PDA

View Full Version : Clippers fans (serious moment)

dmontzsta
02-28-2006, 01:05 PM
How do you feel about this talk? Do you like it? or not like it?
(This is from the Chicago Tribune)
1. Los Angeles Clippers: Sorry, Bulls fans. Garnett lives in Malibu and the Clippers could put together a great package. It would help them retain Sam Cassell, whom Garnett worked well with in Minnesota and can take that last shot. Watching Garnett being triple-teamed now is sad. Plus, the Clippers have what Garnett and Cassell didn't have, a center in Chris Kaman. How about Elton Brand, Corey Maggette as he returns from surgery and Shaun Livingston for perhaps Garnett and Mark Madsen, the latter to dance at the Clippers' championship rally.
Garnett was fined last night for throwing the ball in to the stands. Everyone is saying he is gone at the end of the year.
5. Los Angeles Lakers: Garnett is their rebuilding plan with Amare Stoudemire and Yao Ming having re-signed. Garnett and Kobe Bryant would be enough to be back in serious contention. Perhaps Lamar Odom, promising kid center Andrew Bynum, whomever else they may want and a No. 1 draft pick? It's not like the Lakers got that much for O'Neal. If Garnett chooses a place to go and is insistent, the Timberwolves have to get the best they can to avoid a scene. And Garnett, who some label a high-level Don Knotts-type since he is best as a supporting man in the end, badly needs a finisher to play with to have the kind of ultimate success he seeks.

a catered life
02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
what?

dmontzsta
02-28-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree, I do not think he is worth it for those 3.
Something like Odom, George and Brown/Mihm would do well. Now days, it seems to be up to the player as to where he goes.
He will end up in L.A. or N.Y. I am thinking L.A. since he has a home here.
A Laker lineup of...
Bynum - Brown/Mihm
Bryant - Parker
Garnett - Turiaf
Cook - Walton
Parker - Vujacic
This would be pretty strong and enough to get them places. They would still be a little weak off the bench, especially if they lost George.
I would see the Clippers going backwards though, if they landed Garnett for Brand, Livingston and Corey, they need to leave well enough alone and keep playing to have the best chance at a first round loss in the playoffs. :D

Jyruiz
02-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Clips give up to much in that deal, no way would they do that. The Lakers on the other hand, have to do something this offseason cause outside of Kobe, the rest of the team stinks.