PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gilman update

Sleek316
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I wonder if many of you know the name Scott Gilman. He is a professional boat racer in fact a World Champion in Formula one. His team is the Dubai team from Egypt. Anyway, he was recently racing in Japan when on the 27th lap he had to stop with chest pains. He didn't have a heart attack but he is going to have a triple bypass. If you look at the H2O boat racing magazine he is often featured. Scott is from Anahiem age 47 just thought someone may know him or wonder what ever happened to him. He used to race off road years ago.

Tom Brown
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I think he is related to (perhaps brothers with) Rick Gilman.
Sorry to hear it.

NORDIC_RIG
10-12-2007, 04:20 AM
ya saturday saddleback ! That was the best .

Shreve"T"
10-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Are these the same Gilmans that raced Off Road buggies back in the late 80" ?????

SummerBreeze
10-12-2007, 06:42 AM
I wonder if many of you know the name Scott Gilman. He is a professional boat racer in fact a World Champion in Formula one. His team is the Dubai team from Egypt. Anyway, he was recently racing in Japan when on the 27th lap he had to stop with chest pains. He didn't have a heart attack but he is going to have a triple bypass. If you look at the H2O boat racing magazine he is often featured. Scott is from Anahiem age 47 just thought someone may know him or wonder what ever happened to him. He used to race off road years ago.
I know Scott.... In fact we went to High School together. Any other info on him?

Shreve"T"
10-12-2007, 07:03 AM
I know Scott.... In fact we went to High School together. Any other info on him?
One of the Gilman brothers married into the Aldrige family who I went to School with in Ramona CA....Back in the 80"s.....:D :D :D :D I believe at that time they were racing Trophy trucks and buggies... Had a endless supply of KYB shocks Etc...........On our Lifted trucks....:D :D :D :D

THOR
10-12-2007, 07:07 AM
My brother used to work in the pits for Gilman racing. He also did so for Craig Wendt.

Squirtin Thunder
10-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Here is a link that may have some updated info soon.
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42171#post42171post42171

SummerBreeze
10-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Here is a link that may have some updated info soon.
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42171#post42171post42171
No info on Scott

KingCole
10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the info. on Scott. I did a lot of work for his dad's construction co. and got to know Scott and his brothers real well. I remember when Scott started racing sprint boats. Thru him we met the Wendt's, Greg Foster, the Seebolds, and a lot of other racers. Scott is a real good guy. I went to Parker with him one year when he raced in the Parker 9 hour. Anyone remember that race?

Sleek316
10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
If you would like to reach Scott send me a PM. My sister in law & husband are going to Dubai in December with the intention of watching Scott race. I guess they will get expert commentary. Might be nice to cheer him up.