PDA

View Full Version : This is one of the best "go fast" jet boat hulls you can get!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-10-2007, 12:34 AM
This is one of the best "go fast" jet boat hulls you can get!
here she is......................
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/431337224.html

Squirtcha?
10-10-2007, 04:50 AM
That's one of the more believable ads I've seen in a while. Speed prediction sounds reasonable and everything.

Goad
10-10-2007, 06:05 AM
with that headline.....I like how theres no pictures of the hull

Squirtcha?
10-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Let's face it. The paint job ain't what's gonna sell this one.
The guy could've at least emptied it of PFDs, coolers etcetera
prior to snapping the photos.

Xerophobic
10-10-2007, 06:52 AM
"Boat ran 74mph on GPS at lake roosevelt in choppy water with four people in it"
Wow they set their sights pretty high :rolleyes:

GAWnCA
10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Let's face it. The paint job ain't what's gonna sell this one.
The guy could've at least emptied it of PFDs, coolers etcetera
prior to snapping the photos.
I've seen some of these ads where it looked like they had used the hull for the garbage can for a while and then took the pics to sell the boat. Some people just got no sense. See your email! :)

jet454boat
10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
i think i raced that guy memorail or labor day weekend, i never liked puprle but that boat looked sharp

Jordy
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
That's one of the more believable ads I've seen in a while. Speed prediction sounds reasonable and everything.
Dan, that's because it's not on ebay. :D :D :D
That's easily a 150mph ebay boat with the blower and 91 octane!!! :D

taylormanss
10-10-2007, 09:06 AM
yep

speedymopars
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Dan, that's because it's not on ebay. :D :D :D
That's easily a 150mph ebay boat with the blower and 91 octane!!! :D
no no no! 87 octane and a headwind!

squirt'nmyload
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
"Boat ran 74mph on GPS at lake roosevelt in choppy water with four people in it"
Wow they set their sights pretty high :rolleyes:
well maybe he likes to drink beer out of a can rather than ride in one :rolleyes: 74 with 4 onboard a non tunnel boat at roosevelt, with chop, sounds ok to me :confused:

beerjet
10-10-2007, 05:05 PM
My turd does 74 mph in choppy water . What a gem .
-beerjet-

76miller
10-10-2007, 09:51 PM
well maybe he likes to drink beer out of a can rather than ride in one :rolleyes: 74 with 4 onboard a non tunnel boat at roosevelt, with chop, sounds ok to me :confused:
BURN!!!!

Xerophobic
10-11-2007, 06:17 AM
74 in a boat with that much motor, chop or not, is nothing to be bragging about if you ask me, especially if thats "one of the best go fast jet boat hulls you can get".
And while we love our tin cans we certainly love beer too, in fact we got some pretty good brew up here :) You should come and try out both sometime
Cheers

Bow Tie Omega
10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
74 in a boat with that much motor, chop or not, is nothing to be bragging about if you ask me, especially if thats "one of the best go fast jet boat hulls you can get".
And while we love our tin cans we certainly love beer too, in fact we got some pretty good brew up here :) You should come and try out both sometime
Cheers
While your boats are good looking boats and fast, not everyone has the $60,000 plus to spend on a 20 foot boat. $8500 or $60,000 for 20 more mph. Personally, I would choose the $8500 and save the other $50,000 plus for a down payment on a house at the river. But that is just me;)

squirt'nmyload
10-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Cheers
just stirrin the pot :D :D..........i guess "one of the best go fast jet boat hulls" should go faster than 74 :D

Xerophobic
10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
While your boats are good looking boats and fast, not everyone has the $60,000 plus to spend on a 20 foot boat. $8500 or $60,000 for 20 more mph. Personally, I would choose the $8500 and save the other $50,000 plus for a down payment on a house at the river. But that is just me;)
While I agree our boats are not cheap they offer many advantages to justify the cost. Its also a bit of a stretch to compare a brand new $60K boat to a $8500 used boat thats 24 years old. If one of "the best go fast boats around" was designed 24 years ago I see a problem!
I don't like seeing someone use "chop" as an excuse for anything. We build our boats to take a beating and you pay for that. There is only part of the reason you see our boats hold their value far better than a glass boat.
We had a full interior, heater equipped, v bottom, windshielded lake boat do 93 mph with a 572 and it wouldn't be making any excuses in chop and thats my point. It craigslist boat may well be decent but its nothing that jumps out at me as ultra impressive by any means. 600 HP in one of our sports would be a different story
Cheers
p.s. Stir away Squirt' Im hoping someone one day will get so pissed off they will buy one of our boats to prove me "wrong" haha

Bow Tie Omega
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
While I agree our boats are not cheap they offer many advantages to justify the cost. Its also a bit of a stretch to compare a brand new $60K boat to a $8500 used boat thats 24 years old. If one of "the best go fast boats around" was designed 24 years ago I see a problem!
I don't like seeing someone use "chop" as an excuse for anything. We build our boats to take a beating and you pay for that. There is only part of the reason you see our boats hold their value far better than a glass boat.
We had a full interior, heater equipped, v bottom, windshielded lake boat do 93 mph with a 572 and it wouldn't be making any excuses in chop and thats my point. It craigslist boat may well be decent but its nothing that jumps out at me as ultra impressive by any means. 600 HP in one of our sports would be a different story
Cheers
p.s. Stir away Squirt' Im hoping someone one day will get so pissed off they will buy one of our boats to prove me "wrong" haha
I do not disagree with anything that you said. All valid points, I have told you before I like your boats. Just stating that some people do not have the funds to spend 60 grand on a boat. You stated 600 hp in one of your boats would be impressive. With that being said, somebody could spend $30,000 on paint, interior, motor and pump work with the boat posted and have a beatuiful boat that could run 100 mph with yours and still have $20,000 plus to put in the bank. Although, you would have us when running over logs and sand bars.:D You guys do build a nice boat though.

Xerophobic
10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
I do not disagree with anything that you said. All valid points, I have told you before I like your boats. Just stating that some people do not have the funds to spend 60 grand on a boat. You stated 600 hp in one of your boats would be impressive. With that being said, somebody could spend $30,000 on paint, interior, motor and pump work with the boat posted and have a beatuiful boat that could run 100 mph with yours and still have $20,000 plus to put in the bank. Although, you would have us when running over logs and sand bars.:D You guys do build a nice boat though.
True but they would still have a 24 year old boat haha
I agree some don't have the funds or desire to buy new and I wish I could say we have a bunch of used boats around but sadly the market and fact these boats last so damn long makes the used scene a little scarce. There are out there if you look tho. Not too sure I'd look for anything "quite" 24 years old in alloy tho. The styling leaves a little to be desired way back then :eek: lol
Cheers
p.s. recently had a few more fairly serious inquiries about our boats and again Im hoping one of these pans out so some of you guys down there can see first hand what our stuff will do "on your turf" so to speak
The most recent Sabre out the door.....
http://outlaweagle.com/forum/files/dscf4841r_198.jpg

boatgonewild
10-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey Mike ,,,,,, Looks like a tough crowd...:jawdrop: