PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Telemarketing

Havasu1986
10-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Yesterday was the 1st day that they can call you on your cell phone, and last night I got my 1st call.:mad: Here is the # for the National Do Not Call list.
888 382-1222. It only takes 20 seconds and lasts 5 years. :) You need to call from your cell phone also.
You can also be charged for the phone call.

Insurance God
10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I didn't know yesterday was the 1st day for telemarketing calls on your cell. I have received them a few times (even happened a couple years ago). I hate telemarketing calls & when they call on your cell, it is even worse!

Tequila-John
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I didn't know yesterday was the 1st day for telemarketing calls on your cell. I have received them a few times (even happened a couple years ago). I hate telemarketing calls & when they call on your cell, it is even worse!
i agree

Cigalert
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
you should be able to register at www.donotcall.gov

Cigalert
10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
One more thing directly from the www.donotcall.gov website.
Did you get an email claiming that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls because of a new cell phone number database? Those claims are not true. In fact, federal law prohibits telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phones. You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry, but there is generally no reason to do so. For more information, see the FTC's press release "The Truth about Cell Phones and the Do Not Call Registry".

Havasu1986
10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I re-read the e-mail I got and it said all cell numbers to be released to the telemarketers yesterday. That was a first for me. :mad:

Havasu1986
10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
One more thing directly from the www.donotcall.gov website.
Did you get an email claiming that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls because of a new cell phone number database? Those claims are not true. In fact, federal law prohibits telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phones. You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry, but there is generally no reason to do so. For more information, see the FTC's press release "The Truth about Cell Phones and the Do Not Call Registry".
How old is this statement. Because I got a sales call last night for buying music. :mad:

Miss Perfect
10-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I got a call last night on my cell but I have no idea what they were trying to sell me since it was a recording in spanish! :mad:

Cigalert
10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
How old is this statement. Because I got a sales call last night for buying music. :mad:
Here (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/02/dnccellphones.shtm) you go.

Cigalert
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
If you would like to file a complaint here (https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01) you go.

Havasu1986
10-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Here (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/02/dnccellphones.shtm) you go.
That was written over 8 months ago. It may not apply now. ;)