PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Island homes really suck

havawake
10-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Anybody thinking about buying one of those MILLION plus dollar homes on the Island in Lake Havasu would be better off looking elsewhere in town. Very few water views, views of boat storage, your neighbor being 8 feet away, tract home quality, trailer storage within eyeshot, and last but not least, the sewer treatment facility just a stone's throw away (pray that the wind never blows from the East), are just a few of the reasons why living out on the Island isn't the fantasy that some would want you to believe. Fancy ads and gimmicks aside, there are plenty of other choices in that town. I'm staying in the OC...........

pw_Tony
10-13-2007, 12:39 AM
quit drinking...

Tequila-John
10-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Anybody thinking about buying one of those MILLION plus dollar homes on the Island in Lake Havasu would be better off looking elsewhere in town. Very few water views, views of boat storage, your neighbor being 8 feet away, tract home quality, trailer storage within eyeshot, and last but not least, the sewer treatment facility just a stone's throw away (pray that the wind never blows from the East), are just a few of the reasons why living out on the Island isn't the fantasy that some would want you to believe. Fancy ads and gimmicks aside, there are plenty of other choices in that town. I'm staying in the OC...........
I'm staying in the OC...
GOOD!

Not So Fast
10-13-2007, 06:27 AM
It's called Little Irvine now:D NSF

riverroyal
10-13-2007, 08:21 AM
places in the country can you live on a island on a world class boating lake?These homes arent built or marketed for the "average income/working guy"They will sell,just gonna take awhile

ROZ
10-13-2007, 09:26 AM
places in the country can you live on a island on a world class boating lake?These homes arent built or marketed for the "average income/working guy"They will sell,just gonna take awhile
As far as I'm concerned, Havasu ain't nuthin compared to a lot of big water lakes around the country. Seen some big ass homes on those lakes, too :)

Parker Dreamin
10-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm staying in the OC...
GOOD!
Ya bud, I agree.

riverroyal
10-13-2007, 09:28 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Havasu ain't nuthin compared to a lot of big water lakes around the country. Seen some big ass homes on those lakes, too :)
and they are also very expensive,maybe not socal expensive,but for the area they are in they are alot.I just watched video of lake lanier in goergia,theres no water left!!!!We looked at a house there 4 years ago,makes socal and havasu seem kinda stupid

RiverToysJas
10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
I totally agree!!! Big tree covered yards going down to boat garages....you can buy a lot of home elsewhere for million dollars+ not have to wait in lines to launch or drink 3 gallons of water a day to survive the summer.
...and I'm staying in OC too! :D
RTJas :D

boatsnblondes
10-13-2007, 09:34 AM
When I was about 20, my folks bought a HUGE house right on the water in Lake Arrowhead.....LOVED it...true, you only got a 35 mph speed limit...but man, did that place ever recharge you.....if I was gonna spend a million on a home...thats where I would do it....Christmas in the snow, in the woods, in socal?? Whoda thunk?? And don't get me started about the July 4th parties we had...:D

RiverToysJas
10-13-2007, 09:39 AM
.........the island, big whoop !!!
Man-made island no less, seperated by water 6' deep..... :rolleyes:
I enjoy lake havasu, but world-class it ain't IMO.

ROZ
10-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I totally agree!!! Big tree covered yards going down to boat garages....you can buy a lot of home elsewhere for million dollars+ not have to wait in lines to launch or drink 3 gallons of water a day to survive the summer.
...and I'm staying in OC too! :D
I sure as hell ain't leavin either! :D