'm building a 700+ hp engine for next year.
I know I would have to add a rail and pump brace, but would I be better off
just installing a plate and rail system?

jetboatperformance
10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I currently have the 3 point motor mounts in my 21 daytona.
the one that the bell housing mounts to the jet and then on the sides ,all rubber insulated.
question is will they handle more HP? I'm building a 700+ hp engine for next year.
I know I would have to add a rail and pump brace, but would I be better off
just installing a plate and rail system?
Just my 02 ,go with the motor rails and plates for the HP we've use "modern" 3 pts up to 500HP but lots of 'jiggle' and "torque" with a cushioned 3 pt mts, 700hp is just too much for that setup ...Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/bryan/Hondo-038S.jpg

Scapegoat1
10-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I know v drive and jets always change to rail set up, but why don'tthe inboard/outboard guys ever do this?

DelawareDave
10-06-2007, 05:14 AM
I know v drive and jets always change to rail set up, but why don'tthe inboard/outboard guys ever do this?
No U-joint at the motor.

Outlaw
10-06-2007, 02:25 PM
That is why I asked this question, if the offshore motors
can run well over 700hp with them why couldnt a jet?
Dont get me wrong I like the idea of bolting the engine solid to the stringers and using the rails to tie everything together.
I just wondered if anybody has used the three point with some good HP

SmokinLowriderSS
10-06-2007, 02:57 PM
No U-joint at the motor.
actually I think there IS a u-joint coupling on I/O's.
There is no way to disconnect (real "neutral") a jet drive, without inserting a device into the line.
I/O's have a gear shift Neutral.
To put a Jetaway into place, the rear belhousing mount has to go away. It's in the way. (not to mention the engine relocation foreward)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Just my 02 ,go with the motor rails and plates for the HP we've use "modern" 3 pts up to 500HP but lots of 'jiggle' and "torque" with a cushioned 3 pt mts, 700hp is just too much for that setup ...Tom
]
I agree with Tom on this one. I had a 4 point mount in my old Kachina and the feet always came loose. Went to a rail kit and never looked back.

H20MOFO
10-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm in the market for 1 also.