PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to AL GORE!!!!

Baja Big Dog
10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
He was awarded the fricken Nobel Peace Prise!!!
I guess that shows the state of "PEACE" in the world today!!!
What a crock of shit!!!!:mad:

Ziggy
10-12-2007, 08:05 AM
He was awarded the fricken Nobel Peace Prise!!!
I guess that shows the state of "PEACE" in the world today!!!
What a crock of shit!!!!:mad:More than a crock.......:rolleyes:

Jyruiz
10-12-2007, 08:07 AM
All because of his movie with half truths and a bunch of lies.

Jerrys59
10-12-2007, 08:08 AM
If Gore and Jimmy Carter can win it, its got to be a joke!

Sleeper CP
10-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah , what he said.:D
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Kilrtoy
10-12-2007, 08:11 AM
You guys are being a little hard! I mean afterall He did invent the internet your bitching on.:eek: :eek:

Arkansas
10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
The liberal media will eat their own if given a chance. You watch, even CNN will start condeming this guy, now that he has reached the pinnacle..and rightly so. I might have some respect for the guy if he acutally practiced what he preached.

Baja Big Dog
10-12-2007, 08:17 AM
He would have been there for the award, but he couldn't find a battery powered airplane, but you can bet he will drive his fossil fuel car to the bank to cash the 1.5 million dollar check!!, that he is giving to the tree huggers!!!
I wonder if he can write that contribution off????:confused:

boatsnblondes
10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Alfred Nobel would turn over in his grave if he knew these two assclowns owned one of his prizes.....just too bad.....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40975&stc=1&d=1192208239

Moneypitt
10-12-2007, 09:01 AM
A no bell prize for science fiction??............

Dan Lorenze
10-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Al blows................. I wish he would just go away....

SummerBreeze
10-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Al Gore is an "ass wipe"

PaPaG
10-12-2007, 09:24 AM
This is yet another joke....wow we have seen how bad Carter is especially after he won his, I am waiting for Gore to start his rhetoric or should I say ramp his rhetoric up now that he thinks he is special.....what an idiot the both of them are.....:devil: :mad:

beaverretriever
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Everyone...... Man the Hybrids!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Moneypitt
10-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Seems this mental giant is succeeding with this hype, see the thread about custom boat engines being banned in the very near future............MP

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Well hell they had to give him the peace prize.
There's no Nobel Prize for BULL SHIT!:D

rodnjen
10-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Not quite sure what all the anger is about. It seems that people just can't help but take cheap shots at people that are smarter or at subjects that are beyond their understanding.
Apperantly humility and respect are lost virtues, at least on the boards anyway.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Not quite sure what all the anger is about. It seems that people just can't help but take cheap shots at people that are smarter or at subjects that are beyond their understanding.
Apperantly humility and respect are lost virtues, at least on the boards anyway.
It amazes me. An American wins the Nobel prize and he is labeled a piece of sh*t.

Moneypitt
10-12-2007, 10:42 AM
It amazes me. An American wins the Nobel prize and he is labeled a piece of sh*t.
His winning the no bell prize has nothing to do with the general feeling he is a piece of shit. Most of us thought that before now. His entire the "sky is falling" hype is pure 100% politically motivated bull shit.......MP

Moneypitt
10-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Respect for someone that clearly has no clue?....Everything he thinks, writes, makes movies about, and makes money from is so far beyond his understanding it is sickening to degrade this once "Nobel" award to his level. So, how many "carbon credits" have you bought from him??........Oh yeah, do you own a boat?......Thank him and the morons that follow his direction for the EPA shutting down your leisure time choices.......The anger stems from the sheep that follow him and his "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.... Truly a sad day for a once valued prize........MP

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
This makes you a highly qualified candidate!

rodnjen
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
This makes you a highly qualified candidate!
"Respect for someone that clearly has no clue?....Everything he thinks, writes, makes movies about, and makes money from is so far beyond his understanding it is sickening to degrade this once "Nobel" award to his level. So, how many "carbon credits" have you bought from him??........Oh yeah, do you own a boat?......Thank him and the morons that follow his direction for the EPA shutting down your leisure time choices.......The anger stems from the sheep that follow him and his "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.... Truly a sad day for a once valued prize........MP"
Those are exactly the kind of responses I'm talking about. You don't have to like him, you certainly don't have to agree with him but he has accompished more in his life than most people can begin to imagine and he is far brighter than the "right" gives him credit for.
And yes, I do own a boat.

