PDA

View Full Version : ignition kill

novaz
10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I am using an MSD-6-BTM ignition
and at present i remove the dist to coil lead to turn the engine over prior to firing is there a more tech way of doing this from the seat I heard that blaster type coils can be a problem doing this if so how?
Thanks
Royz

Infomaniac
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Why not just use the small red "trigger" wire. the wire that turns the box on and off.

Shadow1
10-12-2007, 05:07 AM
I am using an MSD-6-BTM ignition
and at present i remove the dist to coil lead to turn the engine over prior to firing is there a more tech way of doing this from the seat I heard that blaster type coils can be a problem doing this if so how?
Thanks
Royz
Sorry for the off topic but why do you spin the motor over first before firing???
To build oil pressure???
You could just put a switch in the line to the hot side of the coil so with the switch open your coil wouldn't get power and then while spinning the motor over hit the switch and power is suddenly restored and the motor fires.

River Rat 005
11-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Thats about how I have mine set up. My ignition is set up on a toggle switch and the starter on a push button. If I don't flip the switch, the button will spin the motor over all day.

sangervdrive
11-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Thats about how I have mine set up. My ignition is set up on a toggle switch and the starter on a push button. If I don't flip the switch, the button will spin the motor over all day.
Same here.

blownrat
11-25-2007, 04:57 AM
just my 2 cents, I use the ground going to msd box, switch brakes the ground

jrork
11-25-2007, 07:34 AM
This brings up a question that I've had for years. Buddy of mine would always spin the motor over till he had oil pressure before he lit it off. Is it as beneficial as it seems like it would be for boats like ours? Curious what folks thought.......thanks for the opportunity to sorta jack this thready :)

Outlaw
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
THEFT DETERRENT
The MSD provides the opportunity to easily install a theft deterrent kill switch
White Wire Trigger
When using the WHITE wire to trigger the MSD, install a switch across the magnetic pickup
VIOLET wire to ground. When the VIOLET wire is grounded, the engine will crank but not start.
Magnetic Pickup Trigger
When using the mag pickup to trigger the MSD, install a switch to the WHITE wire and the
other side to ground. When the WHITE wire is grounded, the engine will crank but will not start.
Connecting a Theft Deterrent Switch Through the MSD Ignition

ck7684
11-27-2007, 05:17 AM
Why not use an oil accumulator to pressurize the block before firing?? Seems better than just turning it over with no ignition...