PDA

View Full Version : Songs and loved ones past.

MADDOG355
10-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Jbb's post got my mind on Skynyrd, Which brought my mind to The Last Rebel.
That song always reminds me of a old biker I met long ago when I started bouncing a local biker hang out.
Dust in the wind will always remind me of my father.
Candle in the wind will alyays remind me of a old hotrod friend of mine, Just becouse his mom had it played at his funeral.
All of which has passed years ago.
What songs remind you of your loved ones?

rivrrts429
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kv3RWqFlvJs
Reminds me of my Father in Law. No special reason besides he loved the song. He owned a trucking company and spent his life on the road. Died a few years ago. Way too young

McIntyrelocal
10-09-2007, 08:18 PM
wall flowers one head light , lost a very good freind just before high school it was playing when he died, his sisiter was driving. very traggic:(

hotsand65
Meatloaf - Two out of Three aint bad!!!!

4day!!
Had a good friend from the FD pass at a young age a few years ago. Great guy that would do anything for anybody. One of the songs they played at the funeral that still reminds me of him til this day, still gives me chills....RIP Kevin
Little River Band - Cool Change
Unrelated video but this is the song(pretty powerful i think)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdFH-Glq04c

~FM
10-09-2007, 08:20 PM
My Mom used to serenade me with Funny Face (Donna Fargo) to cheer me up so when I hear the original I think of her and what do you know it still works. :) She thought it was pretty funny I had it on my mp3 player when I was home visiting this summer. :D
I've loved the song Seasons In The Sun since it first came out ( I think I was 3) but it really took on special meaning for me when I was 12 and my best friend and her whole family died. That song will always make me think of her.

Cheap Thrills
10-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Pink Floyd ~ Learning To Fly
Reminds me of an old bro I use to fly with. We were like family.
He was on his motorcycle and an old lady pulled out in from of him. you know the rest of the story. He left behind a Wife, 4 boys and 1 girl.
Bill you'll always be with me. Fly high my brother.
T. tearin up just thinking about him

riverbound
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
send in the clowns= Grandma and grandpa, this was their song, I still tear up when I hear it
inagadavida (sp?)= My dad, I remember riding in the truck as a kid with this playing.
Bad to the bone= Uncle Danny whenever I would go to the jobsites with my Dad, I would see my unlce singing this song.

vee-driven
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
The only song i can think of right now is "beast of burden" by the stones, it was my good friend's step dad's favorite song and he would always party with us and that was his song and every time i hear it i think of all the good times we all had and about all the good friends we lost in the past few years.
rest in peace:
bob
blaise
jeff
caleb
jen
chuck
travis
thurber
ray
betsy
ryan

XtrmWakeborder
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
My Way-Sinatra reminds me of my Papa :(

Kilrtoy
10-09-2007, 10:11 PM
One song the wife and I can never get over
I believe I can fly
by Seal
the young boy was killed in Beaumont 10 years ago

DeltaSigBoater
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
For the life of me I cannot think of a single song, but I'll know then when they I hear them :(

earl-bob
10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I LOST A GOOD FRIEND ... HER NANE WAS KAT ,SHORT FOR NOTHINGG
SHE WAS SHORT , BUT SHE COULD MAKE US ALL FELL SMALL IN A HEART BEAT.................. HERES ONE FOR ALL > MY BROES, AND EVERY ONE WE LOST IKNOOW THEY WOULD WANT US TO HAVE ONE FOR THEM&&&yae
!

earl-bob
10-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Kat Died When She Was 21 ,,,, But Her And I Drank A Lot Before Then ,her Dad Is A Biker , Just Like Us We Just Dont Know When To Go Home , Sometimes Wecant Evevn Spell Home All We Know Is The Life And
I'm Sorrry
I Missed Your Plays
I'm Sorry
Imisssed Your Games

OKIE-JET
10-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Rock 'n Roll Will Never Die...OZZY.....R.I.P. Doug.:(

photo chick
10-10-2007, 05:58 AM
"Will you remember me?" Sara Mac Lachlan.... I did a tribute DVD to Craig "Flat Stupid" with this song to it. It will always make me cry now!:(

Jbb
10-10-2007, 06:15 AM
This Song! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA)

TAF
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
"Will you remember me?" Sara Mac Lachlan.... I did a tribute DVD to Craig "Flat Stupid" with this song to it. It will always make me cry now!:(
I'm starting to well up as I type. RIP Craig
"Night's in White Satin" by the Moody Blues mkaes me cry cause it reminds me of my Dad who died back in 1972.

