PDA

View Full Version : I Walk The Line

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:08 PM
This may have already been posted, but how many have seen the Johnny Cash movie? What did you think about it? I grew up listening to him, still listen to him and LOVED the movie.
There was an article in todays Sacramento Bee that Joaquin Phoenix is going to Folsom Prison as they are going to have a special showing for the inmates because of the 1968 performance there. I couldn't believe the performance by Phoenix and Reece Witherspoon! It was incredible that they sang in the movie.

maxwedge
12-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Saw it last weekend. Great movie! Never been a huge Cash fan before. Got dragged to the movie, but I've been jamming greatest hits in the truck all week since. Let your wife of GF drag you to this one. It really is a great story. :)

Kim Hanson
12-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Traci, it's god dam country music! I grew up listening to my Dads shiat also, just went 180 with it now though.....I like make your ears bleed shiat, someday I will listen to Country....On a freeeway with my window open and some country bumkin is thinking he is cool and all that shit, playing it :p ........( . )( . )......Merry Christmas, Hot Stuff :D :D

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Traci, it's god dam country music! I grew up listening to my Dads shiat also, just went 180 with it now though.....I like make your ears bleed shiat, someday I will listen to Country....On a freeeway with my window open and some country bumkin is thinking he is cool and all that shit, playing it :p ........( . )( . )......Merry Christmas, Hot Stuff :D :D
Merry Christmas Kim.....

Tom Brown
12-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Merry Christmas Kim.....
Be honest... you don't have a clue wtf he just said... do you?
Merry Christmas, Kim. :cool:

Jbb
12-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Kim walks the line....right before they slap the cuffs on him ...and Impound his truck..... :p

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Be honest... you don't have a clue wtf he just said... do you?
Merry Christmas, Kim. :cool:
ROTFLMAO, you read right through my loss for words didn't you. :rollside:

Tom Brown
12-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Kim walks the line....right before they slap the cuffs on him ...and Impound his truck..... :p
lmfao! :D
Sorry Kim. I hate to fraternize with Brian after he talked Party Cat into banning you from RRL but that was kind of funny. :cool:

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:28 PM
I thought Kims wife lost the truck gambling? :rollside:

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
You guys quit Jack'n my Johnny thread. :rolleyes: :rollside:

Tom Brown
Oh no! Not again!
Sorry, Kim. I didn't know. :(

Havasu_Dreamin
Have not seen it yet but want to. I heard that both Phoenix and Witherspoon did all of their own singing.

Sleek-Jet
12-22-2005, 12:34 PM
perverts... :220v: :220v:

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:37 PM
perverts... :220v: :220v:
It was just a matter of time before someone jumped on that............ :rollside:

maxwedge
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I thought it was Jack N Diane. But I also thought that was a John Cougar Mellancamp song too. Or is your husband's name Jonny? I thought this was a thread about that new movie. Man I was misinformed. :D

Her454
12-22-2005, 12:57 PM
I thought it was Jack N Diane. But I also thought that was a John Cougar Mellancamp song too. Or is your husband's name Jonny? I thought this was a thread about that new movie. Man I was misinformed. :D
1. No, its Jack'n Johnny
2. Yes, Jack N Diane is Mellencamp
3. No, its Mr Her454
4. It is.
5. Refer back to #3 and yes you are.

MAINEVENT
12-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Killer movie i really liked it but i thought the ending was kinda abrupt (sp?) but definately a "buy" movie

Kim Hanson
12-22-2005, 01:21 PM
ROTFLMAO, you read right through my loss for words didn't you. :rollside:
That hurt my feelings ya know Traci, I hope you get coal for Christmas girl..........( . )( . )........ :p :D

Kim Hanson
12-22-2005, 01:23 PM
lmfao! :D
Sorry Kim. I hate to fraternize with Brian after he talked Party Cat into banning you from RRL but that was kind of funny. :cool:
New years Resolution, hound Brian as much as possible...........( . )( . )...... :p

Kim Hanson
12-22-2005, 01:24 PM
She did..........( . )( . )........... :cry:

Phat Daddy
12-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Growing up, my mom used to always listen to Cash. I always liked his music but never really thought of it as country. I loved the movie, I've seen it twice already. Oh course I had to take my mom on a date, she loved it too.

FMluvswater
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
This may have already been posted, but how many have seen the Johnny Cash movie? What did you think about it? I grew up listening to him, still listen to him and LOVED the movie.
There was an article in todays Sacramento Bee that Joaquin Phoenix is going to Folsom Prison as they are going to have a special showing for the inmates because of the 1968 performance there. I couldn't believe the performance by Phoenix and Reece Witherspoon! It was incredible that they sang in the movie.
I finally watched it and I thoroughly enjoyed it too. :smile: Great acting, great singing. :cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm dying to see it. I heard that Joaquin's performance is great, but that Reese's was over the top. Hopefully I'll get to see it before it's out of the theaters.
FYI, channel 10 on XM plays the live version of Folsom Prison Blues from the prison every so often.