beaverretriever
10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey why all the hatred... He is just as good as some of the other presidential candidates that have won it. Teddy Roosevelt for example. All he did was make a bunch of National Parks and drew up the 1905 peace treaty between Russia and Japan.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That is a joke by the way for those of you who didn't get it... Al Gore is not even close to the same league as Mr. Roosevelt.:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey why all the hatred... He is just as good as some of the other presidents that have won it. Teddy Roosevelt for example. All he did was make a bunch of National Parks and drew up the 1905 peace treaty between Russia and Japan.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That is a joke by the way for those of you who didn't get it... Al Gore is not even close to the same league as Mr. Roosevelt.:D
He also was never president. And thanks for clarifying :D

rodnjen
10-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Dear ----,
I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. This award is even more meaningful because I have the honor of sharing it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change--the world's pre-eminent scientific body devoted to improving our understanding of the climate crisis--a group whose members have worked tirelessly and selflessly for many years. We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift global consciousness to a higher level.
My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 percent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organization that is devoted to changing public opinion in the U.S. and around the world about the urgency of solving the climate crisis.
Thank you,
Al Gore

Shreve"T"
10-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Al Gore is GAY...:D :D :D :D

beaverretriever
10-12-2007, 11:44 AM
He also was never president. And thanks for clarifying :D
LOL, yeah, I caught that, I meant candidates (fixed btw)....... Thank god he was never president... :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
If George Bush would have been awarded this prize for his efforts in the Mid-East, we would be hearing nothing but praise from the Hot Boat gang.
Gore is a Democrat, the primary reason for the HB bashing.

voodoomedman
10-12-2007, 12:47 PM
If George Bush would have been awarded this prize for his efforts in the Mid-East, we would be hearing nothing but praise from the Hot Boat gang.
I don't normally get into these discussions and while HB can be a mob sometimes I think you are wrong. The issue here is Peace. Whether you agree with Gores stuff or not how does environmental stuff have anything to do with Peace? Even if you are a bush supporter then how does going to war warrant a Peace prize? Yes people are throwing in the rhetoric about their feelings of Gore but speaking out against and "doing things" to prevent global warming has nothing to do with peace.

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but he does have his own PRIVATE JET!:D

SB
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Can't believe Gore won a peace prize, where was the war? Even leftists wonder why he won for making a movie of himself giving a speech.
BTW, most of the hysterical left has quietly backed away from his claims about sea levels rising what was it? 10'-20', meaning they are more like 1'-2', if the 0.75 degree warming dealio actually holds up. :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't normally get into these discussions and while HB can be a mob sometimes I think you are wrong. The issue here is Peace. Whether you agree with Gores stuff or not how does environmental stuff have anything to do with Peace? Even if you are a bush supporter then how does going to war warrant a Peace prize? Yes people are throwing in the rhetoric about their feelings of Gore but speaking out against and "doing things" to prevent global warming has nothing to do with peace.
I understand the peace issue completely. Gore won the award. If inappropriate, then the folks here shouldn't be Bashing Gore, they should be Bashing the Nobel committee.
All because of his movie with half truths and a bunch of lies.
The liberal media will eat their own if given a chance. You watch, even CNN will start condeming this guy, now that he has reached the pinnacle..and rightly so. I might have some respect for the guy if he acutally practiced what he preached.
He would have been there for the award, but he couldn't find a battery powered airplane, but you can bet he will drive his fossil fuel car to the bank to cash the 1.5 million dollar check!!, that he is giving to the tree huggers!!!
I wonder if he can write that contribution off????:confused:
Alfred Nobel would turn over in his grave if he knew these two assclowns owned one of his prizes.....just too bad.....
Al blows................. I wish he would just go away....
Al Gore is an "ass wipe"
This is yet another joke....wow we have seen how bad Carter is especially after he won his, I am waiting for Gore to start his rhetoric or should I say ramp his rhetoric up now that he thinks he is special.....what an idiot the both of them are.....:devil: :mad:
Seems this mental giant is succeeding with this hype, see the thread about custom boat engines being banned in the very near future............MP
Well hell they had to give him the peace prize.
There's no Nobel Prize for BULL SHIT!:D
His winning the no bell prize has nothing to do with the general feeling he is a piece of shit. Most of us thought that before now. His entire the "sky is falling" hype is pure 100% politically motivated bull shit.......MP
Can't believe Gore won a peace prize, where was the war? Even leftists wonder why he won for making a movie of himself giving a speech.
BTW, most of the hysterical left has quietly backed away from his claims about sea levels rising what was it? 10'-20', meaning they are more like 1'-2', if the 0.75 degree warming dealio actually holds up. :D
What do the above comments have to do with peace or the Nobel committee.

voodoomedman
10-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I understand the peace issue completely. Gore won the award. If inappropriate, then the folks here shouldn't be Bashing Gore, they should be Bashing the Nobel committee.
True.
However, I do feel that if there were a thread started simply stating that someone does not like what Gore has done and had some intellect to it that you still would go in there and say something about it. Albeit, you do seem to keep calm and respectful if nobody starts it first but I get the feeling that you are going to back up anything that has to do with the Democrat party. Yes I do fall more in line with the Republican parties views but that is just because of the number of things I agree with and disagree with about the Democratic party. However, if the right candidate to finally lead this country out the the shitdrain it is going down was a Democrat I would be first in line to vote for him. I do not like Gore. Yes he is a Democrat and in jest I will make Democrat jokes but I do not like him for his personal agenda and the whole bs with his movie and stuff. You are right though Nobel was wrong for giving him the prize. He is an idiot but not for getting the prize. If someone gave me 1.5 million I would only be an idiot if I didn't take it.

