PDA

View Full Version : Rush's Phoney Soldier Comment

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Should we expect a senate vote on Rush's comment referreing to US Servicemen who support the withdrawl from Iraq, as "phoney soldiers".
Ok guys let's hear your justification of this, and yet another, tasteless comment.

eliminatedsprinter
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Should we expect a senate vote on Rush's comment referreing to US Servicemen who support the withdrawl from Iraq, as "phoney soldiers".
Ok guys let's hear your justification of this, and yet another, tasteless comment.
You are a bit behind the times on this one.;) That was last weeks phoney scandal. I'm not a huge Limbaugh fan, but Limbaugh's comment was in referance to a specific soldier, who was indeed a fraud (he claimed to be a decorated Iraqi Freedom vet, when he was in fact, a fellow who washed out of boot camp). This move by Senator Reid and the moveon.org crowd just serves to demonstrate how desperate they are to shut up folks like Limbaugh and Hannity etc....
:)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
You are a bit behind the times on this one.;) That was last weeks phoney scandal. I'm not a huge Limbaugh fan, but Limbaugh's comment was in referance to a specific soldier, who was indeed a fraud (he claimed to be a decorated Iraqi Freedom vet, when he was in fact, a fellow who washed out of boot camp). This move by Senator Reid and the moveon.org crowd just serves to demonstrate how desperate they are to shut up folks like Limbaugh and Hannity etc....
:)
Problem as I see it is there is no need to quiet the likes of Limbaugh, Moveon or anyone else who has something to say. It's not an issue for the House or Senate.
This move by Senator Reid and the moveon.org crowd just serves to demonstrate how desperate they are to shut up folks like Limbaugh and Hannity etc....
How is this any different than the Betrayus BS.
Voting on the appropriateness of a comment is abuse of the system, no matter which side is making the move.