3 daytona`s
10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Mike and the mechanics ="THE LIVING YEARS"
Eric Clapton= "My Fathers Eyes"
:(

CBadDad
10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
What a sad thread.
I have to go to a funeral tomorrow of a brother of the badge who was killed last weekend in an auto accident. Only 30 yrs old. What a tragedy.
I'm sure I'll be able to add a song to this thread tomorrow night. Just can't think of anything roght now.

phebus
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I hope I never hear another bagpiper play Amazing Grace in my life again. Always played at fellow firefighters funerals..................:(
Wind Beneath My Wings is another song that brings tears.........

Her454
10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I've loved the song Seasons In The Sun since it first came out ( I think I was 3) but it really took on special meaning for me when I was 12 and my best friend and her whole family died. That song will always make me think of her.
FM, that gave me the chills big time. Similar situation, same song. Very strange. :(
Mungo Jerry..."In the Summertime". Always reminds me of my dad, camping and him cooking breakfast.
That stupid, stupid song from the movie "Saturday Night Fever".....My Boogie Shoes..reminds me of my mom dancing around the house like she was a teenager. Makes me laugh now but I sure do miss her.
AC/DC...any song..always reminds me of high school and camping at Glamis and Buttercup. We were there religiously every weekend during dune season.

~FM
10-11-2007, 09:05 PM
FM, that gave me the chills big time. Similar situation, same song. Very strange. :(
Huh. I didn't know chills were transferable like yawns are. :eek: :idea: I'm hearing the Twilight Zone theme music in my head now - thanks, Traci. :squiggle: :wink: :D

DeltaSigBoater
10-11-2007, 09:24 PM
The Highwaymen (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson & Kris Kristofferson.) - Highwayman
Reminds me of my friend Doug who died in '04. He was a huge Cash fan, he was really upset when he learned that Johnny Cash died (9-12-2003). Must have heard that song 5 dozen times before October!
A year and 18 days later I was a pallbearer my friends fuenral :(

CBadDad
10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
What a sad thread.
I have to go to a funeral tomorrow of a brother of the badge who was killed last weekend in an auto accident. Only 30 yrs old. What a tragedy.
I'm sure I'll be able to add a song to this thread tomorrow night. Just can't think of anything roght now.
I hope I never hear another bagpiper play Amazing Grace in my life again. Always played at fellow firefighters funerals..................:(
That's it.
Also, when the Bugler plays "Taps" at the end, it's over....

Wavemaker
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Dark Side Of The Moon...(Pink Floyd). My younger brother had always told me he would die young, he also used to tell me, "I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." He died from diabetes at 36 years old. But, we partied and raised hell while he was alive! He is missed by many.

Napanutt
10-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Had to have been 74-75, I was about twelve'ish,e/b 37 just east of Sears Point,Cats in the cradle comes on,playing on the radio,my dad says something to the effect of "listen to this song and some day you'll understand what it means"...
FF to...
whenever Ugly Kid did the re-make,first time I heard it...knew exactly what he meant...

3 daytona`s
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Just sends shivers and goosebumps,so errie,and ?

Mr. C
10-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Just got chills down the spine, couldn't agree more
[QUOTE=Napanutt;2838366]Had to have been 74-75, I was about twelve'ish,e/b 37 just east of Sears Point,Cats in the cradle comes on,playing on the radio,my dad says something to the effect of "listen to this song and some day you'll understand what it means"...
QUOTE]
I know exactly what you mean, great song!