PDA

View Full Version : Things other people accomplished....

Jbb
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
when they were your age... (http://www.museumofconceptualart.com/accomplished/)

fat rat
10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
At age 15, Albert Einstein, with poor grades in geography, history and languages, dropped out of school.:confused:

Ziggy
10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
George Foreman recaptured the heavyweight championship with a 10th round knockout, becoming the oldest person ever to win the heavyweight championship

hoolign
10-09-2007, 11:50 AM
They only accomplished anything because there was no ***boat.com then!!:D

Boatcop
10-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Looks like I have no regrets.
Televangelist Jimmy Swaggart had sex with a prostitute and was removed from the ministry.
Francis Chichester sailed around the world alone in a 53-foot boat normally manned by a crew of six.
Mr. Phillips was 52 when he began work on painting his front door. The work is about 46% complete and is expected to take another eighteen months. Mr. Phillips is not a national figure but works at a leading educational institute.
Nila Hughes installed all of the innerds of her toilet in two hours without any male help.
Terri Dratt created her first bowl on a pottery wheel and played her first penny slot machine.
Christine Cook learned how to swim, after being afraid of water all her life. She can only swim on her back, and sinks if trying to swim on her front.
Dale Edmonds of Alabama drank a liter of tequila and pierced his left ear with a needle unassisted. At the same age, he quit smoking for four months from a 3+ pack a day habit. Unfortunately he relapsed and has to do it all over again.
Lynn went on a date and didn't care when the guy failed to call back.

adjones419
10-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Inventor Samuel Colt patented the Colt six-shooter revolver.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Fats Domino was a professional pianist by 10.
At age 10, future United States Senator Claude Pepper carved the words "Claude Pepper, United States Senator" on a tree.
Sagan P. is able to 1. refrain from screaming when the neighbor dog comes over to play, 2. talk like a pirate (YARRRRgh! Shibble me gimbers!), and 3. pick his nose with both fingers at one time.
Lots of pianists out there :D No I'm not 10, but I found out that lots of people accomplished more before they turned 10 than I have.

wright27
10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I like age 0
At age 0:
Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.
(Baby) Evans, daughter of Mrs. T.W. Evans, became the first child to be born in an airplane. The first children to be born in a car, covered wagon, boat, etc., were also born at this age.
By eight weeks of age, Christian Friedrich Heinecken was speaking intelligible German. Many children can't even speak English at that age.
At six months of age, William J. Sidis, Jr., the son of a psychiatrist, knew the alphabet.
At nine months, the American actress Maude Adams first appeared on stage. She later played the title role in Peter Pan.
At ten months, Mary Stuart was crowned Queen of Scots.
Before he was one year old, Leonard Bernstein played his first piano note. He appeared to enjoy the note very much.

HocusPocus
10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
George Foreman recaptured the heavyweight championship with a 10th round knockout, becoming the oldest person ever to win the heavyweight championship
45... i just got the same answer.

beaverretriever
10-09-2007, 02:41 PM
These are great..
I am not 30.. but
At age 30, Norma Paisley realized she has wasted a lot of time.

OnlyMoney
10-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I looked up my hubby's...39.
:idea:
In the wake of the firing of Jocelyn Elders as Surgeon General for her use of the m-word, Earl Vickers proclaimed an International Day of Masturbation and used the internet to organize the biggest simultaneous orgasm in history, with media coverage around the world.

Sleek-Jet
10-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Don Simpson got hit in the eye by his karate instructor and bled all over the place.
Ok, who is Don Simpson, and why was he taking Karate lessons?? :idea:

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
At age 43:
Music teacher William Herschel discovered your anus. :eek:
spell chk.
OHhhh Uranus.:D
T.

hoolign
10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
At age 43:
Music teacher William Herschel discovered your anus. :eek:
spell chk.
OHhhh Uranus.:D
T.
That was Father William Herschel :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

rrrr
10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I looked up my hubby's...39.
:idea:
In the wake of the firing of Jocelyn Elders as Surgeon General for her use of the m-word, Earl Vickers proclaimed an International Day of Masturbation and used the internet to organize the biggest simultaneous orgasm in history, with media coverage around the world.
At age 37:
Earl Vickers became the first person to translate the entire Bible into Pig Latin.
Looks like Earl leads a busy and meaningful life.......he must be the Tom Brown of some obscure message board. :D :D

rrrr
10-09-2007, 04:40 PM
That was Father William Herschel :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
LMAO!!! :D

Ryphraph
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Looks like I am in good company at 39...
Ryph