Old Texan
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Limbaugh's comments in question came last Wednesday when Limbaugh and a caller were discussing critics of the Iraq war:
"What's really funny is, they [Iraq war critics] never talk to real soldiers," the caller said. "They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media."
"The phony soldiers," Limbaugh then said.
Again with more of the conversation
Below is the transcript of Rush’s show in which the comment was made.
CALLER: I’m one of the few that joined the Army to serve my country, I’m proud to say, not for the money or anything like that. What I would like to retort to is that, what these people don’t understand, is if we pull out of Iraq right now, which is not possible because of all the stuff that’s over there, it would take us at least a year to pull everything back out of Iraq, then Iraq itself would collapse and we’d have to go right back over there within a year or so.RUSH: There’s a lot more than that that they don’t understand. The next guy that calls here I’m going to ask them, “What is the imperative of pulling out? What’s in it for the United States to pull out?” I don’t think they have an answer for that other than, “When’s he going to bring the troops home? Keep the troops safe,” whatever. CALLER: Yeah.RUSH: It’s not possible intellectually to follow these people.CALLER: No, it’s not. And what’s really funny is they never talk to real soldiers. They pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and spout to the media.
RUSH: The phony soldiers.
CALLER: Phony soldiers. If you talk to any real soldier and they’re proud to serve, they want to be over in Iraq, they understand their sacrifice and they’re willing to sacrifice for the country.
RUSH: They joined to be in Iraq.
CALLER: A lot of people.
RUSH: You know where you’re going these days, the last four years, if you sign up. The odds are you’re going there or Afghanistan, or somewhere.
CALLER: Exactly, sir. My other comment, my original comment, was a retort to Jill about the fact we didn’t find any weapons of mass destruction. Actually, we have found weapons of mass destruction in chemical agents that terrorists have been using against us for a while now. I’ve done two tours in Iraq, I just got back in June, and there are many instances of insurgents not knowing what they’re using in their IEDs. They’re using mustard artillery rounds, VX artillery rounds in their IEDs. Because they didn’t know what they were using, they didn’t do it right, and so it didn’t really hurt anybody. But those munitions are over there. It’s a huge desert. If they bury it somewhere, we’re never going to find it.
Limbaugh later went on to talk about a "fraud" who was busted. This "Phoney Soldier" story was on the evening news where I first saw it discussed and told of Jesse Macbeth who quit or was dismissed in boot camp yet went on to tell the story he was a Army Ranger and served in Iraq. He told horror stories of US atrocities or such and how he was completely against the war. I don't recall all the details but there may have even been claims of injury, medals , and other lies (bald faced ones John ;) ) The whole deal was picked up by Media Matters or someone and used as an example even after the group knew the soldier was a fraud and a liar.
Responding to his critics on Friday's show, Limbaugh said he was "taken out of context," adding he was referring to one soldier specifically -- Jesse MacBeth, a war critic who falsely claimed to be an Iraq veteran
Now then Reid and cronies jump on the band wagon on the Senate floor furthering the fraud by proclaiming Limbaugh was disrespecting "real" soldiers.
You fall for this Ultra and you are falling for a scam by Media Matters and your friend Harry Reid and his majority "posse".
ES said it best on their paranoia and concerns about Limbaugh and Hannity. If they ain't lying, why are they so concerned about simple talk show hosts?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Limbaugh later went on to talk about a "fraud" who was busted. This "Phoney Soldier" story was on the evening news where I first saw it discussed and told of Jesse Macbeth who quit or was dismissed in boot camp yet went on to tell the story he was a Army Ranger and served in Iraq. He told horror stories of US atrocities or such and how he was completely against the war. I don't recall all the details but there may have even been claims of injury, medals , and other lies (bald faced ones John ;) ) The whole deal was picked up by Media Matters or someone and used as an example even after the group knew the soldier was a fraud and a liar.
Now then Reid and cronies jump on the band wagon on the Senate floor furthering the fraud by proclaiming Limbaugh was disrespecting "real" soldiers.
You fall for this Ultra and you are falling for a scam by Media Matters and your friend Harry Reid and his majority "posse".
ES said it best on their paranoia and concerns about Limbaugh and Hannity. If they ain't lying, why are they so concerned about simple talk show hosts?
(bald faced ones John ;) ) :D :D
I've listened to the radio broadcast.
ES's comment:
You are a bit behind the times on this one.;) That was last weeks phoney scandal. I'm not a huge Limbaugh fan, but Limbaugh's comment was in referance to a specific soldier, who was indeed a fraud (he claimed to be a decorated Iraqi Freedom vet, when he was in fact, a fellow who washed out of boot camp). This move by Senator Reid and the moveon.org crowd just serves to demonstrate how desperate they are to shut up folks like Limbaugh and Hannity etc....:)
I completely agree.
Still, how is this any different than the Senate vote on the moveon ad?

Old Texan
10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Attacking Limbaugh is one thing, attacking a General doing his duty and putting his life and the lives of our military on the line is a completely different issue. The vote against MoveOn was to be a show of faith from the Congress that hey were behing our Millitary and respected them for the job they have taken on.
If you can't discern the difference, well that's pretty sad John.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Attacking Limbaugh is one thing, attacking a General doing his duty and putting his life and the lives of our military on the line is a completely different issue. The vote against MoveOn was to be a show of faith from the Congress that hey were behing our Millitary and respected them for the job they have taken on.
If you can't discern the difference, well that's pretty sad John.
How about voting in the Senate about Limbaugh's comments, no matter what they are, or moveon's comments, no matter what they are, is complete BS.
Quote: Giuliani
"The point is that you've got to control taxes. I did it, he didn't. ... I led, he lagged."
Quote: Romney
"It's all baloney,", "I did not increase taxes in Massachusetts. I lowered taxes."
Is this an example of truthful Republicans.
I know that it isn't about Republicans or Democrats, it's all about BS politics.

Schiada76
10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
How the hell do you guys still have the patience to try and communicate with this tool?
He doesn't even read or is unable to comprehend a response to his idiotic statements.
I'll try again ( I explained this to the stump in the backyard and the stump understands).
The MO ad was slanderous to a REAL, three times wounded, true patriot. A GENERAL that has dedicated his life to the protection of our country and the entire free world. A true HERO.
Rush referenced LIARS who have been proven to be completely full of shit.
Who wants to bet Ultra still doesn't "understand".:rolleyes:
Notice how he's already ignored the responses and wandered off on another liberal tangent?
liberals are SCUM!

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Schiada,
You really have a way with words. Classy dude. :2purples: :2purples:

Glamasu
10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Schiada,
You really have a way with words. Classy dude. :2purples: :2purples:
Seems like Schiada is alot like ultra 26 in the fact that he is just callen 'em like he sees em....:eek:

Glamasu
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Who wants to bet Ultra still doesn't "understand".
Thats a sucker bet

Schiada76
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Who wants to bet Ultra still doesn't "understand".
Thats a sucker bet
:D :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Attacking Limbaugh is one thing, attacking a General doing his duty and putting his life and the lives of our military on the line is a completely different issue..
???????
Harry Reid was out of line, as is anyone else who is talking about Rush's comments in the House or Senate. The moveon ad was inappropriate but this Country sure doesn't a Senate vote to make it official. Both parties need to keep their eyes on the ball.
Sorry if my comments are to liberal for you Schiada
WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

asch
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Totally out of context and not true.
:rolleyes: c'mon man, get up to speed. You're like a week behind.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Totally out of context and not true.
:rolleyes: c'mon man, get up to speed. You're like a week behind.
It's not about the timing it's about the issue. Harry Reid was acting like an idiot, even thinking about making an issue about something Rush or anyone else said. He's an F'n baby.

Schiada76
10-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Nope, he still doesn't get it. Never will.:rolleyes:

Boatcop
10-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I think a bigger issue is the Democrats now trying to implement the so-called "Fairness Doctrine". This would make any viewpoints presented by entertainers (Face it. That's all Rush and Sean are.) subject to "equal time". So when Rush or Sean present conservative commentary on Radio, they would have to allow an equal amount of opposing viewpoints. Or else be silenced completely.
It's just a way to try and squelch the voices that oppose liberal ideals. They tried to compete with "Air America", NPR, Al Frankin, Al Gore, etc. but tanked because no one wanted to listen to their drivel. No listeners, no advertising dollars. No show. (Enter George Soros)
So in order to "compete", they want to suspend the 1st Amendment, Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press. Not to mention the Government trying to interfere with a private citizen's livelihood and contractual obligations.
Forget that the mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and every major newspaper in every major city) is undeniably slanted left, and push the liberal agenda at every opportunity.
So now, in typical liberal fashion, Democrats feel that they are "victims" of other's successes, and attempt to pass laws so they can get what they feel that they're entitled to.
The Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press were inserted into the Bill of Rights specifically to allow political discussion. And the Dems want to silence it. (Except in venues where they can get their message out.)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Nope, he still doesn't get it. Never will.:rolleyes:
I'm glad it isn't contagious.
I think a bigger issue is the Democrats now trying to implement the so-called "Fairness Doctrine". This would make any viewpoints presented by entertainers (Face it. That's all Rush and Sean are.) subject to "equal time". So when Rush or Sean present conservative commentary on Radio, they would have to allow an equal amount of opposing viewpoints. Or else be silenced completely.
It's just a way to try and squelch the voices that oppose liberal ideals. They tried to compete with "Air America", NPR, Al Frankin, Al Gore, etc. but tanked because no one wanted to listen to their drivel. No listeners, no advertising dollars. No show. (Enter George Soros)
So in order to "compete", they want to suspend the 1st Amendment, Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press. Not to mention the Government trying to interfere with a private citizen's livelihood and contractual obligations.
Forget that the mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and every major newspaper in every major city) is undeniably slanted left, and push the liberal agenda at every opportunity.
So now, in typical liberal fashion, Democrats feel that they are "victims" of other's successes, and attempt to pass laws so they can get what they feel that they're entitled to.
The Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press were inserted into the Bill of Rights specifically to allow political discussion. And the Dems want to silence it. (Except in venues where they can get their message out.)
I agree that this is BS and I would feel that way no matter what party was leading such a campaign. I'm not real thrilled with the Dems in office these days. Like a bunch of 2 year olds

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2007, 06:29 PM
The senate vote on the "Gen Betrayus add, said that Move-on went too far in impuning an honorable man doing his job, and that this man deserved the support of Congress.
The crap against Rush IS BASED ON A LIE BY MEDIA MATTERS (Soros' "reporting" propoganda outlet), a LIE THAT WAS PICKED UP AND RAN WITH BY THE N.Y. TIMES, and THE SAME LIE THAT Dingy Harry Reid KEEPS REPEATING, AND CLAIMING TO BE TRUE.
The LIE is that Rush was claiming real US soldiers who dislike the war are phonies, WHICH IS A LIE.
Rush was speaking of a LIAR who CLAIMED TO BE A US ARMY RANGER, yet NEVER WAS, who claimed to have served in Iraq, WHO NEVER DID, who claimed to have been part of and seen atrocities, WHO NEVER DID BECAUSE HE NEVER GRADUATED BASIC MILLITARY TRAINING.
THAT is a PHONY soldier, as phony as they get, and he is not the only one.
Was there ANY false claims about the add by move-on.org? No.
THERE is your difference.
The outcry against Move-on WAS BASED IN FACT.
The outcry against Rush WAS BASED IN A LIE!
One vote was based on fact, one was based on A LIE.
Have you gotten this thru your skull yet ultra?:rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Rush's comment referreing to US Servicemen who support the withdrawl from Iraq, as "phoney soldiers".
Do you actually believe, after reading the transcripts of the show, that this is what Rush did?
No, wait, that would require "investigation", likely into something "trivial" since you won't be paid to "investigate" it. :idea: :rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-09-2007, 06:50 PM
The senate vote on the "Gen Betrayus add, said that Move-on went too far in impuning an honorable man doing his job, and that this man deserved the support of Congress.
The crap against Rush IS BASED ON A LIE BY MEDIA MATTERS (Soros' "reporting" propoganda outlet), a LIE THAT WAS PICKED UP AND RAN WITH BY THE N.Y. TIMES, and THE SAME LIE THAT Dingy Harry Reid KEEPS REPEATING, AND CLAIMING TO BE TRUE.
The LIE is that Rush was claiming real US soldiers who dislike the war are phonies, WHICH IS A LIE.
Rush was speaking of a LIAR who CLAIMED TO BE A US ARMY RANGER, yet NEVER WAS, who claimed to have served in Iraq, WHO NEVER DID, who claimed to have been part of and seen atrocities, WHO NEVER DID BECAUSE HE NEVER GRADUATED BASIC MILLITARY TRAINING.
THAT is a PHONY soldier, as phony as they get, and he is not the only one.
Was there ANY false claims about the add by move-on.org? No.
THERE is your difference.
The outcry against Move-on WAS BASED IN FACT.
The outcry against Rush WAS BASED IN A LIE!
One vote was based on fact, one was based on A LIE.
Have you gotten this thru your skull yet ultra?:rolleyes:
It doesn't take much smarts to understand the point. It's not up to the Senate to vote on what is or isn't proper, with regard to political bullsh*t. If Petraeus was impugned, then it is up to him to take whatever action he sees fit. If Rush would have called Petraeus a "phoney soldier" I would be saying the exact same thing. For those ho have called George Bush, the Commander and Chief, a lying born again pile of whale sh*t, the same rules apply.
Read Allen's (Boatcop's) post. He and I have very different political views, but on this one we agree.
Smokin, it's hot about who lied or who didn't or who said something that was proper or not, it's about the 1st amendment.
Do you actually believe, after reading the transcripts of the show, that this is what Rush did?
No, wait, that would require "investigation", likely into something "trivial" since you won't be paid to "investigate" it. :idea: :rolleyes:
I've read the transcripts and listened to a recording of the broadcast.
What he said or didn't say, isn't the issue.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Jesse Adam Macbeth (born Jesse Adam Al-Zaid, 1984)
Civilian anti-war protester who falsely claimed to be an Army Ranger and veteran of the Iraq War.
He lied in alternative media interviews that he and his unit routinely committed war crimes in Iraq.
He was discharged from the service after having been declared unfit or unsuitable for the Army, or both, before he could complete basic training.
After his release from the Army in 2004, Macbeth purported himself to be a veteran, telling war stories and garnering attention from mainstream, alternative, and student media outlets.
