PDA

View Full Version : Funniest I Heard

BoatFloating
10-12-2007, 06:24 AM
In court yesterday. Setup on a twin engine 300x cat is to start X dimension 3" BELOW bottom and go maximum height to even with bottom of the boat. Oh and did I mention that it was with a 14" set back.... So what do you think of that????:eek: :idea:

Jordy
10-12-2007, 06:46 AM
and should only be adjusted with a sawzall, right??? :idea:
How did it go? :)

BoatFloating
10-12-2007, 06:53 AM
and should only be adjusted with a sawzall, right??? :idea:
How did it go? :)
I think it went really well and I will have my answer from the trial in 10 days. But who doesn't think that of them self. I believe I put on a good case just ask my dad who got to see me play Perry Mason. It lasted 3 1/2 hours. Look at other thread for a eye opening statement on the witness stand. If I win or lose I'll post the transcript so all can read and make there own judgements.
It was pretty comical and once I get transcript you'll see for yourself...... I'll just say when you object to hearsay and the Judge tells them how can it be hearsay the witness is sitting right here and they're like uh........... I mean relevant I think????? Judge "OVERRULED"......

OutCole'd
10-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Good luck Rock! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

BoatFloating
10-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Good luck Rock! I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks man I think it went well and my witness was awesome. It's going to be a long 10 days and the good ole boy network scares me.

Reaper1
10-12-2007, 08:22 AM
I think it went really well and I will have my answer from the trail in 10 days.
So, do you have to go hiking in the mountains and find your verdict underneath a rock? :confused: :messedup: :squiggle:
Good luck, the Jalapeno will rise again.

BoatFloating
10-12-2007, 08:27 AM
So, do you have to go hiking in the mountains and find your verdict underneath a rock? :confused: :messedup: :squiggle:
Good luck, the Jalapeno will rise again.
Doh...... Long day yesterday Bonzai'd up to Havasu and got back at 10pm....

ChumpChange
10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Is this another lawsuit against a boatbuilder? You said view other thread, where?

BoatFloating
10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Is this another lawsuit against a boatbuilder? You said view other thread, where?
Not boat builder but a repair facility/rigging shop in Havasu Lakeland Marine. This is the other thread.

Kilrtoy
10-12-2007, 09:53 AM
He is challenged he meant the KACHINA lawsuit

Reaper1
10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Doh...... Long day yesterday Bonzai'd up to Havasu and got back at 10pm....
Not even time for cocktails at the Turtle? :)

mbrown2
10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Good luck Rock..."If the Porpoise don't fit...you must acquit!"

andy01
10-12-2007, 11:08 AM
It's good to see people go after what is right once in a while. Good luck with your battle.
Andy

BoatFloating
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Not even time for cocktails at the Turtle? :)
Yeah that sucked...
Good luck Rock..."If the Porpoise don't fit...you must acquit!"
Now that's funny...... It was classic you should seen him squirm.... Uh Mercury tells us to put them 3 inches below to max raise even... So why did you set mine up with a max of 1 1/2 below????? Uh?????Uh?????
It's good to see people go after what is right once in a while. Good luck with your battle.
Andy
Thanks man you'll all know once I do...

Charley
10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
wow...... that's interesting start 3" below? maybe in V :rolleyes:

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
wow...... that's interesting start 3" below? maybe in V :rolleyes:
Yeah I found that intresting too. Yeah it's a bunch of crap and they know it but they had to make it sound good. So now you know why my boat ran like crap in Pegged. So my advice is do your homework before you give Lakeland any of your business.
So top it off read Al Stokers Outboard Tech this month in Hot Boat.
So lets see.
Al Stoker:1" below with adjustment to 2'' above.
Lakeland: 3" below and my max adjustment with their setup was 1 1/2" below.
So during 2005 Offseason I had to have new brackets made because they cut my brackets so they wouldn't drag in the water. But had they mounted at correct height we wouldn't had a problem. I'll post pictures later and let everyone be the judge.

phebus
10-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Good luck Ironsides..............:D

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Good luck Ironsides..............:D
I stayed at a Holiday Inn before the trial. :D

Phat Matt
10-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Good luck Rock.

getreal
10-13-2007, 10:13 PM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn before the trail. :D
Rocky:
I think that only works if you stay at a "Holiday Inn Express" but what do I know; I'm in Europe this week.

BoatFloating
10-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Rocky:
I think that only works if you stay at a "Holiday Inn Express" but what do I know; I'm in Europe this week.
Roy, wish you could have been there. None of the letters including yours was admissible because they are hearsay. Reason being the other party can't question the person who wrote it. I should have my answer in 10 days. Thank god Dennis was there as he was a HUGE help. But you never know it's Havasu.

getreal
10-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Sorry I couldn't be there. I was in Italy and thought about you being in court until this girl walked up to us and (again I am sorry) but about then I really could care less. LOL. Just got back from Switzerland (not impressed), going back to Italy tomorrow for a couple days.

BoatFloating
10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Sorry I couldn't be there. I was in Italy and thought about you being in court until this girl walked up to us and (again I am sorry) but about then I really could care less. LOL. Just got back from Switzerland (not impressed), going back to Italy tomorrow for a couple days.
No worries..... I hope to have judgement by end of the month.... Let's hope it's the right judgement.

Kilrtoy
10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
No worries..... I hope to have judgement by end of the month.... Let's hope it's the right judgement.
Cause we all know you have bad judgement,
call a mofo back

BoatFloating
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Cause we all know you have bad judgement,
call a mofo back
I didn't know you wanted a call back???? I got your message. Unfortunately I couldn't use any of my letters for setup because it was considered hearsay. I had the letter from Al that got printed in the magazine but I couldn't use it.

Charley
10-15-2007, 11:22 PM
You should get 3DO to fly out and be a character witness on your behalf.... send him to the turtle for a few hrs before he shows up:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

BoatFloating
10-16-2007, 08:35 AM
You should get 3DO to fly out and be a character witness on your behalf.... send him to the turtle for a few hrs before he shows up:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
Oh he's a character alright.....:eek: Putting him at the Turtle is like a Nypth at Hedonism.....:D

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Good luck Rocky! I can just see you on the stand....lol Did you bring any character witnesses like Greg or Jeff to court. That would be worth taking a day off work to see :)

Jordy
10-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Good luck Rocky! I can just see you on the stand....lol Did you bring any character witnesses like Greg or Jeff to court. That would be worth taking a day off work to see :)
Yeah, I can see that right now:
Judge: OK Mr. Jeffy-son, I'm not telling you again. You can't have a bottle of Goose with you on the witness stand, or in my courtroom for that matter.
Jeffy: But your honor...
Judge: No means no. Either the bottle goes or I'm holding you in contempt.
Jeffy: Sorry Rock, I'll be at the Turtle. Let me know how this works out. C'mon Bling.
:D :D :D

phebus
10-16-2007, 09:07 AM
The way that thing hopped, you should have had Peter Cottontail as a witness. :eek:

BoatFloating
10-16-2007, 09:36 AM
The way that thing hopped, you should have had Peter Cottontail as a witness. :eek:
I told the judge that I should get extra money for emotional stress. I told her just to look at the Cats and Tunnels section on Hot Boat....:eek:
Judge: OK Mr. Jeffy-son, I'm not telling you again. You can't have a bottle of Goose with you on the witness stand, or in my courtroom for that matter.
Jeffy: Sorry Rock, I'll be at the Turtle. Let me know how this works out. C'mon Bling.
What you missed is when the judge said I'm holding you in contempt Jeff says
"Calm down honey there is plenty in this bottle for two, bailiff get us some Cranberry".
Thx sir..... The good news win, lose or draw is I dialed in my boat my self.....

