PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty sucks!!!!

Magic34
10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Sitting in the holding tank at Superior Court here in Downtown Phoenix.
Over 200 names called so far to go to the next step and I am so lucky to not get called and remain sitting just wasting a day. :mad:
Looks like the departure for Havasu tomorrow will be delayed until late afternoon.
The internet connection is very hit and miss so I cant even get much done on ***boat either.

Sleek-Jet
10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Looks like the departure for Havasu tomorrow will be delayed until late afternoon.
You could skip washing the boat and truck before leaving the house just this once and be on the road in the AM... :D

Magic34
10-10-2007, 12:06 PM
You could skip washing the boat and truck before leaving the house just this once and be on the road in the AM... :D
That is the plan actually. I still need to pick my boat up from the shop and it looks like I am stuck here until about 4 PM at this rate. Dont have the big truck with me either. So, I cant get the boat until about 9:30 tomorrow and it is about 40 minutes back home.
And I am trying to get the Rhino with me too, but looks like it will be a major pain. So, probably be leaving the Rhino at home this trip.

Magic34
10-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Get this shit...
So I got here at 8:15 this morning. They called about 200 names and i am not 1 of them. Told to go to lunch at 11:30, come back at 1.
At 1, the afternoon group of about 100 are checking in. I went and asked since the afternoon group is here, if the earlier group gets released.
Guess how this lovely system, the combine the names and put them in random order again. So, now my name which was for sure getting called in the next group so I can start the process of giving the BS answers that get me kicked out of here, is now groups with about 200 people and only 3 cases remain which mean that there is a 25% chance of simply sitting here until the end.
What I am trying to say is when I think I am at the top of the list, it looks like I am back in the sea of other suckers to get jury duty.
This system is focked!!!!!!

Magic34
10-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Now I want to make the jury just to send the assholes who get arrested and go to court and forcing me to be here all day. Focker is going down.
Guilty!

DeltaSigBoater
10-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I had to come home early from the lake to goto Jury Duty in August :mad:
Arrived at 8:30, Got sent to a court room at 10, called as a juror @ 11:30, answered a few questions & got dismissed all before lunch :D