PDA

View Full Version : Nobel has "Jumped the Shark"

Old Texan
10-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Picking Al Gore substantiates the Nobel has lost any real value. Choosing Al G as the Peace Prize winner ranks right up there with People Magazine's "Sexiest Man of the Year".:rolleyes:

never_fast_enuf
10-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Unfortunately, the Nobel Peace Prize has turned into a left wing political instrument. You are correct in the fact that it no longer holds the value it once did.
Jimmy Carter...Yasser Arrafat...Kofi Annan and now Owlgore.
What a shame...

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Picking Al Gore substantiates the Nobel has lost any real value. Choosing Al G as the Peace Prize winner ranks right up there with People Magazine's "Sexiest Man of the Year".:rolleyes:
An American wins the Nobel prize for the first time in many years and you have nothing better to do than to make fun this, due to your narrow minded politics.
You make me sick.

eliminatedsprinter
10-12-2007, 08:25 AM
An American wins the Nobel prize for the first time in many years and you have nothing better to do than to make fun this, due to your narrow minded politics.
You make me sick.
Give me a break.:rolleyes: What do Al Gore's Movie and his playing Chicken Little have to do with world peace? What war is he preventing and what violent conflicts is he helping to resolve? If he won a Nobel prize for something related to environmentalism, I would disagree, but it would at least make some type of sense, at some level. Giving him the Nobel Peace Prize makes absolutly no sense at all on any level. :rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Give me a break.:rolleyes: What do Al Gore's Movie and his playing Chicken Little have to do with world peace? What war is he preventing and what violent conflicts is he helping to resolve? If he won a Nobel prize for something related to environmentalism, I would disagree, but it would at least make some type of sense, at some level. Giving him the Nobel Peace Prize makes absolutly no sense at all on any level. :rolleyes:
ES your response surprised me.

eliminatedsprinter
10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
An American wins the Nobel prize for the first time in many years
What are you talking about? Americians cleaned up at the Nobel prizes just last year by taking more than half of the catigories. And he is only one of 3 Americians to earn them this year (the others were in Physiology and Medicine).

eliminatedsprinter
10-12-2007, 09:05 AM
ES your response surprised me.
Why???
What has he done to promote world peace???
Since there is no Nobel Prize for environmental activism, I really don't see how he qualifies to get a Nobel Prize at all. His work simply does not fit into any of their catigories, even if one was to conclued that it is great.

asch
10-12-2007, 09:21 AM
What an embarrassment.
If AlGoreithm is the standard now set to achieve 'nobelity', I'm afraid there are more misinformed illogical people out there than I thought.
Incidentally, did anyone see or hear him speaking regarding the 'Clinton Global Initiative' the other day? I'm paraphrasing here but something along the lines of "If we don't take measures to curb climate change NOW, it will be too late. It may take MILLIONS of years to reverse what's been done."
:mad: What the hell! This guy has his head SOOO far up his evolved ass, he thinks he knows the future? What audacity.
People have a hard enough time orienting themselves accurately to a thousand years of history let alone millons into the future. Just like GW is caused by humans is untrue, so to is putting estimates in terms of "millions" of years with regard to anything on this planet. There's no provable evidence for it to be true using any HONEST, standard system of science or perception.
Just last night I heard some report of how our moon possibly came to be....get this....an asteroid crashes into earth some "millions" of years ago, sending up an enormous dust cloud into and beyond the atmosphere eventually forming the moon. :confused: If you believe THAT, you'll believe just about anything hence Mr. AlGoreithm.
I would submit it takes MORE faith to believe in the certainty of global warming than it does to believe in the existence of a universal creator.

eliminatedsprinter
10-12-2007, 09:54 AM
ES, the Nobel commetee has awarded this to other non-peace people or issues. Very few stars in the world these days in the field of promoting peace.
Gore shares this award with the U.N. climate panel, as you no doubt know.
The prize goes to:
MUHAMMAD YUNUS and GRAMEEN BANK
for their efforts to create economic and social development from below.
The prize was awarded to:
SHIRIN EBADI
for her efforts for democracy and human rights
UNITED NATIONS, New York, NY, USA
KOFI ANNAN, United Nations Secretary General
DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS (MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES), Brussels, Belgium.
All of the examples above could be much more easily related to promoting world peace than VP Gore's "chicken little" crusade.
Jody Williams won one for her work on the world wide banning of land mines back in 1997.
We do great in all Nobel Prize catigories. The USA is only one nation, we can't win all the catigories all the time. We don't need one for Al Gore and his silly movie.
If Al Gore and the UN climate pannel was the best effort in promoting peace in the world this year, then we would most likely be in the middle of a nucular holocaust right now (if you will allow me bit of hyperbole). All over the world there are heads of state and people working in every nations State departments (or their nation's equvilant) on the actual work of diplomacy and promoting peace. This is a slap in the face (or at least a snub) to all of them.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Someome who doesn't share your political veiws wins the Nobel prize and now the prize no longer has any value. I'm done discussing this one. You guys have fun.

