PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy for real?

AZJD
10-09-2007, 07:37 PM
I think I might bid on it.......:eek:
http://cgi.ebay.com/15k-Breitling-watch-NO-Reserve_W0QQitemZ120168687519QQihZ002QQcategoryZ31 387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OCMerrill
10-09-2007, 07:46 PM
No papers, can't say it's real?
It's not like the seller is new to ebay.

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I buy alot of watches off Fleabay. but if I were to drop the coin on a Breit, Rolo, Omega ect. it will come from an auth dealer.
No box,, No Papers, No telling if it's a real Breit. Nice piece nonetheless.
Be careful, if it's a copy $4k is alot to lose on a Japanese movement.
T.

AZJD
10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd almost guarantee it's a hijacked account. He's got a $15k watch up for bid, can't construct a halfway decent auction page, can't string a coherent sentence together and has no paperwork or anything other than a few half assed pictures.
Bingo!:D
I have the same watch and it is fake....... Just a scammer trying to make a buck on an idiot.

Outnumbered
10-09-2007, 08:49 PM
The dude has 15 feedback and NO seller feedback. You would be nuts. This is a scam, no doubt about it.

Jordy
10-09-2007, 09:07 PM
C'mon now Justin, he scams you and you get a fake watch, all the while, scamming him for your fake $4,000. Seems like a good trade to me. :D :D :D

hkunz
10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I guess I'm just a rube, I can't see paying that for a watch. Although, it is a nice watch if you are trying to get it for a teenaged girl. It is a ladies watch, right?

riverbound
10-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Now you guys tell me.... I sure hope someone outbids me, or Im out $4k :(

maxwedge
10-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is the point of having a 15K watch in this day and age of free, self time zone adjusting cell phones, $5 quartz accurate Timex's, and giant bank signs that also tell you the temp? To me all an expensive watch says about a person is "Hey look at me, I'm either rich or deeply in debt, but either way, I likely have a self confidece problem."

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is the point of having a 15K watch in this day and age of free, self time zone adjusting cell phones, $5 quartz accurate Timex's, and giant bank signs that also tell you the temp? To me all an expensive watch says about a person is "Hey look at me, I'm either rich or deeply in debt, but either way, I likely have a self confidece problem."
It's a mental defect I guess :D
As a collector of automatics I can say that the fascination of a mechanical piece that's 50+ years old can run like the day it was built is what interest me the most. Though I have never spent alot of money on any of my pieces I believe if I had the money to burn I would.
Here's a couple of new additions to the automatic collection.
Both Swiss ETA, Rado Left is a Voyager right Royal. The Rotating Anchor at the 12 adds to the neat~O factor. Neither one was expensive used but new Rado (http://www.rado.com/en/Collection/Original/Pages/default.aspx)watches are pretty high.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Rado.JPG
I tend to stay away from quartz watches. There's nothing special about a quartz movement.
T.

DCBDaytona
10-11-2007, 05:51 AM
This is definitely a new "SoCal" trend...Wearing big baller watches like the homies in the rap videos! Today it's all about the image. And hell, if you notice...most true wealthy guys don't where the fancy watches. :idea:

maxwedge
10-11-2007, 06:15 AM
As a collector of automatics I can say that the fascination of a mechanical piece that's 50+ years old can run like the day it was built is what interest me the most. Though I have never spent alot of money on any of my pieces I believe if I had the money to burn I would.
Both Swiss ETA, Rado Left is a Voyager right Royal. The Rotating Anchor at the 12 adds to the neat~O factor. Neither one was expensive used but new Rado (http://www.rado.com/en/Collection/Original/Pages/default.aspx)watches are pretty high.
I tend to stay away from quartz watches. There's nothing special about a quartz movement. T.
Okay, the collector fascination I can completely understand, since I have a garage full of motorcycles, Alfa Romeos and boat parts that I could have just as easily spent the money on extra mortgage payments or something.:D

GHT
10-11-2007, 06:16 AM
I tend to stay away from quartz watches. There's nothing special about a quartz movement.
T.
How do we know the watches in the pics are real? They are all blurry and
sh1t...:D :D
As for the guy posting on Ebay.. I really believe it is a scam, wouldn't trust it..:idea:

Cas
10-11-2007, 06:18 AM
my ex father in law gave me a fake Rolex that I'll let go for $4K if anyone really wants a gold watch :D

Cheap Thrills
10-11-2007, 06:27 AM
How do we know the watches in the pics are real? They are all blurry and
sh1t...:D :D
Yeah my camera sucks for microzoom pics.
Honest injun I wouldn't lie to ya :D
T.

