PDA

View Full Version : Old Sac

454h20
02-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Whats happening DELTA CREW...I was just wandering if any of you fellas ever take the ride to Old Sac? we went a couple times last year it took about a 1.5 hrs.... theres a few no wake zones. defianetly a cool ride ..
if the Lockes arent open in Walnut grove its longer ride... learned that the hard way...

deltarat
02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I have not taken that trip yet however it is on my list for this spring/summer. Is there a hotel or something up there were you can dock and spend the night?

454h20
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
There is alot to do there plenty of eats and drinks. Nice dock which the Embassy hotel over looks. I would like to go for St Pattys day 3/17/06
then return the next day. I just hung up w/ the hotel and there is rooms left
149.00 then a $1 per foot for the doc space. This includes open bar from 5-7pm. and full breakfast omletes etc...
3/17/06 - 3/18/06

"TAKIN ADVANTAGE"
02-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes,Old Sac trip is a must if you have not done it.
Stay at the embassey suites,toss them back up on the american river &
start a fight at the CRAB SHACK every time you go (TUNNEL T).
we try to go 1-2 times a year & its a blast.
We call it the SAC & BACK run. :cool:

diggler
02-28-2006, 10:44 AM
All right, another event we can have! I've done the run and back in a day with another fella, and it was a blast. There were very few slow water zones, and you could haul ass all the way there. The only problem is that if your boat breaks, you're kind of screwed because of the lack of marinas.

deltarat
02-28-2006, 10:46 AM
All right, another event we can have! I've done the run and back in a day with another fella, and it was a blast. There were very few slow water zones, and you could haul ass all the way there. The only problem is that if your boat breaks, you're kind of screwed because of the lack of marinas.
Dude it ran on 7 cylinders all last season so why worry now? How about gas docks?

hulshot
02-28-2006, 11:12 AM
I would love to do the Sac and Back run. I have wanted to for a coulple of years. I got to get a fuel pump issue fixed first. :rolleyes:

454h20
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Its on .... rooms are booked...so far theres 3 boats are in were leaving Friday 3/17/06 around noon return sat whenever. I know of 1 gas dock for sure possibly another in Walnut Grove.
If mother nature decides to pee on the party were driving up..by sea or land were going...anyone else interested.....

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
02-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Let me know when you guys are heading to American River. I will have the cruiser beached-in with cocktails cooling. Might even have a BBQ going, another friend of mine has a bigger cruiser, he will be there also.
TIME FLYS WHEN YOUR HAVING RUM :crossx: :p :crossx: :p

acatitude
02-28-2006, 07:40 PM
hell im in for that one , heck I might leave sac and go south a ways and meet you guys and run back. sounds good duckey. ive got to get that altinator off and fixed so this weekends probably out but then we are ready. yea would be nice to hang out up the american

Cas
02-28-2006, 07:57 PM
The Old Town trip was in our plans for the Tower Park Run this coming year but it got canned due to the Bridge to Bridge is the same weekend. We were thinking of going ahead with it and try to time it so 25 or so boats would be going through just as they reopened the river for the noon time break. I think it would be a lot of fun!

acatitude
02-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Hate to miss the tower park outing Cas. hopefully next year the dates wont be set until we find out the weekends of other events. Would be cool if you guys made a run up to sac that weekend

TUNNEL T
03-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW I DIDN'T START IT ,I JUST FINISH THEM! :yuk: TUNNEL T

"TAKIN ADVANTAGE"
03-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW I DIDN'T START IT ,I JUST FINISH THEM! :yuk: TUNNEL T I'ts always good to have the BIG GUY with ya swiging the right when you have a hand full of crab & a margaritta in your hand.Its like what the """" happened ????oh ya AP'S here, :argue:
What were ya drinkin we need another :cry:

bubbletop409
03-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Careful there at the junction of the Sacramento and American rivers. Last summer I was at least 75' from shore, showing 25+ on my depth gauge, and managed to find some sort of wooden snag in that area. Folded a blade on my Bravo 4 blade, and jammed a piece of wood in the pick-up for my drive shower so hard I had to drill it out, then reverse flush from the opposite end. The Holiday Inn directly across from Old Town is also a good place to stay. Wife and I do the trip at least once a year.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Has anyone checked on the locks to see if they will be open??

454h20
03-03-2006, 10:16 AM
The lockes are closed....DAMN ...they said probably till late April or May till there open..

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
03-03-2006, 12:55 PM
454H20 so it looks like the american river saturday, my wifes boat cocktails around noon? And anybody who wants to drop by please do. The boats name is thirty something. I will have bbq going with snacks, beach umbrella up. And for all of you foo-foo boys mudslides in blender. TIME FLYS WHEN YOUR HAVING RUM BIG JOE (march 18th)

Den Isle
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
If you go up Georgiana Slough, I think you by pass the locks???
Made that trip two summers ago going up to Bridge to Bridge, a little narrow, but good water all the way and the scenery is stunning. Did not see any other boats along the way.
Much nicer ride than hitting the Sac. at three mile slough.

Den Isle
03-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Looked at a real chart, Maptech #122, the locks are off of Snodgrass Slough/Delta Cross Channel.
A trip up Georgiana Slough is the way to go!! :)
Georgiana pops in right at B&W Marina, could be a last fuel top off point if you need to.

454h20
03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Were leaving noon Friday should be in Old Sac no later then 2pm were gonna check in then go up the river for a little cruise..weve never been past Old Sac.On Sat How far up the river do we go is there any markers? We have 4 boats in for sure so far...weather says no rain and in the mid 60s...

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
03-08-2006, 01:40 PM
You cant miss AMERICAN RIVER on right about 1 mile upriver from old sac. The wife and me could meet you guys in old sac after we get off work at 5:00pm, so that puts us at discovery boat launch about 5:45. The river is really high right now, dont know if we could get under bridge at discovery. If not will dock at old sac and party like it's 1999. I dont think i will have REDNECK back together by then. If you have enough room we could jump in with you guys and head upstream to chevys,virgen sturgen, and alamar for cocktails? The wifes cruiser only goes 40mph and throws hugh wake.
TIME FLYS WHEN YOUR HAVING RUM :crossx: :p :crossx: :p

acatitude
03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
dam gotta put my junk back together this weekend or would come meet ya. maybe sunday ill have it together can you launch at discovery park yet???

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
03-08-2006, 02:56 PM
We are talking about next weekend. So get you junk together and bringit

acatitude
03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
We are talking about next weekend. So get you junk together and bringit
OK that might work they are talking about another test and tune run from orwood that weekend. guess ill play it by ear. havent been to disc park lately, is it open???

454h20
03-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Sounds cool we will be at Embassy from 5-7 for free drinks beer and wine...
Im sure I can hustle up a set of keys for you and the wife to get in on the freebies...then we can bar hop around old sac after we drink all the free stuff :)

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Free-ninty is always right price when drinking. Give me a pm with cell number then when we get off work and launch cruiser, we can call you and meet at docks.Many good bars downtown.

454h20
03-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Bro ....Im checken the 10 day forcast and its F#@! Fri 17 showers Sat 18 Scattered Showers. :cry:
we'll keep watching ...were going either way water or land...

Badburn
03-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Damn, I cant make it on the 17 or 18th, Im gonna be boating in the virgin islands!!!! Sacto is my stomping grounds, I know it better than the fish,But big joe will show you guys around. Old Sac is a good time if you can stay into the night, Wish I could make it.

454h20
03-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Are you still gonna make to Old Sac Fri were gonna do the 5-7 free drinks then bar hop around?
Ive been following the forecast we'll see what happens ...I may tow the boat up Fri. and drop in and park under the bridge till Sat... it might be sunny. If thats the case do I drop in at Discovery Park even if we're staying at the embasssy????

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
03-14-2006, 08:36 AM
454H2O Discovery park is closed, under water. I will check on broderick which is across river. The wife and me work in sac. so We will be happy to drink free green beer on friday. I have to work on saturday, so I will go light on you guys and gals friday night. What are you doing for dinner on fri. or is that to far away to think about?

454h20
03-16-2006, 09:50 AM
I sent my contact # over ....I got my drinken shoes on so Im ready.... :crossx: