PDA

View Full Version : Ming flat bottom results

Moneypitt
10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Well Art, we did OK.....Still running, nothing hurt.....There was some bazzar heats ran, and some creative scoring....I know we ran a 2 boat qualifier. One boat didn't make the call, (he came out with the other four boats to make that one a 5 boat heat?) and Lee Stacy gernaded coming to the start. We won that heat. Mike was sorta pinched in the start of the final, and just went for a ride to 6th.......Sunday qualifier, the 52 had, you guessed it, starter problems....and another boat had problems before the start, so, another 2 boat qualifier, Mike won........Final, Wooton was flying, Mike Darner was right on his heels, and we ran third........With a first, a 6th, a first, and a third we wern't in the top three???????...But a boat that didn't start the qualifier WAS??...Like I said, creative scoring...Probably because the qualifiers only had 2 boats and were not offical heats...???? Oh, and the boat that missed the Saturday qualifier and ran in the 5 boat qualifier heat was 2nd overall?...I don't know exactly how all that figured out, but they STARTED the 2 boat qualifiers and allowed them to run 4 laps, for nothing!!!!!!!!??......Heads worked good, but the tune up is gonna be quite different and I'm kinda sneeking up on it....Don't want to get too lean....Great air, 100% mornings and high 90s (98%) afternoons.......
PS
Wooton PS346
Darner PS8
Hall PS929
SS
Bryant SS80
Darner SS8
Bartone SS22??
K
Bryant K69
Tuttle K5
Wooton K346

GofastRacer
10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Tune up different no shit, I'm surprised that they didn't hurt ya, those heads belong on a 500" motor but glad they work for ya!.. So how did the 52 boat do on Sat??, it should have woke up a bit with the gear change???.. And what's with the starter shit again???, it was setup good and I didn't have any problems with it at all????.. WTF!...

Moneypitt
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Tune up different no shit, I'm surprised that they didn't hurt ya, those heads belong on a 500" motor but glad they work for ya!.. So how did the 52 boat do on Sat??, it should have woke up a bit with the gear change???.. And what's with the starter shit again???, it was setup good and I didn't have any problems with it at all????.. WTF!...
The 52 ran good on Saturday, (5th), leaned out from the beach.......Starter is up to it's old tricks, wasted another ring gear....I think Brad has sewed up 1st in WPRA points......!!!!!!!!

GofastRacer
10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Well that's great he got #1!.. Yeah the air wasen't all that great at the Beach, could have leaned it out a bunch!..... Well it ain't the starter it's the operator, I had to remind him everytime he went out what not to do!...

mango madness
10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey I resemble that remark,
Ray the reason I didnt make it in the first heat on sat. was no one told us there was a change in the schedule we were watching closely to the boats on the water and to the schedule, next time I looked the pro-stock first heat was on the water! the pa was not working where we were and I talked to Ross he said he had told someone to let us know but they never did.
It would not have mattered anyway I ran 4 times in pro-stock and got 4 2nd places if that's not 2nd than I would be more than happy to send you my trophy!
Mike D.

Moneypitt
10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey I resemble that remark,
Ray the reason I didnt make it in the first heat on sat. was no one told us there was a change in the schedule we were watching closely to the boats on the water and to the schedule, next time I looked the pro-stock first heat was on the water! the pa was not working where we were and I talked to Ross he said he had told someone to let us know but never did.
It would not have mattered anyway I ran 4 times in pro-stock and got 4 2nd places if that's not 2nd than I would be more than happy to send you my trophy!
Mike D.
No sweat Mike, you earned every bit of what you received, gave the Rocket a run every time.....With a couple of exceptions it was a great weekend..See you at Parker........Ray