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
If someone gave me 1.5 million I would only be an idiot if I didn't take it.
Al Gore sells Carbon Credits to UPS!!!
:D

voodoomedman
10-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Al Gore sells Carbon Credits to UPS!!!
:D
The portion I own of UPS is equal to about 1 bolt holding a Boeing 767 together. My Class A's basically let me vote who they recommend I vote to let make all the decisions.

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
The portion I own of UPS is equal to about 1 bolt holding a Boeing 767 together. My Class A's basically let me vote who they recommend I vote to let make all the decisions.
Strangely enough, that made sense. :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
True.
However, I do feel that if there were a thread started simply stating that someone does not like what Gore has done and had some intellect to it that you still would go in there and say something about it. Albeit, you do seem to keep calm and respectful if nobody starts it first but I get the feeling that you are going to back up anything that has to do with the Democrat party. Yes I do fall more in line with the Republican parties views but that is just because of the number of things I agree with and disagree with about the Democratic party. However, if the right candidate to finally lead this country out the the shitdrain it is going down was a Democrat I would be first in line to vote for him. I do not like Gore. Yes he is a Democrat and in jest I will make Democrat jokes but I do not like him for his personal agenda and the whole bs with his movie and stuff. You are right though Nobel was wrong for giving him the prize. He is an idiot but not for getting the prize. If someone gave me 1.5 million I would only be an idiot if I didn't take it.
We have some very similar thoughts. I don't like many of the views of either party, and I will vote for the person who I believe will best lead the Country, party doesn't matter. I think I've been hanging out in the Political Forum too much recently. :) :)

Moneypitt
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
No. That has nothing to do with calling a bullshitter a bullshitter. ......The award has gone in the toilet, I could care less who gets any of them in the future.........MP

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
We have some very similar thoughts. I don't like many of the views of either party, and I will vote for the person who I believe will best lead the Country, party doesn't matter. I think I've been hanging out in the Political Forum too much recently. :) :)
Everyone else thinks you have been too. :)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
No. That has nothing to do with calling a bullshitter a bullshitter. ......The award has gone in the toilet, I could care less who gets any of them in the future.........MP
Makes sense.
Everyone else thinks you have been too. :)
Ya think :confused:
I forgot the PRF was reserved for intellectual Republicans or bright Bush supporters. Two oxymorons. (only joking) :D :D

Old Texan
10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I think I've been hanging out in the Political Forum too much recently. :) :)
Just wait until next week when we discuss if Alfred E. Neuman is involved with writing Ms. Clinton's fiscal strategies. :devil:

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Just wait until next week when we discuss if Alfred E. Neuman is involved with writing Ms. Clinton's fiscal strategies. :devil:
What, me worry? :D

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
No you idiot he was labeled a piece of shit when he took office.:D :D

Cole91
10-12-2007, 01:52 PM
"Respect for someone that clearly has no clue?....Everything he thinks, writes, makes movies about, and makes money from is so far beyond his understanding it is sickening to degrade this once "Nobel" award to his level. So, how many "carbon credits" have you bought from him??........Oh yeah, do you own a boat?......Thank him and the morons that follow his direction for the EPA shutting down your leisure time choices.......The anger stems from the sheep that follow him and his "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.... Truly a sad day for a once valued prize........MP"
Those are exactly the kind of responses I'm talking about. You don't have to like him, you certainly don't have to agree with him but he has accompished more in his life than most people can begin to imagine and he is far brighter than the "right" gives him credit for.
Are you sure your from Orange County?

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:55 PM
10 to 1 he works in some form of Government job. :D

beaverretriever
10-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Yup, tons of time flying around in his ever so efficient Private Jet. But wait he'll just offset its pollution by buying Carbon Credits from HIS OWN COMPANY...... :rolleyes:
While atmospheric carbon dioxide has increased by 28 percent over the past 150 years, human-generated carbon dioxide could have played only a small part in any warming, since most of the warming occurred prior to 1940 - before most human-caused carbon dioxide emissions.
Basically these facts ruin everything that Gore is trying to brainwash people with.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Tex I heard that she has retained Mad and AEN to manage the remainder of her campaign
No you idiot he was labeled a piece of shit when he took office.:D :D
For you Schiada
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/46695/2/istockphoto_46695_the_finger.jpg
:D:D
10 to 1 he works in some form of Government job. :D
I'll take that bet. Put me down for, let's see, a grand.

