PDA

View Full Version : Essex

gabe79
10-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I seen an essex aleandria 29'. Twin stock 6.2 engines. What kind of speed is he getting with those two. I already left a message waiting on a call back.

gabe79
10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
:confused:

DeltaSigBoater
10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I take it this is the boat? (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/2/90324922.htm)
Here's the performance part of a rewiew that ***boat did. My take is that it's from 1999-2001. I'm thinking you are going to get about the same speed with Twin 6.2s, as you would with a single big block.
The chosen power source for this Alandra was a single MerCruiser 500HP (carbureted, 470 pshp, 502 cubic inches) with a stock Bravo 1.5:1 drive unit. The propeller was also an out-of-the-box MerCruiser Bravo engine package was a 7.4 MPI MerCruiser. If desired, Essex will build the Alandra with twin small-block V-8s.
From our initial test-drive impressions, the 500HP is an excellent choice, but a regular 502 MPI wouldn't be bad either. The 500HP (which was actually a little underpropped since we were bumping a maximum of 5,250 rpm with no problem) delivered excellent acceleration numbers (zero to on-plane in less than six seconds, and zero to 50 mph in only 15 seconds) that said a lot about the torque of the 500HP and the well-refined bottom design of the Alandra.
On the top end, we maxed the Alandra out at 66.3 mph on our Stalker radar gun with a two-passenger load and smooth water conditions. In our opinion, if you wanted to achieve a slightly higher number, switch to a 24-pitch, drop the rpm by 200 to 300 and take a good, long run at 67 or 68--plenty fast enough for a Lexus-like cuddy bowrider that has the potential to seat up to 16. And in case you suspect that a big, single-stem-drive 29-footer might be a little awkward cutting corners, that doesn't apply to the Alandra. Turns were smooth, precise and surprisingly tight, being free of any hint of propeller ventilation. In fact, if you harbor any hesitation about driving a boat in this size range, you need to take this beauty for a test ride; you'll greatly appreciate how pilot-friendly it really is.

Throttle
10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
and I thought you had something negative to say about essex road...

gabe79
10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
So twice the pain in the ass for nothing????:eek:

DeltaSigBoater
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
So twice the pain in the ass for nothing????:eek:
Yaeh thats what I'm thinking... You know for a few more grand, you could buy a 270 Hallett. Cant recall who it was, but someone one here owns this 270-T (http://www.boattraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/6/4/1/90324941.htm)

Outnumbered
10-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I think I would choose the Essex.:idea: Bigger twins, newer, bigger, etc. The Essex is a very high quality boat. Both seem like pretty good deals. If you could pick that Essex up for $55k you would be doing well.

BajaMike
10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I take it this is the boat? (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/2/90324922.htm)
If it's that boat, I think it's way over-priced........:idea:

DeltaSigBoater
10-12-2007, 10:20 PM
If it's that boat, I think it's way over-priced........:idea:
:rolleyes: :idea: :rolleyes:

milkmoney
10-13-2007, 06:41 AM
essex has agreat product just make sure you dont use their dealership for anything find a good shop to go to customer service is not worth a sh t

455Rocket
10-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Here's the performance part of a rewiew that ***boat did. My take is that it's from 1999-2001. I'm thinking you are going to get about the same speed with Twin 6.2s, as you would with a single big block.
My father owns the boat from that review in 1999... It sees 60's on a good day with that 502. A real slug, but the boat is huge, made well, and comfortable. For go-fast look into another hull, and with two engines there's twice the maintenance etc...
BTW: tell him to knock a good $15K off that price

The Door Hanger
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
essex has agreat product just make sure you dont use their dealership for anything find a good shop to go to customer service is not worth a sh t
My 2008 has it's first service comming up. I was planning on taking it to the dealer. Was the service that bad there?:confused:

gabe79
10-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Thats the one. Over priced huh:idea:

milkmoney
10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
My 2008 has it's first service comming up. I was planning on taking it to the dealer. Was the service that bad there?:confused:
i think they will service your boat just fine but if your looking to be treated like they care about you they wont you are just another boat. my boat went in for warranty work for 2 weeks and they fixed everything, but there is no way i would ever give them another penny of mine, just gave them70gs when bought the boat and i am done.. would i refer anybody there hell no spend your hard earn money somewhere else.... just my .02

rodnjen
10-13-2007, 05:05 PM
i think they will service your boat just fine but if your looking to be treated like they care about you they wont you are just another boat. my boat went in for warranty work for 2 weeks and they fixed everything, but there is no way i would ever give them another penny of mine, just gave them70gs when bought the boat and i am done.. would i refer anybody there hell no spend your hard earn money somewhere else.... just my .02
For what it's worth, we have had our Essex for 4 years now, have had it serviced exclusively at Essex and have never had a problem. I don't spend a lot of time there when I go. I just drop it off, they do what they say they are going to do, I pay them and we are done. That's all I'm looking for, if you want another type of exchange then go somewhere else.
Exceedingly happy with the boat and service to date.

Dezertrider
10-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Bought a boat from Essex in 95 and had them service it until I sold it in 98. They never let me down. Once they chipped a peice that was powder coated and they had it recoated with no bitching from me

The Door Hanger
10-13-2007, 08:47 PM
:( My wife and I got that feeling from the owner. :) Everyone else down there was more than nice to us. The guys that did the work on the boat were great. So far we've had a great time on the new boat and are more that happy. I have a few things that need to be fixed that I didn't see in the walk through. I saw them on the first trip out to the lake. After the first 20 hours I'm going to take it in and see how the service department does.

milkmoney
10-14-2007, 07:28 AM
hey by all means they do excatly what they say they are going to do. i think the people that work there are really good people and care about what they do,, i think i have had a bad experience from the start, i love my boat and get alot of comments about it. you guys are the first folks that have said good things about them so the score is 3to 3. i beleive you should go where your happy with the whole package for me just not there. i am glad to hear some good feedback maybe it will help me see them alittle differntly. but for now i stay clear for my reasons only . happy boating and maybe see you guys out next year...

milkmoney
10-14-2007, 07:30 AM
:( My wife and I got that feeling from the owner. :) Everyone else down there was more than nice to us. The guys that did the work on the boat were great. So far we've had a great time on the new boat and are more that happy. I have a few things that need to be fixed that I didn't see in the walk through. I saw them on the first trip out to the lake. After the first 20 hours I'm going to take it in and see how the service department does.
hey bro let me tell you that brian who works in the shop is wonderful to deal with and he knows his stuff..dude acts like he owner he is that caring.. maybe he should be...lol.. good luck i think you will be happy..

milkmoney
10-14-2007, 07:34 AM
For what it's worth, we have had our Essex for 4 years now, have had it serviced exclusively at Essex and have never had a problem. I don't spend a lot of time there when I go. I just drop it off, they do what they say they are going to do, I pay them and we are done. That's all I'm looking for, if you want another type of exchange then go somewhere else.
Exceedingly happy with the boat and service to date.
hey rod i am glad that you are happy i have gone somewhere else i have to i live in vegas i just pick the boat up for some warranty work and they did everything they said they were going to do. my trailer had a scrtch in the back when i p/u and the answer was dont know how it got there .