Mrs 2LKHVSU
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
anyone catch the interview this evening?!?!:(

MADDOG355
10-07-2007, 06:22 PM
CRAP no I missed it, I had to run some errands for the wife :(

Mrs 2LKHVSU
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
He's a big hero in our house and has been for quite a while. It wasn't his best interview, even in the hospital. His 1st hospital interview was better. We hope that his truly IS okay.

thatguy
10-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Why is he in the hospital?
Tommy

Mrs 2LKHVSU
10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Tommy
Ask Kenny Bernstein...big crash.

Kachina26
10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Tommy
crash vid (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TumIhntJIYY)

thatguy
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow, that is UGLY.
Tommy

3 daytona`s
10-07-2007, 07:29 PM
anyone catch the interview this evening?!?!:(
I feel this may be the end of his driving,not a pretty picture

beernut
10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
compound fracture in leg, dislocated and broken wrist, lots of meds, he will be ok, :( :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
compound fracture in leg, dislocated and broken wrist, lots of meds, he will be ok, :( :D
Hope so..

topless
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
TommyWhere have you been?:confused:

TBONE1904
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Kenny didn't do anything......I saw the interview, and told everyone there he shouldn't be on TV right now. I don't know what to say, the car disassembled in a weird way. All it did for me was make my girlfriend more scared. I am stepping up to NE1, and now she isn't so supportive. Don't get me wrong I respect John Force tremendously, but it's a little strange when the "team to beat" has so many fatal/life threating crashes in one season. Thank GOD John is ok, but all an all drag racing is a helluva sport!:D

MudPumper
10-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Are you saying it's Kenny's fault??:confused:

TopGun4608
10-07-2007, 10:38 PM
We have known the Force family for a long time. I just recently spent over a month in the hospital on heavy pain meds for spinal meningitis. I dont recall looking as bad as he did tonight. John has some horrible breaks to his lower leg but I did not expect him to look like he did in the interview. I had heard that John was trying to make it back for pomona but NO WAY will that happen. Our thoughts and prayers are with JFR. It has been a very tough year for him but they will get through it. Ashley hasnt left Baylor since the crash. She looked tired too but she has a few weeks off so hopefully she will be ready for Vegas. It would be nice to see Robert take a Win in one of the last two races. We will be at both cheering him on!

Bense468
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
An interesting sunday in FC today. I'm stoked to see capps and scelzi in the chase, too bad they had to bump beckman. Unfortunate force couldn't of been a part. He respects all those guys in the top 5. Get well soon John
Vegas and Pomona are going to be wild.

thatguy
10-08-2007, 03:25 AM
Where have you been?:confused:
On a drill rig at the end of a canyon in Parachute, CO.
Tommy

Not So Fast
10-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Damn thats really scary, no wonder he worries about his daughter driving!:( I've always liked John Force, so energetic and what charisma. Sure hope he recovers and returns to the sport he loves. NSF

boatnam2
10-08-2007, 07:49 AM
very sad to see,seems like everytime they show him he looks worse.Maybe he will figure out that at 50+ you just dont bounce back like a 20 year old.He is the best there is, hate to see it maybe be the end but he has nothing to prove and it wont be long before he is standing next to snake at the starting line.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
10-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Are you saying it's Kenny's fault??:confused:
Not his fault..just that he was there. I've always been a big Force fan, never much of a Bernstein fan. No ones fault, really in drag racing, too many variables.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
10-08-2007, 08:20 AM
We have known the Force family for a long time. I just recently spent over a month in the hospital on heavy pain meds for spinal meningitis. I dont recall looking as bad as he did tonight. John has some horrible breaks to his lower leg but I did not expect him to look like he did in the interview. I had heard that John was trying to make it back for pomona but NO WAY will that happen. Our thoughts and prayers are with JFR. It has been a very tough year for him but they will get through it. Ashley hasnt left Baylor since the crash. She looked tired too but she has a few weeks off so hopefully she will be ready for Vegas. It would be nice to see Robert take a Win in one of the last two races. We will be at both cheering him on!
It has been a rough year for the Force Next generation teams. We will be cheering them on, too!

socalcrickett
10-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey maybe you might be able to answer a question for me. Was John using any of the new safety equipment he has been developing. I know that since the "last accident" he was really on a role with comming out with new safety equipment.

boater72
10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey maybe you might be able to answer a question for me. Was John using any of the new safety equipment he has been developing. I know that since the "last accident" he was really on a role with comming out with new safety equipment.
Yes he was and so was Kenny. If you watch Kenny's car he was hitting his head on the roll bar many times. If the new changes John made which NHRA made it a rule you had to do to your car it would have been much worse for both drivers.

Bense468
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
By that race almost every team FC and rail was using the ISP pads with the new cage. Now there is more improvements going on to mid chasis break points.

Wavemaker
10-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Check www.JohnForceRacing.com for updates of his recover status. You can even send him messages for his recovery.
Ashley's team missed Richmond race as her car was still having the frame reinforced and Robert Hight's car was given first priority for these modifications as he is running for the NHRA version of the chase. Ashley is expected to run at Las Vegas and / or Pomona. This may depend upon John's status of recovery.
John will need a good amount of physical therapy and just plain old healing is required. His right knee had a deep laceration, and leg has multiple breaks. Problems also complicated by polio issues from his youth. Some fingers worn down to the bones, broken and dis-located ankle on left foot, and much more. The JohnForceRacing web site provides a good, detailed listing of the injuries John suffered. He took a tough beating to be sure! Send him your wishes for a complete recovery.