Baja Big Dog
10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
What anger do you talk about? No anger, just facts, this is a joke, and if you dont se it as that, yor more than likley gonna vote for Hilary, and with that I wish you good luck.
This ass is not worth any anger, and us assclowns on the forum just get a good laugh out of this ass.:D

Baja Big Dog
10-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Dear ----,
I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. This award is even more meaningful because I have the honor of sharing it with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change--the world's pre-eminent scientific body devoted to improving our understanding of the climate crisis--a group whose members have worked tirelessly and selflessly for many years. We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift global consciousness to a higher level.
My wife, Tipper, and I will donate 100 percent of the proceeds of the award to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a bipartisan non-profit organization that is devoted to changing public opinion in the U.S. and around the world about the urgency of solving the climate crisis.
Thank you,
Al Gore
Oh and Mr accountant...please make sure that you use this for a write off!!!!

PaPaG
10-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Agreed, when he goes and spews his Ride a Bike, Walk, Take the bus attitude when he has 3 (that I know of) HUGE Mansions using up more than 20x the norm in energy EACH when he is not even there and he flies around in a private jet every few days as proven and reported....Talk the talk but can't walk the walk Gore......

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Tex I heard that she has retained Mad and AEN to manage the remainder of her campaign
For you Schiada
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/46695/2/istockphoto_46695_the_finger.jpg
:D:D
I'll take that bet. Put me down for, let's see, a grand.
Jesus Chirst man where do you stick your fist on the weekends? You need to wash.:eek: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :D

boatsnblondes
10-12-2007, 02:40 PM
He was a piece of sh!t before he got the prize, now the Nobel prize is a joke...thanks, liberals, for polluting (yet) another good thing...:mad:

PaPaG
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
He was a piece of sh!t before he got the prize, now the Nobel prize is a joke...thanks, liberals, for polluting another good thing...:mad:
It was a joke even when Carter won it way back when... I think they are going to give it to Rosie next year or Penn.. lol would not surprise me..:eek:

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Hell they gave it to Yessir Arabfart for killing Jews, WTF kind of Peace prize is that?:rolleyes:
They also gave it to Jiminy Catuh for letting the Iranians ream him in the ass for 444 days witout squealing.
If wonder if the Algore is as queer as Arabfart was? :idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Jesus Chirst man where do you stick your fist on the weekends? You need to wash.:eek: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :D
You really don't me to give you the answer you deserve, do you?

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
You really don't me to give you the answer you deserve, do you?
Sure give it your best shot, don't piss your boyfriend off though.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Sure give it your best shot, don't piss your boyfriend off though.:D
That's OK buddy, I don't your mom to get pissed off :D :D

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
That's OK buddy, I don't your mom to get pissed off :D :D
Well hell if you're infering that you've been banging around with an 86 year old women in a nursing home she won't mind the rumors.:jawdrop: :D

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 03:21 PM
So Ultra, just how do you rate an "Peace award" that's been given to a queer aids ridden Arab for killing Jews, an anti American Ex President who has been rated as the worst President in our history and received the award for letting Iran fawk him in the ass and the United Nations which has presided over genocide after genocide since it's inception and done nothing?
Doesn't seem like much of an Honor does it?
It's really nothing more than a liberal I Hate America award.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Well hell if you're infering that you've been banging around with an 86 year old women in a nursing home she won't mind the rumors.:jawdrop: :D
Me???
So Ultra, just how do you rate an "Peace award" that's been given to a queer aids ridden Arab for killing Jews, an anti American Ex President who has been rated as the worst President in our history and received the award for letting Iran fawk him in the ass and the United Nations which has presided over genocide after genocide since it's inception and done nothing?
Doesn't seem like much of an Honor does it?
It's really nothing more than a liberal I Hate America award.
Most here haven't been bashing the award the have been bashing the winner. I really meant when I said if Bush had received this prize, this thread would be a multi page praise.
But I guess any excuse to bash a lib is OK.
Sushi tonight?

bordsmnj
10-12-2007, 03:27 PM
and what is it exactly he's "accomplished"? for the country?
i can't think of anything. maybe some one could bring me up to speed on why he deserves this honor? just curious.

Schiada76
10-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Me???
Most here haven't been bashing the award the have been bashing the winner. I really meant when I said if Bush had received this prize, this thread would be a multi page praise.
But I guess any excuse to bash a lib is OK.
Sushi tonight?
No Ultra we bash the Algore because he's a lying hypocrite and a complete asshat. Hell the fcktard said he didn't know Buddhist monks were bribing him because he had to pee when they were doleing out the bribe.:rolleyes: His movie has been proven to be full of lies and you've been informed of many of them in the PF, even you know he's full of shit.:D
No Sushi:( I'm going straight to the martini's and a cigar.:D
Have a good weekend.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
No Ultra we bash the Algore because he's a lying hypocrite and a complete asshat. Hell the fcktard said he didn't know Buddhist monks were bribing him because he had to pee when they were doleing out the bribe.:rolleyes: His movie has been proven to be full of lies and you've been informed of many of them in the PF, even you know he's full of shit.:D
No Sushi:( I'm going straight to the martini's and a cigar.:D
Have a good weekend.
You too dude