Jordy
10-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah, you hit it right on the head. Expensive watches are stupid. :notam: :D

HocusPocus
10-11-2007, 07:09 AM
i don't even own a watch.. or any expensive jewelery for that matter. i do have a wedding ring which is just a simple gold band.

Nord
10-11-2007, 08:09 AM
A buddy of mine has a fake version of the Breitling that comes with the Bently. Even though it was a fake, it wast still like 3500. All of the diamonds are real, and it is a really nice watch. He has had it for like 3 years, and it is really pretty.

Jordy
10-11-2007, 08:13 AM
A buddy of mine has a fake version of the Breitling that comes with the Bently. Even though it was a fake, it wast still like 3500. All of the diamonds are real, and it is a really nice watch. He has had it for like 3 years, and it is really pretty.
Hey Nord,
You know how I know you're gay??? You're talking about your buddy's pretty watch. :jawdrop:
:D :D :D

OnlyMoney
10-11-2007, 08:14 AM
I was thinking that maybe he had a ring, but then he got a watch instead of the ring, and maybe now he needed to get a ring again so he was selling the watch. :idea:
:D :D :D

Jordy
10-11-2007, 08:18 AM
I was thinking that maybe he had a ring, but then he got a watch instead of the ring, and maybe now he needed to get a ring again so he was selling the watch. :idea:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40904&stc=1&d=1192119481

OnlyMoney
10-11-2007, 08:19 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40904&stc=1&d=1192119481
I don't know why you took this so personal. :confused:
The guy is from Arkansas....not Arizona. :D :D :D

Jordy
10-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't know why you took this so personal. :confused:
The guy is from Arkansas....not Arizona. :D :D :D
I don't take anything personal that happens on here. I do know where you were going though smartass... :idea: :D

OnlyMoney
10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
http://www.cleanfunny.com/pics/tweety-angel-dear-lord-prayer.jpg

Jordy
10-11-2007, 08:36 AM
http://thaislellis.blog.uol.com.br/images/angel2.jpg
Nice red-x. Dorkwad. :D

OnlyMoney
10-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I know. That's why I find HB so irritating. They never make it easy.
Oh well. It was just a picture of Tweety Bird with a halo. :D :D :D

Jordy
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh well. It was just a picture of Tweety Bird with a halo. :D :D :D
Not sure what relevance Tweety would have in this thread. I know you're not talking about you because you would have found something DCB orange to be representative of you, and you know that you have no business with a halo anyway. Next. :notam:

OnlyMoney
10-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Not sure what relevance Tweety would have in this thread. I know you're not talking about you because you would have found something DCB orange to be representative of you, and you know that you have no business with a halo anyway. Next. :notam:
I DID buy a new orange sweatshirt when we were at the SCOPE run.:)
Something about that color just makes me happy!!! :D

2Driver
10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
, , can't string a coherent sentence together and has no paperwork or anything other than a few half assed pictures.
Sounds more like a HB poster now that you mention it. :D

Jordy
10-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I DID buy a new orange sweatshirt when we were at the SCOPE run.:)
Imagine that. :notam: :rolleyes: :D
Sounds more like a HB poster now that you mention it. :D
Good point. Next thing you know he'll be over here looking for donations in a sunk the watch thread. :jawdrop: :idea: :D

Ion
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I think I might bid on it.......:eek:
http://cgi.ebay.com/15k-Breitling-watch-NO-Reserve_W0QQitemZ120168687519QQihZ002QQcategoryZ31 387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
In life, is it's too good to be true, it usually is. I'd consider reporting this guy to ebay's fraud patrol.

AZJD
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
In life, is it's too good to be true, it usually is. I'd consider reporting this guy to ebay's fraud patrol.
I know for sure it's fake. Nobody has a chronomat breitling with $3k diamond bezel and no papers.....
With all the bullshit going on with Ebay, they don't have time to police all this crap. He states right in his description that he has no papers and doesn't know it's value.
I just bought a few things on Ebay for halloween. Let me tell you, you have to be on your game when dealing with these guys. They will pull a fast one on you every chance they can.

USCFAN
10-11-2007, 10:09 AM
That watch is not 15K brand new. Maybe closer to 10K.

AZJD
10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
That watch is not 15K brand new. Maybe closer to 10K.
Not anymore......
http://cgi.ebay.com/Breitling-Chronomat-Evolution-MOP-Diamond-Bezel-Watch_W0QQitemZ270174331179QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3138 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

WYRD
10-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Its all about Image really, some people like expensive watches, others like fake hot wives:D

BOBALOO
10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
TOTAL FAKE Look at the center pin that the hands attach to, it is black. The genuine ones for this model, and most Breitlings, is a stainless/ chrome looking one. This one probably uses an automatic movement but it will be a copy.
These sell for about 350$ online.
BOB (been doing his homework) ALOO

AZJD
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
TOTAL FAKE Look at the center pin that the hands attach to, it is black. The genuine ones for this model, and most Breitlings, is a stainless/ chrome looking one. This one probably uses an automatic movement but it will be a copy.
For 3, 4 or 5 grand I have balked on buying one of these for years. I bought the same one that is in the pic above with a white face for $200 and it has been the most reliable watch I own for 4 years now.:D
As long as this thing keeps working, I will keep wearing it.

Kilrtoy
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
This is definitely a new "SoCal" trend...Wearing big baller watches like the homies in the rap videos! Today it's all about the image. And hell, if you notice...most true wealthy guys don't where the fancy watches. :idea:
Wait til I show your dad this one...
better give him back that watch he gave you...

Kilrtoy
10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
HMMM, I wonder why...
If Bobaloo says its fake, then it is

BOBALOO
10-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Wait til I show your dad this one...
better give him back that watch he gave you...
What was it a Freitling, Folex, or a Fanerai?:D
ps, did you give Edward the heads up on the guy going there to get something?:eek: :D

Kilrtoy
10-17-2007, 05:53 PM
What was it a Freitling, Folex, or a Fanerai?:D
ps, did you give Edward the heads up on the guy going there to get something?:eek: :D
No , but I need to call him back.
Asked the wife if she wanted the chrono cockpit, Said I would pick it up today, She told me NO! A new truck is in route , So she will hold off on the time piece...
I believe little red has a Tag, but we all know daddy wears the big dollar real deals

Bullmoose
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
You guys seem pretty familiar with E Bay if I'm selling and someone asks me what my reserve is should I tell him?

thatguy
10-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Is real watch I prize get boss for car fix monies. Send pay now for watch you get very compliment. Bezel shine 15K get for watch. NIIIICCE!!!!!
Give Me a break. Sounds like the guys who keep flooding My e-mail with winning lottery notices.
Tommy

thatguy
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM
You guys seem pretty familiar with E Bay if I'm selling and someone asks me what my reserve is should I tell him?
If you want to sell it to him for a set amount maybe, on the phone, but I would never post it. Still needs to pay partial on site for a rating.
I really am not a big e-bayer, I am sure others know much more than I.
Tommy

AZJD
10-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Check with noname, I think he has sold a few things on e-bay. I hear DA is next on the auction block. He has to get a few bucks in the bank before she bleeds him......:devil: :D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
What...my MIL collects thimble's.....I collect and wear nice watches, and have for over 30 years, I find it cool that I am now a trend setter...how cool!!:eek:
And I live in So Cal.