PDA

View Full Version : first jet boat

delemorte
10-06-2007, 05:54 PM
hey guys/Gals.
My boat shows up next weekend and i am trying to get as much info that i can on this thing. Where is a good source of books and the such for late 70's jet boats?

CVX20
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
hey guys/Gals.
My boat shows up next weekend and i am trying to get as much info that i can on this thing. Where is a good source of books and the such for late 70's jet boats?
What kind of 70's jet boat did you get :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Do a search on HERE!!!! There is so much hidden info that it would take months to read it all. Click on the search thread button and seach just jets.....

delemorte
10-06-2007, 06:07 PM
What kind of 70's jet boat did you get :)
its a 79 sleekcraft. I can search around on the forums but was looking for something in text that i could reference and read up on.
I dont have any more details beyond that. but it will be here next weekend and ill have all sorts of pics. A few members live in my town so they should be a great reference. but a owners manual or something of the sort would be awesome.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
You can make your own book. I always cut and paste info from here. Then i file it. I did a search and found 59 pages of threads for ya;)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2070614

jungledave
10-06-2007, 06:44 PM
its a 79 sleekcraft. I can search around on the forums but was looking for something in text that i could reference and read up on.
I dont have any more details beyond that. but it will be here next weekend and ill have all sorts of pics. A few members live in my town so they should be a great reference. but a owners manual or something of the sort would be awesome.I have a pic of one of my sleekcraft kauais for sale in the spam section under sleekcraft kauai for sale olds yeller.

delemorte
10-07-2007, 06:31 AM
Identification will probably be easiest by posting on the boards but like engine maintenance disassembly timing or what else. If you have ever owed a Haynes manual for a vehicle you will know what I am talking about. Hell I might be asking for something that does not even exist

jetboatperformance
10-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Delamorte there is a sot of "generic" manual produced by the Seloc company which has some basic (limited IMO) information on drive repairs and engine maintenance but like Michael (396) indicates you cant get much better help than right here Lots of folks willing to help and coach and encourage Welcome to the boards ! Tom

delemorte
10-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Delamorte there is a sot of "generic" manual produced by the Seloc company which has some basic (limited IMO) information on drive repairs and engine maintenance but like Michael (396) indicates you cant get much better help than right here Lots of folks willing to help and coach and encourage Welcome to the boards ! Tom
No worries on me asking questions on here. I just hate to ask how to on things that may be very basic. but ill check out Seloc. thanks

OverKill
10-07-2007, 04:16 PM
No worries on me asking questions on here. I just hate to ask how to on things that may be very basic. but ill check out Seloc. thanks
S**T ask away don't be shy here, although you might want to put on your thick skin when talking to some of these guys. ;)
OverKill

El Prosecutor
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
If you want to buy the Seloc manual you can get one here:
Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-3665085-2496965?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=seloc+marine+jet+drive)
There is a great illustrated rebuild manual for free download in .pdf format at the American Turbine website (http://www.americanturbine.com/).
Click on "support", then "downloads", then "overhaul manuals".
I rebuilt my jet drive the first year I had it and found the free AT manual to be much more useful than the $30+ Seloc manual.

suckin&pumpin
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
read the things I only done once thread before taking it out :D