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 10:22 AM
You make me sick.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
It's the PEACE prize! What does his movie have to do with PEACE?????
Is it because there is no Nobel BULLSHIT prize?:rolleyes: :D :D

Old Texan
10-12-2007, 10:48 AM
You make me sick.
Poor baby.......Gonna go pout are ya?
Kinda funny you're the only one that sees it "your" way. I'd love to give credit where credit is due but Gore is all about self promotion and politrics and you don't want to face those facts.
Gore won't debate his point of view either, must be a Lib thing, eh?

Old Texan
10-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Dang Ultra, I just checked out the thread over in the Sandbar and they're kickin' around more then over here.......:D
In the spirit of Ike Clanton's line in Tombstone, " Al gore don't go around here...!!!!" :devil:

eliminatedsprinter
10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Someome who doesn't share your political veiws wins the Nobel prize and now the prize no longer has any value. I'm done discussing this one. You guys have fun.
Thats right!!!Only my views can lead to world peace. The sooner the 5,000,000,999 other folks on this planet figure that out, the soooner we can all live in harmonious bliss.......:) :D

Moneypitt
10-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I seem to recall something in the past about an out and out fraud that was awarded one of these no bell prizes. Then exposed for the fraud he really was and forced to return the prize and the money, or what was left of it...Anyone else remember anything like that?............MP

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2007, 02:55 PM
You make me sick.
You REALLY should avoid touching your keyboard untill you can back up what you want to type.
Just a SHORT list, American Nobel Prize WINNERS.
John Cromwell Mather
George Fitzgerald Smoot III
Andrew Zachary Fire
Craig Cameron Mello
Edmund Strother Phelps
Roy J Glauber
Those are just the ones from 2005 to present, PARTIAL list.
Your lack of knowledge is an embarrasment, as is your ability to admit to being wrong.
Will The Nobel Foundation revoke Gore's prize once global warming has been shown to be NON-man-made? :idea:
The idea DESERVES to be made fun of, as does Gore's behavior.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Incidentally, did anyone see or hear him speaking regarding the 'Clinton Global Initiative' the other day? I'm paraphrasing here but something along the lines of "If we don't take measures to curb climate change NOW, it will be too late. It may take MILLIONS of years to reverse what's been done.".
Al has already said that we are going to COOK the planet in the next 40 years, now, we have millions to fix the mess we make?
Al can't even keep straight what he says one week to another. Starting to look like "pathological liar" to me.
I know other people who can't seem to remember what they have said either tho. :jawdrop:
I keep having to look it up for them. :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2007, 03:04 PM
"Run Away!!! Run Away!!!! They are throwing cows over the wall!! Run Away!!!"
(the rapid clip-clop of coconut shells in the background)
Since you are done, at least that'll keep you from typing any more stupidity (unless that "wireless keyboard" still has no-mind of it's own).:idea:

redneckcharlie
10-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Now thats a first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I seem to recall something in the past about an out and out fraud that was awarded one of these no bell prizes. Then exposed for the fraud he really was and forced to return the prize and the money, or what was left of it...Anyone else remember anything like that?............MP
Never heard of it, but (unlike ultra), I'll put 20 minuites into digging it up.
Apparently (from the Nobel committee itself), a Nobel Prize cannot be revoked, so Yasir Arrafat gets to keep his just as AlGore will get to keep his.
Rigoberta Menchu was a fraud author from Guatemala, but the foundation refused to revoke hers. She put a long list of lies in her Autobiography which GOT her the prize.

Sleeper CP
10-12-2007, 03:24 PM
You mean like Carter, Arafat and Annan. All a bunch of worthless POS's.
The Nobel group is a bunch of leftest wack jobs and they have been that way for sometimes now.
I haven't seen the list for sometime, but I'm sure someone can find it on the net. The number of Nobel Peace prizes that were given out and then were proven inaccurate or flat out wrong in science and medicine.
Unfortunately, the Nobel Peace Prize has turned into a left wing political instrument. You are correct in the fact that it no longer holds the value it once did.
Jimmy Carter...Yasser Arrafat...Kofi Annan and now Owlgore.
What a shame...
Yeah, what he said :D :)

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Now thats a first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
No, it isn't charlie. He's stomped off to pout before, and will be back before the weekend is over, likely before TONIGHT is over.

redneckcharlie
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
No, it isn't charlie. He's stomped off to pout before, and will be back before the weekend is over, likely before TONIGHT is over.
Now why did you have to go and spoil it for me? :mad: :D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Sorry Charlie.
Oh, did I just type that? :jawdrop:
Too many tuna commercials I guess. :D
I'm the big "party pooper" arround here with my doses of reality.

bubbletop409
10-13-2007, 08:37 AM
AGores prize is akin to pinning a beauty queen ribbon on a pig. And let me remind everyone AGore is the person who brought us all the "universal connectivity tax" on our phone bills without being passed by congress. Oh, and I forgot, he's also the guy who invented the internet, naught. What a load, it's embarassing what our nation is becoming.