Freak
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Good grief...Al gore does not "do" science so it is not "his" science to reproduce. He educates people about global warming citing studies done by scientists.
Gravity also has yet to be universally proven, but just like the concept that global warming is caused by humans, it is support by every major group of scientists in the US, and I believe most other industrialized countries.
So many people keep saying "the verdict is still out" on Global Warming, yet I've not seen any scientific studies that supports this. Everything I read is about how nearly every scientific group around the globe has come to the same conclusion.
I'm not saying scientists always get it right. Not at all.
However, to deny there is a scientific consensus seems flatly wrong. There was much debate about this 15 or even 10 years ago, but it seems like the world has moved on.
Please, ANYONE out there, give us a link to a reputable I REPEAT REPUTABLE...(not some junk like Steve1 like to throw up thinking no one checks :sleeping: - and I will check) scientific institute or journal that has concluded that GW is inconclusive. This is not an arrogant challenge. I really want to see the other side of the story, but so far, I've not seen that side presented. I will go so far to say there is no such thing. The goal of the climate deniers is not to prove or disprove anything or establish a "reputable scientific institute". It is to derail any conversation about global warming anywhere on the internet. If it's not business as usual...it sucks...:rolleyes:
Would I vote for him....NO - and Hillary scares the crap outta me.
I like Ron Paul.
Do I think the carbon credits deal will turn into a money making scam. yes
Sooo....flame on....:rolleyes:

Freak
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Good grief...Al gore does not "do" science so it is not "his" science to reproduce. He educates people about global warming citing studies done by scientists.
Gravity also has yet to be universally proven, but just like the concept that global warming is caused by humans, it is support by every major group of scientists in the US, and I believe most other industrialized countries.
So many people keep saying "the verdict is still out" on Global Warming, yet I've not seen any scientific studies that supports this. Everything I read is about how nearly every scientific group around the globe has come to the same conclusion.
I'm not saying scientists always get it right. Not at all.
However, to deny there is a scientific consensus seems flatly wrong. There was much debate about this 15 or even 10 years ago, but it seems like the world has moved on.
Please, ANYONE out there, give us a link to a reputable I REPEAT REPUTABLE...(not some junk like Steve1 like to throw up thinking no one checks :sleeping: - and I will check) scientific institute or journal that has concluded that GW is inconclusive. This is not an arrogant challenge. I really want to see the other side of the story, but so far, I've not seen that side presented. I will go so far to say there is no such thing. The goal of the climate deniers is not to prove or disprove anything or establish a "reputable scientific institute". It is to derail any conversation about global warming anywhere on the internet. If it's not business as usual...it sucks...:rolleyes:
Would I vote for him....NO - and Hillary scares the crap outta me.
I like Ron Paul.
Do I think the carbon credits deal will turn into a money making scam. yes
Sooo....flame on....:rolleyes:

rodnjen
10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Ya, I know, I get that a alot.

CA Stu
10-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, we should have given it to Hitler!
Thanks
CA Stu

Crossbow_CA
10-13-2007, 12:07 AM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1931/global4pl7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1848/global6yr5.gif (http://imageshack.us)
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8765/onemorestudyft1.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Maybe if it were readily available we could convert our engines to running methanol. Indy cars run it, must work pretty well. I don't see how anyone can deny global warming is happening. Getting a peace prize for a video on it, well it has been given for worse things. But if it brings the issue further into the Global light I'll back it. I will also continue to pay the price to run my Big Block engine on fossil fuels until an alternative fuel is made readily available. Call it what you will but thats how I roll.

Freak
10-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Gore didn't "win" anything, the awards were handed to him.
Somehow the meme has been spread that "Al Gore said..." that man CAUSED Climate Change...JUST LIKE the urban legend of AL Gore saying he created the internet.....that is not true! He too believes that Climate Change is a natural cycle... but he also believes and has scientific proof that mankind has pushed this natural cycle along...has helped it to come about faster than before... which is going to make it difficult to adapt to...for not just man but for all living creatures... And so what if it IS a natural cycle!? Does that mean we shouldn't be aware of it? Prepare and adapt to it?
"Global Warming has yet to be universally proven by science to be caused by industrial activity."
_repeat_ to sink in..
That is the repeated mantra of the Climate Change deniers...And it is a lie....Gore has NEVER made the claim that industrial activity "caused" Global Warming.... what he and others HAVE said is that human activity has added to a natural phenomenon.... has made it worse and happen faster - thus making it harder to adapt to...for every living creature on the Planet....
Besides, we all know that polution is not good for the Earth OR humankind...AND we all know what is coming by depleting our resources...so why is what Gore advocates a bad thing, eh? Seems like pure common sense to me....
Yeah, global warming is happening. The most debated point is whether it's human caused or not.
You can't think of any reason why dumping millions of tons of pollution of all sorts into the atmosphere could possibly have any bad effects?
Few leaders are perfect. Hell, few people are perfect. Just because Al Gore believes in the magic of the green marketplace and equates carbon offsets with papal dispensations doesn't mean his opinions on global climate change lack validity. It simple means that his ideology colors his beliefs, and he can only see up to a certain point.
Lets see you live as the vice president for nearly a decade, and then go outside of the spectrum to get your point across, win a grammy and a nobel peace prize, and do it all living on ramen noodles. If you wanna make a big change you are gonna have to spend some big change. The ends justify the means and that doesn't make him a hypocrite.
If there is a 10% chance that Global Warming is a detriment to the planet and a 1% chance that the result is the extinction of ALL high level mammals then we need to do some very serious SOUL SEARCHING. Will our descendants (should they exist) say "what a bunch of F__Up assholes our grandparents were, hell we have to live in world where ___________________!" The degree of imbecility with regards to nature and closed systems is mind-boggling. /Rantoff

