PDA

View Full Version : Off to Australia

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I am heading down on Sunday for the Champ Car race on the Gold Coast at Surfers Paradise. I will post pics when I return. :D

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I am heading down on Sunday for the Champ Car race on the Gold Coast at Surfers Paradise. I will post pics when I return. :D
I'll be there TOO!
I am staying at the Royal Pines Resort.
Are you going to the Indy/Undie Ball?

dimarcobros
10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
You sure do live the dream don't you?
DMB

riverbound
10-12-2007, 11:37 AM
you want a trophy or a medal???
Im going to be partying on your dock! :D

burbanite
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Been there many a time myself. What takes the both of you to this race?

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 12:46 PM
I was going to drive, but they canceled the "FAT GUY 500". :D
I am going there for a Pipeline Conference. My friends have tickets to the Race and the Ball. I am there as their guest.

Mrs.Racer277
10-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I am going there for a Pipeline Conference. My friends have tickets to the Race and the Ball. I am there as their guest.
You call that working? :D :D

burbanite
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a deal.
Well, you and the other 400,000 people should have a great time, it is certainly party central...:)
I worked at the race many times, won it in 1998. The locals like to fight so watch your back especially at night down by the mall, lots of all night clubs.
Check out some of the apartment buildings that have party's going on, you will see them from the street, often there will be a "show" being performed on the balcony. It is not unusual for people to rent these places for the week and to have "hired help" take care of the catering and bar...:D

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
You call that working? :D :D
HEY, look everyone, it's Mrs. KETTLE!!!
:D

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a deal.
Well, you and the other 400,000 people should have a great time, it is certainly party central...:)
I worked at the race many times, won it in 1998. The locals like to fight so watch your back especially at night down by the mall, lots of all night clubs.
Check out some of the apartment buildings that have party's going on, you will see them from the street, often there will be a "show" being performed on the balcony. It is not unusual for people to rent these places for the week and to have "hired help" take care of the catering and bar...:D
I go to OZ twice a year. I fricken love it down there.
Please don't worry about me fighting. I wear my "I know Tom Brown" T-Shirt and people know not to mess with me.

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
They also know not to stand directly behind you.
You catch on fast, grasshopper.

mrs.rvrluvr
10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Have fun! It's a beautiful place and the people are wonderful.

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I'll be there TOO!
I am staying at the Royal Pines Resort.
Are you going to the Indy/Undie Ball?
I don't know. I will find out on Wednesday when my buddies get in from Sydney. He has the floor of an appartment building rented out. Where is the Insy/Undie ball? I will talk to them and see.
When are you leaving? Are you flying into Brisbane or Sydney?

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
You sure do live the dream don't you?
DMB
Doin it while I can Shep...doin it while I can.

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I have a lot of friends there and try to head down at least every other year for some event. Was at Indy 2 years ago and had a blast so i figured I had to do it again.

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a deal.
That's how my buddies have their deal set up. 2 years ago I walked into their appartment and the first thing I saw was 2 blondes standign there in g strings asking me if I needed a drink....uh...yes.:D

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't know. I will find out on Wednesday when my buddies get in from Sydney. He has the floor of an appartment building rented out. Where is the Insy/Undie ball? I will talk to them and see.
When are you leaving? Are you flying into Brisbane or Sydney?
LAX to Sidney then to Brisbane. I leave on Tuesday. I am only there for a week, home for two weeks then I go back in November for another three weeks.
There is Falafel house in "Surfers", great food but, don't ask them if they have PORK. :D

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I wear my "I know Tom Brown" T-Shirt and people know not to mess with me.[/QUOTE]
That's funny I wear RD Sux shirt and I don't have to buy a drink all week. :D

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
LAX to Sidney then to Brisbane. I leave on Tuesday. I am only there for a week, home for two weeks then I go back in November for another three weeks.
There is Falafel house in "Surfers", great food but, don't ask them if they have PORK. :D
I leave Sunday and do the same flight. Get into Surfers of Tuiesday around noon...from then on it's going to be flat out. plates up :D
I wish I could stay longer but have been taking too much time off this year. I just got back from Panama 3 weeks ago.

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:34 PM
That's funny I wear RD Sux shirt and I don't have to buy a drink all week. :D
I am the ONLY vendor in our group so, I buy all the drinks. :( Aussie customer can drink free "piss"!

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I am the ONLY vendor in our group so, I buy all the drinks. :( Aussie customer can drink free "piss"!
I'll be "on the piss" all week.
Are you a Vodka drinker? If so try Vodka lemon squash.

Racey
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
You son of a bitch! Have fun, and bring back some VB!!

River Lynchmob
10-12-2007, 01:56 PM
You son of a bitch! Have fun, and bring back some VB!!
I'll have lots of fun i'll try and bring some back but I will be drinking Crownies

OGShocker
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll be "on the piss" all week.
Are you a Vodka drinker? If so try Vodka lemon squash.
Call my Hotel and ask for the "Drunk American". I am sure they will know who to connect you to. :D Have a GREAT time!!!

burbanite
10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
That's how my buddies have their deal set up. 2 years ago I walked into their appartment and the first thing I saw was 2 blondes standign there in g strings asking me if I needed a drink....uh...yes.:D
:D One of the highlights of our days was the walk back to our hotel during the evenings. We would walk along the track and by that time the partys were in full swing...such friendly young ladies and not a shy one amongst them...;)
I first went in '92 and will unfortunately miss it this year. Have fun guys and send reports...:)