BoatFloating
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Pictures as promised....
Brackets Delivered
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355DSC02494.JPG
After Lakeland cut them... Notice the bolt showing????:eek: And the great quality powder coating. These were 5 months old 2 months in water.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355DSC03500.JPG
Were they mounted them originally.... Notice how low... No wonder thet cut them
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355DSC02535.JPG
Then after I made new Brackets and mounted at correct height...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355New_bracketsgd.jpg
So you be the judge???
What do you think???? :idea: :jawdrop: :idea:

Dave C
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
c'mon... whats a few inches among friends.... :D ;)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I am tempted to make that a sig line. Classic post Jordy....lol

BLOWN HOWARD
10-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Did you do any research on this company before you let them have your 100K+ boat???? Maybe this was there first outboard set up. :eek: :eek:

BoatFloating
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Did you do any research on this company before you let them have your 100K+ boat???? Maybe this was there first outboard set up. :eek: :eek:
I did my homework and didn't find anything bad. But let's just say after my boat it's been down hill. There are many people now that won't use them. The old saying now applies. "I wish knew then what I know now..... They tout them self has a professional rig shop and a Mercury Racing Platinum dealer... Blah, blah...BLAH.... It's been a nightmare......

565edge
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I am very happy you took them to court. They screwed me in the start of summer. I bought a boat from a private party and picked it from them. They where doing some maintenance on it and installed a new CDI ECU for a merc 2.5 260 outboard. They where suppose to run the boat,dyno it and check the ecu to make sure it was ok. I drove from California to Lakeland to pick boat up and headed home. They told me it was complete and ready. Well after I got home i took the boat out and it wouldnt run worth a shit. After 4 lake trips and all I did was try this and that.No help to lakeland. I finally shipped this new CDI box off to Brucato and got tested and was no good.It was the third box from CDI. If they actually put this on thier scanner they would of known that. I bought a new box from brucato but I am afraid of the damage that was caused by the old box going lean after half throttle..It was going way way lean...Anyways im not done with lakeland.. Im glad you went through and did this...:) :)

BoatFloating
10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I am very happy you took them to court. They screwed me in the start of summer. I bought a boat from a private party and picked it from them. They where doing some maintenance on it and installed a new CDI ECU for a merc 2.5 260 outboard. They where suppose to run the boat,dyno it and check the ecu to make sure it was ok. I drove from California to Lakeland to pick boat up and headed home. They told me it was complete and ready. Well after I got home i took the boat out and it wouldnt run worth a shit. After 4 lake trips and all I did was try this and that.No help to lakeland. I finally shipped this new CDI box off to Brucato and got tested and was no good.It was the third box from CDI. If they actually put this on thier scanner they would of known that. I bought a new box from brucato but I am afraid of the damage that was caused by the old box going lean after half throttle..It was going way way lean...Anyways im not done with lakeland.. Im glad you went through and did this...:) :)
Another satisfied Lakeland customer..... NOT!!!!! Sounds about par for them..... I hope the judge sees it my way too....

BoatFloating
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Well the good ole boy network is still alive and well in Havasu. Took the judge a whopping 2 days to find for Lakeland......:mad: :mad: :mad: So I guess it's ok to mount motors 3" below bottom and have the boat run like crap and cut brackets. All I got was a page finding for defendant not even a reason why????:mad: :mad:
Any AZ lawyers know about appeal process in small civil 9,999 and less. I would love to move it to another court as I feel CA people can't get a fair trail.

OutCole'd
10-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Well the good ole boy network is still alive and well in Havasu. Took the judge a whopping 2 days to find for Lakeland......:mad: :mad: :mad: So I guess it's ok to mount motors 3" below bottom and have the boat run like crap and cut brackets. All I got was a page finding for defendant not even a reason why????:mad: :mad:
Any AZ lawyers know about appeal process in small civil 9,999 and less. I would love to move it to another court as I feel CA people can't get a fair trail.
Sorry to hear that Rock!:(

mbrown2
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Rock....you at least tried to prove your side...So them siding with the defendant...does that mean you still owe them or were expecting damages from them due to loss of time and remake of the brackets?

BoatFloating
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Rock....you at least tried to prove your side...So them siding with the defendant...does that mean you still owe them or were expecting damages from them due to loss of time and remake of the brackets?
No I paid for new brackets on my own. Once I knew they screwed up I didn't let them touch the new ones at all....
BS....

