PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy Place Diverter

79TahitiCBB
08-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Been reading the site for a while, great place to learn and ask questions. I am looking to buy a place diverter for a Berkeley pump, anyone have one they want to get rid of?
Mike
Nor-Cal

79TahitiCBB
08-05-2003, 10:28 PM

Moomawnster
08-05-2003, 11:03 PM
HehHeh ... Me again ! If you want this to happen anytime soon stop looking for a used one and buy new , you WILL love it . These items work so well that they don't show up used often ... I bit the bullet and got one from Duane at Hi Tech Performance . Again you will never regret the $$$ spent .... it is the single best improvement you can make to a jet boat ...... Moo

cdaspeed
08-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Call Rex marine!!!!
I just bought one last week. Best price around.
And as with anything else you buy from Rex, You can't beat their customer service!(at any price)
Mark

HotHallet
08-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Bought my diverter from Cyclone for $300 with cable, manual floor mount control. Had to buy a few heim joints from Place but she is installed and roosts well. Must have item on a jet boat. Without it you get beat up like nobody's business.

GlastronGuy
08-06-2003, 04:11 PM
I think I am going to take the plunge too. I have been talking to Duane at Hi-Tech Performance (http://www.hi-techperformance.com/)

ChetCapoli
08-06-2003, 08:10 PM
cdaspeed:
Call Rex marine!!!!
And as with anything else you buy from Rex, You can't beat their customer service!(at any price)
Mark Best price around? How much might that be? I've never known rex to beat CP(or anyone) on much of anything. I take that back, CP performances shipping leaves little to be desired. There prices are great but they make it up by jabbing you with the shipping charges.
The aggressor hydraulic diverter is where it's at bar none. Comes with everything as standard which is optional on a place diverter. Price can't be beat either.
CHET

victorfb
08-06-2003, 08:20 PM
i got mine last month from CP. they were actually the cheapest and the only one who had one in stock. got it in 3 days. shipping wasnt much, (cant remember the amount of shipping) but even if it was a couple bucks more it was worth it. got it here and on the boat in time for a trip. didnt think i would make it with the diverter installed. but i was so happy i did. them roosters are so friggin cool! and amazed how much you can control the ride.
thanks CP. :D

superdave013
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
I was checking out a custom one that was done up by Jack @ MPD the other day. It was pretty bad ass

PC Rat
08-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Curious if they still make those reverse buckets that are the ram horn style so you don't have the reverse outlet dragging in the water and who made them.
Brian

victorfb
08-06-2003, 09:03 PM
the place diverter reverse gate is flush with the built in little ride plate. doesnt drag like the stock or the older jet-o-vaters did.
i have an old ARS marine catalog that has the reverse buckets you described. #BER H03331 these were for the race type nozzles that had no reverse gate.

79TahitiCBB
08-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Moomawnster:
HehHeh ... Me again ! If you want this to happen anytime soon stop looking for a used one and buy new , you WILL love it . These items work so well that they don't show up used often ... I bit the bullet and got one from Duane at Hi Tech Performance . Again you will never regret the $$$ spent .... it is the single best improvement you can make to a jet boat ...... Moo Thanks man, I was planning on getting the diverter before the snoot anyways. The problem is I am a cheap poor drunk college student, so I am looking for a used one.
Mike

HBjet
08-06-2003, 09:32 PM
superdave013:
I was checking out a custom one that was done up by Jack @ MPD the other day. It was pretty bad ass Would that one happen to be going into a older blue ex race boat?
HBjet :D

Rexone
08-06-2003, 10:32 PM
ChetCapoli:
cdaspeed:
Call Rex marine!!!!
Mark Best price around? How much might that be? I've never known rex to beat CP(or anyone) on much of anything. I take that back, CP performances shipping leaves little to be desired. There prices are great but they make it up by jabbing you with the shipping charges. CHET First, thank you for the endorsement cdaspeed
Normally I refrain from posting anything anywhere around Chet because I don't enjoy or wish to engage in the typical useless arguments that seem to follow him around the forum like glue. But on the other hand I can't stand idley while the implication that Rex is higher priced on most everything is falsely portrayed either. I can only assume he hasn't known Rex to be any cheaper because he hasn't actually looked beyond perhaps a couple items he came up with that were higher. At least I'll give the benefit of the doubt on that.
Rex pricing on Place Diverters that's been in place for awhile (yes we used to be $7 higher on the manuel one). Rex Place Diverter Pricing (http://www.rexmar.com/price/ps128.htm)
As far as justifying a lowball price and then hammering someone with extra freight charges to compensate for it, I fail to see how that translates into good a value for any customer, or good business tactics by any vendor frankly. I have no knowledge of CP padding freight but if they are it's not my business nor is it my place to comment on it.
I will assure everyone though that Rex Marine does not "pad" the freight to make up for some artificially low price on any product. It's not good biz and we just don't do it.
[ August 07, 2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

victorfb
08-06-2003, 11:38 PM
atta boy mike. ive delt with REX a few times and found it a great place and helpfull people. your price on the place diverter is the same as CP (in my case) and i actually called REX first. they just didnt have any in at the time and were back ordered. (every year around that time). didnt know when they would be available, so i called CP. wella... i was roostin the next weekend. besides, i had to jump on it before i figured out how hard my wallet was gettin hit. but damn worth every penny. just havnt had a double double in a while now though. oh well, who needs food?

HM
08-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Rex, we all know you are one of the premier places to buy our goodies and your prices are reasonable and your customer service is awesome!! Free sodas while you shop and watch sick racing videos??? Now that is atmosphere.
I think even newbies who have never read any of Chets posts can figure out he is just an ass munch looking for someone to break his spokes. smile_sp

Moomawnster
08-07-2003, 02:52 AM
"Thanks man, I was planning on getting the diverter before the snoot anyways. The problem is I am a cheap poor drunk college student, so I am looking for a used one"
Mike [/QB][/QUOTE]
Well then ......you must be patient and search hard grasshopper .... :D

superdave013
08-07-2003, 06:05 AM
HBjet:
superdave013:
I was checking out a custom one that was done up by Jack @ MPD the other day. It was pretty bad ass Would that one happen to be going into a older blue ex race boat?
HBjet :D No way. It was on the back of an older blue ex race boat. :D
I will be towing that boat out to the CBBB.
See ya there and as Froggy would say, "squirts up"! :D
[ August 07, 2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

river nut
08-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I HAVE A FLOOR SHIFT AMERICAN TURBINE JET O VATORALSO HAVE A REBUILT DOMINATOR PMP LATER NUT

j71vance
08-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Get your diverter at CP in Rohnert Park Ca. Ask for Nick he will hook you up.