PDA

View Full Version : Need Tire Hook Up in Havasu

raff
10-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Driving out tonight on I40 to Havasu, had a right front blow out at 70 MPH :eek:
Luckily, I had both hands on the wheel or I would have certainly gone into the trailer of a big rig next to me. JEEEEZZZZ Came only a few inches from that trailer. Trashed the bottom portion of the passenger door!!!
Damn, that rubber is hard!! It almost took out the brake line and my mirror. All in all, the wife and I were very lucky.
Very strange, just lost the tread on the tire,did not lose air pressure..........
About 42,000 on them.
Changed it, but need a new tire, anyone recomend a good tire place?
285/75/16
Any help would be great! Can't live on the smaller spare for the whole week!
Thanks !

Ultracrazy
10-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Driving out tonight on I40 to Havasu, had a right front blow out at 70 MPH :eek:
Luckily, I had both hands on the wheel or I would have certainly gone into the trailer of a big rig next to me. JEEEEZZZZ Came only a few inches from that trailer. Trashed the bottom portion of the passenger door!!!
Damn, that rubber is hard!! It almost took out the brake line and my mirror. All in all, the wife and I were very lucky.
Very strange, just lost the tread on the tire,did not lose air pressure..........
About 42,000 on them.
Changed it, but need a new tire, anyone recomend a good tire place?
285/75/16
Any help would be great! Can't live on the smaller spare for the whole week!
Thanks !
There's a "discount tire" store on 95 within the city.....probably your best bet. Good luck. Glad to hear your okee.
STeve

Not So Fast
10-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Tire Mart up the street from Conquest is who I use. Not Big Jims Tire Pros, I repeat NOT!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

raff
10-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the info.

BigDoug
10-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Mark, go see Josh or Jason at Discount tires next Carl's jr. and tell them i sent you (Full Throttle Custom Detail ) :D

franky
10-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Tire Mart up the street from Conquest is who I use. Not Big Jims Tire Pros, I repeat NOT!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
and the reason being?

Mrs.Racer277
10-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry to hear that Mark.....
Discount Tire is where to go :)

HocusPocus
10-06-2007, 07:04 AM
discount tire has always treated me good... no complaints.

raff
10-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Well thanks for all the replies, ended up at Big-O, the customer service was great, ended up getting all 4 new tries for $875, Todd the manager was great and the help that did the install could not have been nicer. They put the spare back and they even put the jack and all the tools away back behind the seat for me. Once again thanks for all the help.
Now who Knows of a good body shop in S.F.V. ?
Guess we will wait to put the boat in the water tomorrow, since I'm sitting on the beach at the Nautical already drinking.
Sara and I are going over to the races at 95 Speedway tonight, anyone else going?
See ya all later
Mark out

Not So Fast
10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
and the reason being?
If I print out everything that they did WRONG it would take me 2 pages thats why. IMHO, ok?? NSF

Ultracrazy
10-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Well thanks for all the replies, ended up at Big-O, the customer service was great, ended up getting all 4 new tries for $875, Todd the manager was great and the help that did the install could not have been nicer. They put the spare back and they even put the jack and all the tools away back behind the seat for me. Once again thanks for all the help.
Now who Knows of a good body shop in S.F.V. ?
Guess we will wait to put the boat in the water tomorrow, since I'm sitting on the beach at the Nautical already drinking.
Sara and I are going over to the races at 95 Speedway tonight, anyone else going?
See ya all later
Mark out
We will be out Monday and Tuesday at Moabi.........stop by and I'll try to drown your sorrows :D

raff
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
We will be out Monday and Tuesday at Moabi.........stop by and I'll try to drown your sorrows :D
Thats sounds good, I'll try to make it up that way.

SoCal_fun
10-10-2007, 01:34 AM
WOW!! Sorry to read this Mark. So glad you guys are all okay. Bummer about the truck tho..
Take er easy Bro!
Larry (the hermit).

brianthomas
10-10-2007, 04:41 AM
So what kind of tires did you buy? Many of us drive 4x4s and most of the miles are on the highway. I have a new '07 Tahoe 4x4 with a 2 inch front leveling kit installed. I have 265/70-R17s now and want to go to 285 series tires with a little more aggressive tread. Any recomendations for brand?

RitcheyRch
10-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Glad to hear you and Sara are ok.
If still looking for a good body shop you can call
Louie at Yoshi's Auto Body, 10725 Lindley Ave, Granada Hills 818-360-2196
Tell him Rich with the green Civic and white Monte Carlo sent you.