redneckcharlie
10-14-2007, 06:54 AM
I find it very ironic that Al Gores conviction on global warming is directly tied to his push of carbon credits. Those carbon credits are directly tied to his wallet. The man does absolutely nothing to practice what he preaches, and benefits financially from his stance on the global warming arguement. Its very hard to give anybody any credibility with that type of mo.

Schiada76
10-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Somehow the meme has been spread that "Al Gore said..." that man CAUSED Climate Change...JUST LIKE the urban legend of AL Gore saying he created the internet.....that is not true! He too believes that Climate Change is a natural cycle... but he also believes and has scientific proof that mankind has pushed this natural cycle along...has helped it to come about faster than before... which is going to make it difficult to adapt to...for not just man but for all living creatures... And so what if it IS a natural cycle!? Does that mean we shouldn't be aware of it? Prepare and adapt to it?
"Global Warming has yet to be universally proven by science to be caused by industrial activity."
_repeat_ to sink in..
That is the repeated mantra of the Climate Change deniers...And it is a lie....Gore has NEVER made the claim that industrial activity "caused" Global Warming.... what he and others HAVE said is that human activity has added to a natural phenomenon.... has made it worse and happen faster - thus making it harder to adapt to...for every living creature on the Planet....
Besides, we all know that polution is not good for the Earth OR humankind...AND we all know what is coming by depleting our resources...so why is what Gore advocates a bad thing, eh? Seems like pure common sense to me....
Yeah, global warming is happening. The most debated point is whether it's human caused or not.
You can't think of any reason why dumping millions of tons of pollution of all sorts into the atmosphere could possibly have any bad effects?
Few leaders are perfect. Hell, few people are perfect. Just because Al Gore believes in the magic of the green marketplace and equates carbon offsets with papal dispensations doesn't mean his opinions on global climate change lack validity. It simple means that his ideology colors his beliefs, and he can only see up to a certain point.
Lets see you live as the vice president for nearly a decade, and then go outside of the spectrum to get your point across, win a grammy and a nobel peace prize, and do it all living on ramen noodles. If you wanna make a big change you are gonna have to spend some big change. The ends justify the means and that doesn't make him a hypocrite.
If there is a 10% chance that Global Warming is a detriment to the planet and a 1% chance that the result is the extinction of ALL high level mammals then we need to do some very serious SOUL SEARCHING. Will our descendants (should they exist) say "what a bunch of F__Up assholes our grandparents were, hell we have to live in world where ___________________!" The degree of imbecility with regards to nature and closed systems is mind-boggling. /Rantoff
Nonsense
The Algore was VP for 8 years and did ZERO about global warming.
The earth has been much hotter in the past and will be much colder in the future.

Wicky
10-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Good, now go hug a tree!! And yes, I bet your boat is a hybrid!!

Baja Big Dog
10-14-2007, 10:13 AM
_repeat_ to sink in..
WOW, thanks for clearing that up, and yes it did SINK in. I am now a firm Al Gore supporter, you know with all that served and vice president and shit, and yes all his accomplishments, man that guy is a savior.
Come on, what has he done, he kissed the Clintons ass, he supported the piece of shit when he was caught banging the HO, and he supported him when he was on live TV telling the world, he didnt bang the bitch, yea what a legacy.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 11:37 AM
If it comes from a Democrat, it's bad, a lie, or a scheme to take money from conservatives. :confused: :confused:
Don't ya just love the HB mentality.