BoatFloating
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Rock!:(
Yeah pretty much sucks..... I had 40 pages of evidence and they had 5 and 3 of those was the original work order.... I guess since I signed work order and on work order they wrote bracket manufactured wrong I guess that makes all the difference. So you go to GM and they tell you part on car is wrong you pay and you find out part wasn't right later your screwed?????:mad:

Reaper1
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
That's too bad Rocky. Sounds like you gave it hell. You should come out next weekend and I'll buy you some Goose at the food drive.;)

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Is this the same Rocky that has a question about setting up the X dimension in the outboard tech section of Hot Boat magazine this month. :confused:

BoatFloating
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
That's too bad Rocky. Sounds like you gave it hell. You should come out next weekend and I'll buy you some Goose at the food drive.;)
I wish I need it.....
Is this the same Rocky that has a question about setting up the X dimension in the outboard tech section of Hot Boat magazine this month. :confused:
Yep same guy..... I guess I should have gone to Al Stoker from get go huh???:(
Live and learn, oh................................................ ......
and pay more for their mistake.

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
I wish I need it.....
Yep same guy..... I guess I should have gone to Al Stoker from get go huh???:(
Live and learn, oh................................................ ......
and pay more for their mistake.
Thats funny. How long did it take to get a responce. On page 117 there is a article on my boat and its name that I sent in over 5 years ago. :D

BoatFloating
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Thats funny. How long did it take to get a responce. On page 117 there is a article on my boat and its name that I sent in over 5 years ago. :D
About 1 month..... I think the outboard tech section doesn't get a lot of action. I did see you deal very cool.... Well at least you made it....:D

phebus
10-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Too bad Rock, I bet you're hopping mad. :mad:
Sorry just too easy, and I really am bummed you lost, because we all know your set-up was way off.

the_gray_goose
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Sorry just too easy, and I really am bummed you lost, because we all know your set-up was way off.
ouch!!! that was putting salt in the open wound!!!

BoatFloating
10-24-2007, 08:55 AM
ouch!!! that was putting salt in the open wound!!!
Hey D how many inches below the bottom is your X dimension..... I hope it's not above the bottom because Lakeland says that's not the way it should be. Why don't you put yours at 3" below and you tell me if you too won't be HOPPING mad:mad:
Oh you're funny.....
I'm not HOPPING mad anymore because I set it up properly and I don't have that problem anymore. Let's see 3" below the bottom HOPPING all over and max speed 78 MPH 5500 RPM. I put brackets where should be. 1" above 95 MPH and 6300 RPM's.....
You be the judge....

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey D how many inches below the bottom is your X dimension..... I hope it's not above the bottom because Lakeland says that's not the way it should be. Why don't you put yours at 3" below and you tell me if you too won't be HOPPING mad:mad:
Oh you're funny.....
I'm not HOPPING mad anymore because I set it up properly and I don't have that problem anymore. Let's see 3" below the bottom HOPPING all over and max speed 78 MPH 5500 RPM. I put brackets where should be. 1" above 95 MPH and 6300 RPM's.....
You be the judge....
glad you fixed it correctly. :) do you do Gel? LOL!!

RiverDave
10-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Pictures as promised....
Brackets Delivered
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355DSC02494.JPG
After Lakeland cut them... Notice the bolt showing????:eek: And the great quality powder coating. These were 5 months old 2 months in water.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355DSC03500.JPG
Were they mounted them originally.... Notice how low... No wonder thet cut them
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355DSC02535.JPG
Then after I made new Brackets and mounted at correct height...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/355New_bracketsgd.jpg
So you be the judge???
What do you think???? :idea: :jawdrop: :idea:
Rocky it's kinda hard to tell what's going on in the pics here.. It looks like they cut the bottom of the brackets off to mount them lower? As well with the cracked powdercoating, did Lakeland do that? Or was the powdercoat fresh from GRP? Then lakeland cut the bottom of them and never repowdered leaving an exposed area? What's going on there?
On the new brackets did you have GRP make you another set?
As well the new brackets look to be a different design then the old brackets? Are they the same setback, as well as "height" (raising lowering X?)
RD

BoatFloating
10-24-2007, 12:31 PM
glad you fixed it correctly. :) do you do Gel? LOL!!
Yep you hit any walls lately???:D
Rocky it's kinda hard to tell what's going on in the pics here.. It looks like they cut the bottom of the brackets off to mount them lower? As well with the cracked powdercoating, did Lakeland do that? Or was the powdercoat fresh from GRP? Then lakeland cut the bottom of them and never repowdered leaving an exposed area? What's going on there?
On the new brackets did you have GRP make you another set?
As well the new brackets look to be a different design then the old brackets? Are they the same setback, as well as "height" (raising lowering X?)
RD
All good questions Dave. You asked more questions then the judge did.
1.Yes Lakeland cut bottoms and the top see exposed bolt not in original. Then Lakeland re-coated. The cracking was after 5 months of being on boat and 2 months of use.
2. GRP made a new set because the other ones looked like crap after they cut them and bolt exposed.
3. They do look different cosmetically but that's it. The set back is the same and mounting holes are the same. I had to raise the brackets because I couldn't raise motors from 1 1/2" below bottom. So we removed old ones raisedup 1 hole 5" centers filled bottm holes and remonted. The lowered motor to 1" above bottom and runs and handles like a champ...
Have you ever heard of a starting point of 3" below the bottom??????

RiverDave
10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
If your asking me, then the answer would be no.. Atleast not for a Cat anyways. 3 inches seems pretty deep. My opinion is pretty irrelevant though, becuase I'm not an expert in setups of any kind with boats.. The only things I know is from what I've learned on here, read in books, and seen work in person. With a brand new hull design though (was new back then wasn't it?) that had never been rigged with O/B's I'm not sure anyone could've accurately told ya the exact spot to start.. I would've guessed Even, + 1 or maybe - 1 as a starting point and moving from there.
RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Yep you hit any walls lately???:D
All good questions Dave. You asked more questions then the judge did.
1.Yes Lakeland cut bottoms and the top see exposed bolt not in original. Then Lakeland re-coated. The cracking was after 5 months of being on boat and 2 months of use.
2. GRP made a new set because the other ones looked like crap after they cut them and bolt exposed.
3. They do look different cosmetically but that's it. The set back is the same and mounting holes are the same. I had to raise the brackets because I couldn't raise motors from 1 1/2" below bottom. So we removed old ones raisedup 1 hole 5" centers filled bottm holes and remonted. The lowered motor to 1" above bottom and runs and handles like a champ...
Have you ever heard of a starting point of 3" below the bottom??????
no we haven't taken that boat out at all. trying to keep it clean before the sale. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
damn I hate when I post something and it doesn't advance.. :)

BoatFloating
10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
If your asking me, then the answer would be no.. Atleast not for a Cat anyways. 3 inches seems pretty deep. My opinion is pretty irrelevant though, becuase I'm not an expert in setups of any kind with boats.. The only things I know is from what I've learned on here, read in books, and seen work in person. With a brand new hull design though (was new back then wasn't it?) that had never been rigged with O/B's I'm not sure anyone could've accurately told ya the exact spot to start.. I would've guessed Even, + 1 or maybe - 1 as a starting point and moving from there.
RD
Exactly even and adustment + or -. But what they did was put in center hole 3" below. so that gave me a max of 1 1/2" below or 4 1/2" below. Bottom line they didn't give me any testing adjustment period....

BoatFloating
10-27-2007, 01:00 PM
no we haven't taken that boat out at all. trying to keep it clean before the sale. :)
What selling it already?????? You kill me

RiverDave
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Exactly even and adustment + or -. But what they did was put in center hole 3" below. so that gave me a max of 1 1/2" above or 4 1/2" below. Bottom line they didn't give me any testing adjustment period....
Well I wouldn't say that.. They gave you testing adjustment for a less then usefull test. ;)
RD

BoatFloating
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Well I wouldn't say that.. They gave you testing adjustment for a less then usefull test. ;)
RD
I guess your right...... I didn't put down correct adjustment. I said 1 1/2" above should of said 1 1/2" below. That was the whole problem I couldn't get to even or bottom of the boat without moving brackets up.