PDA

View Full Version : reverse gate gets stuck/ any fix?

GravelSlinger
10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
whenever i suck up sand/gravel at the boat ramp my reverse gate gets stuck shut. the only way i can free it is to climb in the water and force it open. its adjusted properly and works freely under normal conditions, but somehow sand gets it jammed shut. is there any fix for this? its on a dominator pump

Bense468
10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
quit slinging gravel.

Sleeper CP
10-08-2007, 04:24 PM
quit slinging gravel.
:D
I was thinking the same thing.
You could pull it off and open up the clearances on it side/side :idea:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

CPBRIAN10THMTN
10-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Take the pins out, pull it off and clean everything, probably sand and crap in there. Then get new nyliner bearings. Either that or check you cable.

GravelSlinger
10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
i think the sand/ pea gravel gets lodged between the gate and the end of the nozzle, so it wont allow it to rotate up. everything is in good shape otherwise. its hard to avoid because the river is so low around here, just barely enough water to float the boat off the trailer. you can walk across most portions of the river

Ken F
10-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Well, if that's the case, you are probably going to have to live with it.
Have you given any thought to the same gravel getting between your wearring & the impeller?
Don't think I would run mine in that shallow of water!
Ken F

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
quit slinging gravel.
Yep. That'll take care of the problem.

GravelSlinger
10-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Don't think I would run mine in that shallow of water!
Ken F
:confused: kind of defeats the purpose of having a jet boat. thanks for the help

ck7684
10-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Well, jet boats are great for shallow waters, but pumping grit through wears em out fast...
Could be an interesting topic of discussion though. I think more clearance would just let the larger pepples get stuck instead though. Do they get in there on the move or just when putting the boat in?

GravelSlinger
10-09-2007, 01:45 PM
the only time its ever a problem is when im trying to get it on the trailer. ill put it in reverse to pull up slow and then it gets jammed. so you have to bail out and jerk it loose. thats the only time it sucks anything through the pump is when im at the ramp or if i try to take off in too shallow of water. on plane it will run in 6 inches no problem