Steve 1
10-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Since when is algore an American? :confused: Truth being the "inventor" is just another worthless Lying jellyfish Democrat!

SmokinLowriderSS
10-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Alfred Nobel must be spinning in his grave.
One of the people who didn't do enough to win the award was a woman, a Pole in fact, who still lives, and is in her mid 90's.
She was nominated.
All she ever did was smuggle 2,500 jewish children out of the Warsaw Ghettos in the 1930's, hide them in convents, orphanages, or got them adopted by christian families (to hide them), she hid all the original certificates of birth and other documents in jars, so after the war all the children could be returned to their Jewish families.
She was caught by the Gestapo durring occupation (1943), jailed, beaten, beaten some more, beaten a bit more (daily pretty much), finally escaped (with help from the polish underground) and went into hiding untill WW2 ended.
Irena Sendler.
The open letter urges the Nobel prize committee “To honor a living person for heroic deeds that are by any measure the very essence of that work which must be not only emulated, but honored, in order to ensure a peaceful future for humankind. Rescuing the most vulnerable of an oppressed minority from the horror of totalitarian mass murder is the quintessence of charity and humanity.”
“She is one of the last heroes from the generation of our parents and our grandparents, who when confronted by the unparalleled evil of twentieth century totalitarianism, revealed great bravery, simple conviction, and the power of human will and intention,
Gore's trying to save the planet by pushing man back to the stone age.
All she did was save some 2,500 jewish children from certain death.
She was a gentile, not a jew by the way.

Schiada76
10-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Alfred Nobel must be spinning in his grave.
One of the people who didn't do enough to win the award was a woman, a Pole in fact, who still lives, and is in her mid 90's.
She was nominated.
All she ever did was smuggle 2,500 jewish children out of the Warsaw Ghettos in the 1930's, hide them in convents, orphanages, or got them adopted by christian families (to hide them), she hid all the original certificates of birth and other documents in jars, so after the war all the children could be returned to their Jewish families.
She was caught by the Gestapo durring occupation (1943), jailed, beaten, beaten some more, beaten a bit more (daily pretty much), finally escaped (with help from the polish underground) and went into hiding untill WW2 ended.
Irena Sendler.
The open letter urges the Nobel prize committee “To honor a living person for heroic deeds that are by any measure the very essence of that work which must be not only emulated, but honored, in order to ensure a peaceful future for humankind. Rescuing the most vulnerable of an oppressed minority from the horror of totalitarian mass murder is the quintessence of charity and humanity.”
“She is one of the last heroes from the generation of our parents and our grandparents, who when confronted by the unparalleled evil of twentieth century totalitarianism, revealed great bravery, simple conviction, and the power of human will and intention,
Gore's trying to save the planet by pushing man back to the stone age.
All she did was save some 2,500 jewish children from certain death.
She was a gentile, not a jew by the way.
God bless her! A true heroine.
Now all you have to do to win the piss prize is kill a bunch of Jewish children in a pizza parlor.:mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-14-2007, 02:51 PM
God bless her! A true heroine.
Now all you have to do to win the piss prize is kill a bunch of Jewish children in a pizza parlor.:mad:
Pretty much.
Hey, it worked for Yasir, a proven formula for success. :rolleyes:

TonkaDriver
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Too funny,
How about the fact that a British Judge issued an order to any schools that showed Al Gore's movie be required to point out and educate the pupils about the no less than 11 falsehoods and outright lies contained in "An Inconvenient Truth"
Ultra, how many carbon credits have you bought from Al?
Kurt

SmokinLowriderSS
10-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Where'd the support for "The only American in recent memory that finally beat a Pole for a Nobel Prize" go to?
Hiding from:
How about the fact that a British Judge issued an order to any schools that showed Al Gore's movie be required to point out and educate the pupils about the no less than 11 falsehoods and outright lies contained in "An Inconvenient Truth"

eliminatedsprinter
10-31-2007, 04:29 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
It's the PEACE prize! What does his movie have to do with PEACE?????
Because, once his chicken little act achieves it's economic result, no developed nations will be able to afford weapons of war......