PDA

View Full Version : Why?

phebus
10-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Why do when the back up batteries in smoke alarms go bad is it always in the middle of the night? 2:00am and it sounds like there is a giant cricket in the house. Oh, and of course it's on the cathedral ceiling so you have to go out in the garage and get the ladder to yank the focker out. :mad:

Cigalert
10-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Why do when the back up batteries in smoke alarms go bad is it always in the middle of the night? 2:00am and it sounds like there is a giant cricket in the house. Oh, and of course it's on the cathedral ceiling so you have to go out in the garage and get the ladder to yank the focker out. :mad:
I bought my place 2 years ago and just the other night, right around the 2 am you speak of, I found out I have one in the attic. That was so much fun I can't wait to do it again.

voodoomedman
10-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Happens at the Havasu house all the time so I started taking batteries out and unhooking them. The size and layout of the house I'd feel the darn heat before I heard a stupid alarm and since it's 1 story we can just hop out the window. The problem with Havi is how often and for how long the stupid power goes out so they are constantly on battery backup. My house here I haven't changed one yet and it's almost 2 years. When we get to Havi we are surprised if the clocks aren't flashing when we get there.

Caribbean Jet
10-13-2007, 06:03 AM
What really sucks is when they are all linked and when one battery goes bad they ALL make that chirping noise. I had to take all of them down including the ones in the vaulted areas in the middle of the night. I don't think that I went back to sleep that night.

vdriver4ever
10-13-2007, 06:05 AM
They go out when the house is the cooliest because that is when the battery is the weekest. Happens all the time in the winter here in Boise.

HemiDude
10-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Phebus--this just happened to me as well in room with 14' ceiling, then it stopped for a few nights now started up again at 2am.
Do the mfg's plan this on purpose????:idea:

Old Man Havasu
10-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Get to the house 10 PM. Chirping 14 feet above my head. No ladder, neighbors are asleep.
That was a long night....:mad:

Not So Fast
10-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Solution>>>> Change'm every 1&1/2 years or so, cheap and worth it:idea: NSF

Cigalert
10-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Get to the house 10 PM. Chirping 14 feet above my head. No ladder, neighbors are asleep.
That was a long night....:mad:
That's when a shoe accidently coming off your foot at a hight rate of speed and knocking that fawker down is appropriate. Shoes are so silly. You never know what they're going to do.

Wmc
10-13-2007, 06:36 AM
thats funny sh!t. it happen to me every 3 years. the smart thing is to change all the battery because the other are not far behind:idea: