PDA

View Full Version : filling your own nitrous tanks???

IMPATIENT 1
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
need some advise and help building a system to charge my bottles. i got the "big" tank of nitrous in this mornin but have no clue where to pick up the hose/valve/filter set-up. i was told i didn't need the pump, so where do i get the set-up without pump??? how much nitrous can i get outta the big tank without a pump? and do the race only nitrous big tanks have the tube for picking up the liquid nitrous or do i need to invert it?? the bottle says race only.thanx tom e.
a friend got me a nice hook-up on the big tanks, 75 for the yr lease , 100 for the fill!!!! so when i run this tank out, its only another 100bucks for the next tank full, i'm stokkkkkkeeeddd:)

STV_Keith
10-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Check your cell voice mail. :)

IMPATIENT 1
10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Check your cell voice mail. :)
cell is dead on the charger:rolleyes: time for a battery i guess:mad: again:mad:

adjones419
10-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Damn, that seems cheap!

Badburn
10-13-2007, 07:55 AM
I have been filling my own bottles for years. You do not need a pump. All you need is another bottle nut for the big Cylinder(Im assuming its a 64 LB bottle). The big bottle should say (Siphon) or (Siphon tube) on the side of it. If it does, then you do not need to invert it. Put your small bottle in the freezer for about an hour, then connect them together with a spare nitrous hose, -4 works fine. With the small bottle on a scale, simply open the small bottle all the way, and use the vavle on the large bottle to regulate flow until the small one weighs out full. Its super easy.
Sometimes you have to freesze the small one twice, depending on the temperature outside, and the amount of nitrous in the big cylinder.
You will get about 85% of the nitrous out of the big bottle, then the pressure is too low in the bottle and it changes from liquid to gas. I have tried to use a friends pump to get more out, i got about 1 more pound out with the pump.
Where the heck did you get a big bottle for 100 bucks? Its nearly $200 here in Sacramento.

IMPATIENT 1
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I have been filling my own bottles for years. You do not need a pump. All you need is another bottle nut for the big Cylinder(Im assuming its a 64 LB bottle). The big bottle should say (Siphon) or (Siphon tube) on the side of it. If it does, then you do not need to invert it. Put your small bottle in the freezer for about an hour, then connect them together with a spare nitrous hose, -4 works fine. With the small bottle on a scale, simply open the small bottle all the way, and use the vavle on the large bottle to regulate flow until the small one weighs out full. Its super easy.
Sometimes you have to freesze the small one twice, depending on the temperature outside, and the amount of nitrous in the big cylinder.
You will get about 85% of the nitrous out of the big bottle, then the pressure is too low in the bottle and it changes from liquid to gas. I have tried to use a friends pump to get more out, i got about 1 more pound out with the pump.
Where the heck did you get a big bottle for 100 bucks? Its nearly $200 here in Sacramento.
a buddy of mine owns a machine shop that builds pallet machines. he goes thru @2k a month of gases and he came by needing a compressor for his newer truck thurs.. he was outta warranty so i hooked him up, done the 800 buck job for free;) we got to talking about nitrous, he said he can get it, he calls and they told him 200 for the fill, 67tank rental. he tells them who he is and how much he spends there, they tell him 100 for the fill then:D so i get it at welding supply store cost or right there at it:D :D :D they told me when they delivered it, to call em when i went thru that tank and they'd bring another within 2days for a 100.00 bucks:)