Troy McClure
10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Please, ANYONE out there, give us a link to a reputable I REPEAT REPUTABLE...(not some junk like Steve1 like to throw up thinking no one checks :sleeping: - and I will check) scientific institute or journal that has concluded that GW is inconclusive.
How about the National Academy of Scientists....
The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) included climate change in its assessment of major questions in need of more research, noting, “The climates of the earth have always been changing, and they will doubtless continue to do so in the future. How large these future changes will be, and where and how rapidly they will occur, we do not know.”
Oh, yea...that was written in 1975 in response to the upcoming "Ice Age" that everyone was worried about.
That, as well as many other's can be found here:
http://www.globalwarming.org/research
Edit: I edited to also note that the other two Nobel prizes awarded in the sciences were NAS members. Gore, I guess I should note, is NOT a member of NAS.

redneckcharlie
10-14-2007, 12:35 PM
If it comes from a Democrat, it's bad, a lie, or a scheme to take money from conservatives. :confused: :confused:
Don't ya just love the HB mentality.
How do you defend a man that pushes an agenda that directly benefits him financially? You should really come up with a better arguement than the whole democrat republican nonsense. Believe it or not, some people actually base their decisions to not like someone on that persons real world actions.;)

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 01:30 PM
How about the National Academy of Scientists....
The National Academy of Sciences (NAS) included climate change in its assessment of major questions in need of more research, noting, “The climates of the earth have always been changing, and they will doubtless continue to do so in the future. How large these future changes will be, and where and how rapidly they will occur, we do not know.”
Oh, yea...that was written in 1975 in response to the upcoming "Ice Age" that everyone was worried about.
That, as well as many other's can be found here:
http://www.globalwarming.org/research
The UK Court decision determined that there must be a warning to given to school kids that there might be some misstatements and political bias in Gore's movie. It wasn't banned.
There is a 2 hour video that oopses the science of mans affect on climate that IMO, that should be shown in school as well. Let the school kids draw their own conclusion based on all available information.
How do you defend a man that pushes an agenda that directly benefits him financially? You should really come up with a better arguement than the whole democrat republican nonsense. Believe it or not, some people actually base their decisions to not like someone on that persons real world actions.;)
IMO. right or wrong, Gore believes in this cause. Apparently, most of the world powers are now supporting the climate change issue, including the current Republican administration.
Last I heard, Gore is worth $100,000,000. I don't think the man needs any more money. Also, if you cared to research the issue of Gore's 10,000 sg ft home, you would learn that the majority of the energy used in this home comes from solar and wind power.
It's true that people do make decisions not to like someone based on something other than politics, however, many such dissuasions are, in fact, politically driven. Your suggestion to the contrary, is false. :)

Troy McClure
10-14-2007, 02:09 PM
The UK Court decision determined that there must be a warning to given to school kids that there might be some misstatements and political bias in Gore's movie. It wasn't banned.
There is a 2 hour video that oopses the science of mans affect on climate that IMO, that should be shown in school as well. Let the school kids draw their own conclusion based on all available information.
Although the first article in the link that I posted does link to an article about the UK Courts decision it was not what I was referring to.
Freak asked for a link to a reputable scientific institute that claims global warming is inconclusive. I provided a quote from the NAS that did just that. The link provided the source of the quote, although not directly.
Also, since you brought it up, the fact that a movie was not banned does not make the movie true. The movie War of the Worlds has not been banned in either the US or the UK, however, that does not make it true.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Although the first article in the link that I posted does link to an article about the UK Courts decision it was not what I was referring to.
Freak asked for a link to a reputable scientific institute that claims global warming is inconclusive. I provided a quote from the NAS that did just that. The link provided the source of the quote, although not directly.
Also, since you brought it up, the fact that a movie was not banned does not make the movie true. The movie War of the Worlds has not been banned, IN SCHOOLS, in either the US or the UK, however, that does not make it true.
As I suggested, if schools are going to show movies as teaching aids, both movies should be shown. Have you seen either? They are both very well done. I will see if I can find the link to the 2 hour video that is in opposition to Gore and post it.
Most folks that I have written back and forth to on HB, who claim Gore's movie is BS, haven't even seen it. Imgine that. :confused:

