PDA

View Full Version : Dip Stick Help

BigDaddy
08-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Hey Yall I need some help getting a DiP stick for mY 455 Olds
is it the same as a BB Chevy or is it different
I need one real Bad
I welded it off flush with the block by grounding it with the starter buy the Header pulling it back and arking it against the Starter.
needless to say I need one and cant seem to find one.
if any one can help please inform me on what to do or not to do.
I do have a 12 quart Oil pan if that matters.

Jordy
08-20-2002, 10:15 PM
BD,
If your motor is full of oil right now, or at whatever level you usually run at, you should be able to find some kind of a universal dipstick and just scribe the full line on it at the level the oil hits right now. If nothing else a speed shop should have some kind of universal do it yourself kind of dipstick and tube.
Jordan :D

spectra75
08-20-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey Bigdaddy, You can get an original Olds dipstick from Joe Mondello. They're cheap. Give him a call at 800-252-2527.

bchbum
08-21-2002, 08:35 PM
When I had my olds jet I broke mine off too . Went to my local olds car dealership , They carried them just for us jetters . cost me about $6.00

BigDaddy
08-21-2002, 09:51 PM
bchbum:
When I had my olds jet I broke mine off too . Went to my local olds car dealership , They carried them just for us jetters . cost me about $6.00Kewl Thaks Guys I was going to make one myself but wanted to keep it Olds as much as I can.
I will try to call one and see about getting one if not will call mondelo.
Keep it wet BIGDADDY

malcolm
08-22-2002, 06:52 AM
I bought a chrome dipstick for $9 at a local swap meet. I've seen them on ebay too. Now if I could find a chrome oil filler neck for a 455. The closest I've found is a nickel one from Mondello.