He joined Iraq Veterans Against the War in January of 2006, and represented, or was scheduled to represent them publicly at various events throughout the country.
On September 21, 2007 Macbeth admitted in federal court that he had faked his war record.
U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Sullivan declared that Macbeth had been in the Army for just 44 days and had been kicked out as unfit.
THAT is a PHONY SOLDIER ultra.
Macbeth's form DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty" record shows he entered U.S. Army service May 1, 2003 and separated from the Army June 13, 2003, without completing basic training, and with no authorization for decorations, medals, badges, citations or campaign ribbons.
Macbeth's lies:
served in Iraq for 16 months before being wounded..."
He and other U.S. Army Rangers were ordered "...do whatever it takes...to strike fear in the hearts of the Iraqis..."
He and other Rangers routinely executed children as part of the interrogations of their parents
He personally killed almost 200 men, women, and children, many at close range, and most or all noncombatants
He and other Rangers infiltrated a mosque, waited for about 200 worshipers to arrive and pray, slaughtered them with guns, ignited the bodies, hung them from the rafters, wrote anti-muslim graffiti on the walls, and left bodies in the streets in retribution for the March 31, 2004 mutilation, burning, and public display of American contractors' bodies in Fallujah
He and other Rangers shot and killed unarmed protesters and children who threw rocks
He personally killed a mother pleading for mercy, and her three children, including an infant, because he "had to."
At the end of the video, he comments that the mainstream media will not quote him, which is why independent media are necessary so that truth can be disseminated.
Macbeth was quoted in an April 26, 2006 SocialistAlternative.org article as saying "We would leave the bodies in the streets and blame it on the Shi'ites or the Sunnis. [In Fallujah] we were ordered to go into mosques and slaughter people while they were praying."
Macbeth is also quoted as saying he was "stabbed many times," has shrapnel in his knee, has been shot in the back, and that he has received the Purple Heart.
He also says his unit was the 3d Ranger Battalion.
The unit did not participate in the U.S. occupation of Fallujah.
Macbeth also says he was "picked" for Ranger School.
Ranger School students are strictly volunteers. Just like SEALS.
The Eastern Arizona Courier reported on November 3, 2003 that Jesse MacBeth had returned 2 and a half months prior - roughly in late August of 2003, after sustaining a back injury.
The article reported that MacBeth had been shot in the back by an M16 rifle while in an Iraqi tunnel, but that a Canadian nurse stitched him up and he continued fighting.
(Canada was not a known participant in the Multinational force in Iraq at the time of the article's publication.)
The article also says that he planned to attend a hearing that month about a medical discharge from the Army.
An April 23, 2004 guest editorial attributed to Macbeth also appeared in The State Press about the protest and dispute, noting that he had already spent 16 months in Iraq.
(The war's duration was only 13 months then.)
The writer also asserted that he was about to be redeployed.
The little 'tard's Military.com profile:
A Military.com user profile for "Jesse a Macbeth" listed among his ribbons a Bronze Star (without a valor device), a Purple Heart, an Army Good Conduct Medal, a National Defense Service Medal, an Army Service Ribbon, and an Overseas Service Ribbon.
He also listed among his badges the Ranger tab, the Special Forces tab, two awards of the Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), two awards of the Combat Action Badge (CAB), A Parachutist Badge with three combat service stars, and a marksmanship award.
Decoration with both the CIB and CAB is possible under certain circumstances, though impossible without switching operational specialities.
Decoration with two awards of the CIB is not possible without combat service prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Decoration with two awards of the CAB was not possible at the time of the profile's posting.
A Parachutist Badge with 3 combat stars is not possible without having served in Operation Desert Storm or an earlier conflict.
So, just what IS this "honorably dissenting soldier" ultra?