redneckcharlie
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=ULTRA26 # 1;2840413]The UK Court decision determined that there must be a warning to given to school kids that there might be some misstatements and political bias in Gore's movie. It wasn't banned.
IMO. right or wrong, Gore believes in this cause. Apparently, most of the world powers are now supporting the climate change issue, including the current Republican administration.
Last I heard, Gore is worth $100,000,000. I don't think the man needs any more money. Also, if you cared to research the issue of Gore's 10,000 sg ft home, you would learn that the majority of the energy used in this home comes from solar and wind power.
It's true that people do make decisions not to like someone based on something other than politics, however, many such dissuasions are, in fact, politically driven. Your suggestion to the contrary, is false. :)[/QUOTE
First off, someones current financial situation has absolutely nothing to do with their aspirations for further financial gain. There is no disputing that his position on "global warming" furthers his financial gain. As for examing the way he powers his house, your contentions are completely false. I have set up more than a few homes that are "off the grid". If your not sure what that is(not insinuating that your dumb), that is the total non use of power supplied by a municipality(private, public, or co-op). For him to say he uses solar to supply his home, he would most likely need a system that is in the 12-15 kilowatt size. That is taking into account the actual amount of sunlight that the Tenn. valley gets on a normal basis. Many of the homes I've set up run 4kilowatt systems, and have a hard time not using back up power(generator). Those homes average between 2500-3000 square feet. All of this is completely pointless from my point of view. The man does not practice what he preaches in any shape or form. That is the bottom line for me. Should people be more conscience, absolutely. People would most likely be more inclined to get behind the conservation and such, if the representatives weren't so intrenched in personal financial gain. Just my 02.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
First off, someones current financial situation has absolutely nothing to do with their aspirations for further financial gain. There is no disputing that his position on "global warming" furthers his financial gain. As for examing the way he powers his house, your contentions are completely false. I have set up more than a few homes that are "off the grid". If your not sure what that is(not insinuating that your dumb), that is the total non use of power supplied by a municipality(private, public, or co-op). For him to say he uses solar to supply his home, he would most likely need a system that is in the 12-15 kilowatt size. That is taking into account the actual amount of sunlight that the Tenn. valley gets on a normal basis. Many of the homes I've set up run 4kilowatt systems, and have a hard time not using back up power(generator). Those homes average between 2500-3000 square feet. All of this is completely pointless from my point of view. The man does not practice what he preaches in any shape or form. That is the bottom line for me. Should people be more conscience, absolutely. People would most likely be more inclined to get behind the conservation and such, if the representatives weren't so intrenched in personal financial gain. Just my 02.
Please do a little research about the Gore house. It's quite a bit different than an the Off-Grid houses you describe. Again, I see Gore as believing in what he talks about. Thought I heard the he donated the mil and a half prize money. BTW, Gore is not at the top of my list of favorite people, as just don't see him like you do.
Have you seen his movie?

redneckcharlie
10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Please do a little research about the Gore house. It's quite a bit different than an the Off-Grid houses you describe. Again, I see Gore as believing in what he talks about. Thought I heard the he donated the mil and a half prize money. BTW, Gore is not at the top of my list of favorite people, as just don't see him like you do.
Have you seen his movie?
Actually, I have read the rebuttle articles about his useage and his home. Not alot of reality in it, sorry. If he is doing any type of solar, he is using something that is similar to what I am talking about. His systems will consist of solar cells, batteries, etc. No, I haven't seen his movie. Don't plan to. I put him in the same class as Michael Moore, and don't have any desire to watch his stuff either. I don't choose to spend my time watching things I know are intentionally slanted and biased.

talkinghead
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
The UK Judge also said that Gore's documentary was "broadly accurate" and also found that Gore's film "is substantially founded upon scientific research and fact,"...and that is a direct quote.

redneckcharlie
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
The UK Judge also said that Gore's documentary was "broadly accurate" and also found that Gore's film "is substantially founded upon scientific research and fact,"...and that is a direct quote.
:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Actually, I have read the rebuttle articles about his useage and his home. Not alot of reality in it, sorry. If he is doing any type of solar, he is using something that is similar to what I am talking about. His systems will consist of solar cells, batteries, etc. No, I haven't seen his movie. Don't plan to. I put him in the same class as Michael Moore, and don't have any desire to watch his stuff either. I don't choose to spend my time watching things I know are intentionally slanted and biased.
You say Gore and his movie are full of sh*t, yet you haven't seen it. Is that one of the real world, based on the facts, decisions your refereed to? :confused:

redneckcharlie
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
You say Gore and his movie are full of sh*t, yet you haven't seen it. Is that one of the real world, based on the facts, decisions your refereed to? :confused:
I don't need to go verify the Holocaust to know the "president" of Iran is "full of shit" either. :rolleyes:

mike37
10-14-2007, 06:32 PM
AL Gore did not win the peace prize
he was part of a panel that won it
and so far global warming is a fact
but it is way up in the air if we have anything to do with it
the majority of scientist think its part of the planets natural cycle of warming and cooling

Troy McClure
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Please do a little research about the Gore house. It's quite a bit different than an the Off-Grid houses you describe.
Per your suggestion, I just did a QUICK query on Gore's house. Ironically, It compared it to Bush's home in Tx.
Here is a link, to Snopes, btw.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp
Don't know if snopes has a political agenda or not..but their reputation would be on line if they did, I would think.

Troy McClure
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I think that the biggest problem that most (at least I) have with Gore is that he is just such a hypocrite.
I would have much more respect for someone who practiced what they preached. Look at Ed Begley. That crazy mo fo is so into the environment that he has an exercise bike that powers his microwave....(just kidding, don't really know but something like that) My point is, the guy true believes in what he preaches AND lives it...Gore should take lessons from him.

Troy McClure
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I find it very ironic that Al Gores conviction on global warming is directly tied to his push of carbon credits. Those carbon credits are directly tied to his wallet. The man does absolutely nothing to practice what he preaches, and benefits financially from his stance on the global warming arguement. Its very hard to give anybody any credibility with that type of mo.
DING DING DING, we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!