PDA

View Full Version : 10 yrs ago today John Denver crashed

Mr. C
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
in his experimental plane off the coast of Monterey Ca.
Well my wife is/was a huge fan. So many of his songs used to parallel her life.
I know today is still a tough day for her so i stopped and pick up a card and some flowers. Well when i get home she's watching a J.D. dvd and in tears(happy for memories sad for not having him around any more).
When i met her 20 something years ago she made me go to one of his concerts ( i was not reaslly to sure about this) turns out it was a really good time.(and i knew all the songs:jawdrop: ) We had backstage passes and all that stuff, got some pictures with him and actually had some one on one time with him as well. We went to see him everytime he was in town and he made sure he came up and asked how are things with you guys and hope all is good kinda stuff. Seemed to be a pretty decent down to earth guy.
Anyway, i guess i was just wondering if any of you old timers out there can relate to my wife. I know it's kind of like admitting you're a Neil Diamond fan :D but i thought I'd asked.
And yes I'm waiting for the FAG comments:D :D

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, times flies.

Mr. C
10-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, times flies.
Hey Rich, how you been?
It sure does, when I walked in she was watching his song called "They were flying for me". A song about the space shuttle Challenger, Kinda hit home, we were on the ski lifts in Mammoth when we heard about. Talk about a taking the wind out of your sails.
Oh by the way how' the job going?

RitcheyRch
10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Been good. The new job is good. Definitely interesting work and something have never worked on before.
Hey Rich, how you been?
It sure does, when I walked in she was watching his song called "They were flying for me". A song about the space shuttle Challenger, Kinda hit home, we were on the ski lifts in Mammoth when we heard about. Talk about a taking the wind out of your sails.
Oh by the way how' the job going?

Flyinbowtie
10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I guess I was about 12-14 years old when, "Rocky Mountain High" hit the radio. The tune made me a fan.
His version of, "Country Roads" is my favorite.

Daddy_G
10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
My dad was a "country boy" from Nebraska and so I too grew up on John Denver. All through the years he remained one of my favorites. I saw him once with my wife (who also grew up with a dad who loved JD) at the Cerritos performing arts center. As I recall the concert, I still get goose bumps. He was a class act, great singer/song writer and even a decent actor (Oh God!).
We all miss him greatly and sing along with him in so many CDs.
In fact my all time favorite song is "Summer".
Tip: Download this one to your I-pod, get out on the water at dawn and crank it up!
Silently the morning mist is lying on the water
Captive moonlight waiting for the dawn
Softly like a babys breath a breeze begins to whisper
The sun is coming, quick you must be gone
Smiling like a superstar the morning comes in singing
The promise of another sunny day
And all the flowers open up to gather in the sunshine
I do believe that summers here to stay
And oh I love the life within me
I feel part of everything I see
And oh I love the life around me
A part of everything is here in me
Riding on the tapestry of all there is to see
So many ways and oh so many things
Rejoicing in the differences, thers no one just like me
Yet as different as we are were still the same
And oh I love the life within me
I feel part of everything I see
And oh I love the life around me
A part of everything is here in me

bignet
10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok.....I'll say it.....this thread is frickin GAY!:jawdrop:
move on...
:devil:
bignet

3 daytona`s
10-12-2007, 09:48 PM
move on...
bignet
In Your Opinion?:confused:

Kilrtoy
10-12-2007, 11:14 PM
WOW, time flies, I have his greatest hits and am sad I never saw him live

Crossbow_CA
10-13-2007, 12:32 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=877963392702020873&q=john+denver&total=2377&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
The suit, the haircut:eek: But the music, my father "made" me listen to him when I was a kid. RIP John Denver You wont be forgotten

maxwedge
10-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Lesson here is to make sure you know how the fuel tank selector works in your airplane,and that it's functioning properly before you fly. Very sad.

thatguy
10-13-2007, 07:04 AM
move on...
bignet
Fock off, dude.
I am a Godsmack, Disturbed, Sabbath, Zepplin loving kind of guy. BUT I was raised on John Denver also. Met him one time, for about 15 seconds. One of those kind of people who just make you smile. He had no known vice.
RIP JD.
Tommy

SummerBreeze
10-13-2007, 07:05 AM
This thread might be a little gay but we all know the songs

Eliminator 4 Life
10-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Wow, times flies.
I was just gonna say that. I cant believe its been 10 years already.

RitcheyRch
10-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Time seems to go faster as wel get older thats for sure.
I was just gonna say that. I cant believe its been 10 years already.

lawbreaker2
10-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Yup, My mom has every record he made, and still play them on that there player, I grew up with his tunes, as well as all the hair bands in my teens, buy never for got where I came from, I have a few of his CD's and play them every now and then, Just to chill, I was about 9 years old when me and my dad went to Aspen,CO skiing, when we were fluing out, I was play his song "Rocky mountain high" in my head looking out the window as the sun set over the Rocky's, and said to my self, I will live out here someday. R.I.P JD.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm a big fan. I think my favorite song is "Grandma's Feather Bed." It's just such a fun song, but "Country Roads" always takes me back to my childhood growing up in rural Oregon. It was a good place to grow up. :)

Mr. C
10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm a big fan. I think my favorite song is "Grandma's Feather Bed." It's just such a fun song, but "Country Roads" always takes me back to my childhood growing up in rural Oregon. It was a good place to grow up. :)
"Home Grown Tomotoes" is another fun one the kids like both those songs