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Jesse Adam Macbeth (born Jesse Adam Al-Zaid, 1984)
Civilian anti-war protester who falsely claimed to be an Army Ranger and veteran of the Iraq War.
He lied in alternative media interviews that he and his unit routinely committed war crimes in Iraq.
He was discharged from the service after having been declared unfit or unsuitable for the Army, or both, before he could complete basic training.
After his release from the Army in 2004, Macbeth purported himself to be a veteran, telling war stories and garnering attention from mainstream, alternative, and student media outlets.
He joined Iraq Veterans Against the War in January of 2006, and represented, or was scheduled to represent them publicly at various events throughout the country.
On September 21, 2007 Macbeth admitted in federal court that he had faked his war record.
U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Sullivan declared that Macbeth had been in the Army for just 44 days and had been kicked out as unfit.
THAT is a PHONY SOLDIER ultra.
Macbeth's form DD-214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty" record shows he entered U.S. Army service May 1, 2003 and separated from the Army June 13, 2003, without completing basic training, and with no authorization for decorations, medals, badges, citations or campaign ribbons.
Macbeth's lies:
served in Iraq for 16 months before being wounded..."
He and other U.S. Army Rangers were ordered "...do whatever it takes...to strike fear in the hearts of the Iraqis..."
He and other Rangers routinely executed children as part of the interrogations of their parents
He personally killed almost 200 men, women, and children, many at close range, and most or all noncombatants
He and other Rangers infiltrated a mosque, waited for about 200 worshipers to arrive and pray, slaughtered them with guns, ignited the bodies, hung them from the rafters, wrote anti-muslim graffiti on the walls, and left bodies in the streets in retribution for the March 31, 2004 mutilation, burning, and public display of American contractors' bodies in Fallujah
He and other Rangers shot and killed unarmed protesters and children who threw rocks
He personally killed a mother pleading for mercy, and her three children, including an infant, because he "had to."
At the end of the video, he comments that the mainstream media will not quote him, which is why independent media are necessary so that truth can be disseminated.
Macbeth was quoted in an April 26, 2006 SocialistAlternative.org article as saying "We would leave the bodies in the streets and blame it on the Shi'ites or the Sunnis. [In Fallujah] we were ordered to go into mosques and slaughter people while they were praying."
Macbeth is also quoted as saying he was "stabbed many times," has shrapnel in his knee, has been shot in the back, and that he has received the Purple Heart.
He also says his unit was the 3d Ranger Battalion.
The unit did not participate in the U.S. occupation of Fallujah.
Macbeth also says he was "picked" for Ranger School.
Ranger School students are strictly volunteers. Just like SEALS.
The Eastern Arizona Courier reported on November 3, 2003 that Jesse MacBeth had returned 2 and a half months prior - roughly in late August of 2003, after sustaining a back injury.
The article reported that MacBeth had been shot in the back by an M16 rifle while in an Iraqi tunnel, but that a Canadian nurse stitched him up and he continued fighting.
(Canada was not a known participant in the Multinational force in Iraq at the time of the article's publication.)
The article also says that he planned to attend a hearing that month about a medical discharge from the Army.
An April 23, 2004 guest editorial attributed to Macbeth also appeared in The State Press about the protest and dispute, noting that he had already spent 16 months in Iraq.
(The war's duration was only 13 months then.)
The writer also asserted that he was about to be redeployed.
The little 'tard's Military.com profile:
A Military.com user profile for "Jesse a Macbeth" listed among his ribbons a Bronze Star (without a valor device), a Purple Heart, an Army Good Conduct Medal, a National Defense Service Medal, an Army Service Ribbon, and an Overseas Service Ribbon.
He also listed among his badges the Ranger tab, the Special Forces tab, two awards of the Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), two awards of the Combat Action Badge (CAB), A Parachutist Badge with three combat service stars, and a marksmanship award.
Decoration with both the CIB and CAB is possible under certain circumstances, though impossible without switching operational specialities.
Decoration with two awards of the CIB is not possible without combat service prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Decoration with two awards of the CAB was not possible at the time of the profile's posting.
A Parachutist Badge with 3 combat stars is not possible without having served in Operation Desert Storm or an earlier conflict.
So, just what IS this "honorably dissenting soldier" ultra?

never_fast_enuf
10-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Ultra, do you have a problem with Rush talking about soldiers that lie about their service? If so, why?
Do you not consider a soldier to be phony who claimed to witness other soldiers commit atrocities in Iraq when the guy never made it out of boot camp? If not, why? Specifically, what problem do you have with Rush talking about these people?

Old Texan
10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
I actually understand Ultra's point, although I think it really is out of context and like many of his arguments is based on a "piece" of something rather insignificant to the main issue.
Ultra won't argue that Moveon and Reid were wrong nor will he admit openly that Limbaugh was right. What he is arguing is that it's a waste of time for the Senate to be voting on matters other than legislative issues that is their purpose for being in session. In this he has a valid point.
I do wish he could come to grips with issues the rest of us, including the players in these events see, that of MoveOn dirty politics and Harry Reid and friends vendettta against conservative talk radio for calling them out on their fallacies. Where's the outrage about "Freedom of Speech" repression?
MoveOn.org is unhealthy for America and dangerous for the Democratic Party that is becoming more and more controlled by Soros through this organization. On this issue Ultra is in complete denial.

Schiada76
10-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Didn't want to cut and paste the whole article but this sums up Ultra in a nutshell.
The Culture War on Facts
Are you entitled to your own truth?
Ronald Bailey | October 9, 2007
©2007 Reason Magazine. All Rights Reserved.
"There is a culture war in America, but it is about facts, not values," declare the researchers at the Yale Cultural Cognition Project in a new study called "The Second National Risk and Culture Study: Making Sense of-and Making Progress In-the American Culture War of Fact" (full study not yet available online). Contrary to the late New York Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan's famous maxim, the study finds that most Americans believe they're more than entitled to their own opinions; they believe that they are entitled to their own facts. Obviously, this complicates public policy debates.
liberals are scum

never_fast_enuf
10-10-2007, 06:01 AM
I actually understand Ultra's point, although I think it really is out of context and like many of his arguments is based on a "piece" of something rather insignificant to the main issue.
Ultra won't argue that Moveon and Reid were wrong nor will he admit openly that Limbaugh was right. What he is arguing is that it's a waste of time for the Senate to be voting on matters other than legislative issues that is their purpose for being in session. In this he has a valid point.
I do wish he could come to grips with issues the rest of us, including the players in these events see, that of MoveOn dirty politics and Harry Reid and friends vendettta against conservative talk radio for calling them out on their fallacies. Where's the outrage about "Freedom of Speech" repression?
MoveOn.org is unhealthy for America and dangerous for the Democratic Party that is becoming more and more controlled by Soros through this organization. On this issue Ultra is in complete denial.
The only problem I have is that the democrats used a lie about Limbaugh to counter the slander they used against an active, life long decorated military man. I absolutely believe America needs to understand that groups like Moveon.org and Soros are now driving (controlling) the democrat party and if that means the republicans use a stunt (yes, I believe it was a political stunt) like they did, I am all for it. Clearly, the main stream media will not do their job and report on who these people are.
Lets pretend for a minute that Rush DID slander the troops. He isn't contributing money and controlling the republican party like Moveon does. He is no different than any other radio or tv personality that has been slandering the troops from day one. Again, pretending he did say what media matters lied about, his comments were off the cuff. Moveon's add was premeditated and calculating and by their own admission, they own the democrat party…they bought and paid for it and they own it so they are an integral part of the party now...that is what money does.
The other thing that burns me up is the democrats sudden fake patriotism. They have been trashing the soldiers and their efforts almost from day one.

OGShocker
10-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Rush is a LIBERAL!
:D

eliminatedsprinter
10-10-2007, 09:45 AM
(bald faced ones John ;) ) :D :D
I've listened to the radio broadcast.
ES's comment:
I completely agree.
On one hand both are not really what we pay congress to do, so they do have that much in commen. However, the Senate vote on the moveon add was denouncing a slander. The vote that Sen Reid is proposing is actually promoting a slander, so there is at least that difference.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
On one hand both are not really what we pay congress to do, so they do have that much in commen. However, the Senate vote on the moveon add was denouncing a slander. The vote that Sen Reid is proposing is actually promoting a slander, so there is at least that difference.
I really don't care for Harry Reid, at all. I do understand the difference, however we agree that this is not what we pay congress to do.

eliminatedsprinter
10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I really don't care for Harry Reid, at all. I do understand the difference, however we agree that this is not what we pay congress to do.
No doubt.
I can't remember the last time any congress "Dem or Repub controlled" passed a well crafted piece of new legislation. The Bush tax cut helped my (far from rich) family quite a bit, but even that was flawed by the fact that it needs to be renewed to stay in effect.

OKIE-JET
10-11-2007, 06:40 AM
What he is arguing is that it's a waste of time for the Senate to be voting on matters other than legislative issues that is their purpose for being in session. In this he has a valid point..
Bingo!