PDA

View Full Version : craigslist info

gmocnik
02-28-2006, 08:16 AM
has anyone used craigslist to sell things??? someone suggested the site for selling a vehicle so i placed an ad and i have received a bunch of responses in a very short time...just wondering if there are scams to look out for..
thanks in advance
gm

BarryMac
02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Sold a Surfboard on Craigs, I also had my old truck listed there, had a lot of responses but didn't sell to someone looking on there, my experience was positive, not a lot of random phone calls like the ones that I received when my truck was in the trader, I got a lot of crap calls from that trader add...

FLEA DIDDY
02-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I bought my first jet boat off of there. Pretty straight forward operation.

bilgewiper
02-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I bought a Jeep off of craigslist..............easy transaction

barbigrl
02-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Craig's is good! You can find jobs on there as well!! (set up gay ads for people you don't like too.....oops did I just say that???)

infotraker
02-28-2006, 09:55 AM
I have had several things listed there. No sales so far but did receive some scams. To scams involving money orders. Had a lumber rack listed for $200, got money order for 3K , extra money for sending rack to Canada from CA !!!!!
Just sent him back funny replies , also directed him to the money order scam website. Never heard from them again, both from Nigeria.