PDA

View Full Version : Stock Gas Tanks Or One Cylinder Tank?

78 WHITE/ORANGE ROGERS
10-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Alright im lookin for some help and a majority vote! I wanna make my hull as light as possible should i toss the stock tanks and go with one cyinder tank behind the front seats or keep the stock tanks?

n8dawg
10-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Alright im lookin for some help and a majority vote! I wanna make my hull as light as possible should i toss the stock tanks and go with one cyinder tank behind the front seats or keep the stock tanks?
Is this a drag boat or a river boat? I would keep the stock tanks, maybe go with the polished aluminum tanks for a lighter wieght, and when you go out to the river fill one with 91 octane and the other 110 race gas. So then you could still cruise the river and then when you want to run 'em well there you go!:idea:

Devilman
10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Just depends on how serious a river racer you want that thing to be.
If all your going to do is unload the boat & hang out waitin to race people, by all means, ditch them & go with a small single tank.
If you ever plan to cruise it around any kind of distance, you'll be wanting more capacity. All last weekend I heard my buddies with the hotrod boats going on & on about not having the extra fuel to run around on once we got to where all the racing was supposed to take place, lol.
My opinion: keep the stock tanks. Ain't no law says you have to fill them up, if you're trying to save weight....