Outnumbered
10-13-2007, 06:37 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301541,00.html

Outnumbered
10-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Empire State Building Goes Green for Muslim Holiday
Saturday , October 13, 2007
NEW YORK —
The Empire State Building is aglow in green this weekend to honor the Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan.
The 102-story building routinely lights up its famous spire to honor everything from traditional holidays to sporting events to notable charities to “the myriad ethnic groups living in the New York City area,” according to the building's website.
But Thursday night marked the first time the all-green lighting was used to mark the kickoff of Eid-al-Fitr, a three-day celebration for Muslims around the world.
The all-green lighting was used earlier in the week to promote the city's Parks Department.
Not many religious holidays make the cut. Green and red are used every year to mark the Christmas holiday season, and blue and white -- the colors of the Israeli flag -- are used for the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah.
And the building doesn’t fire up its thousand-watt bulbs for just anyone. The “extraordinary number of requests” cannot all be accommodated, according to a building statement. Lighting up the spire for commercial products and corporate events is out, as is the commemoration of personal events like birthdays or anniversaries.
The Empire State Building's tower was first lit up in colors in July, 1976, when red, white and blue were used in celebration of the American Bicentennial. A new lighting system that allows a wider range of colors was inaugurated the following year, when blue and white lights flashed to announce the New York Yankees had won the World Series.

thatguy
10-13-2007, 07:21 AM
It is this PC BULLSHIT that will be the end of us. What the fock is wrong with this country? Perfect example. Gotta be that frickin suck ass Dem. Governor.
Tommy

RitcheyRch
10-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Fock that. Why we always trying to make everyone like us when they hate us.

adjones419
10-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Focking New York.

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 08:27 AM
I got my flame suit on......
One thing I don't understand with some of the people on this board is with race or religion views. Is it a Muslim thing? Is it because of what happened on 911? There has always been public displays for holidays etc? I don't see people pissed when there is a Christmas tree, Menoriha etc (except the ACLU). They light the Empire State Building up during Christmas. I don't see anybody up on the soap box then? Yesterday there was a thread of a hill climb in Saudi Arabia the word Towel Heads and I wished people would of died was thrown out there like it was normal everyday water cooler talk. The bombing in Oklahoma was done by White Christians so call a Christmas tree crap then. Pearl harbor was done by Japanese but yet you buy there products and I don't hear any derogatorily remarks to them. So you think the Governor of New York had them put those lights up there???? Uh NO! that building isn't state owned. You wonder why they hate us? Ask yourself why do you hate them.... So a couple fanatic freaks means there all bad? Hell then lets hate everyone then because freaks come in all shapes, sizes, colors and religious beliefs. You can be a racist, bigot and hate all you want it's your choice but how about keeping them to yourself. IMO.....
Flame on!!!!:D

Phat Matt
10-13-2007, 08:35 AM
One thing I don't understand with some of the people on this board is with race or religion views. Is it a Muslim thing? Is it because of what happened on 911? There has always been public displays for holidays etc? I don't see people pissed when there is a Christmas tree, Menoriha etc (except the ACLU). They light the Empire State Building up during Christmas. I don't see anybody up on the soap box then? Yesterday there was a thread of a hill climb in Saudi Arabia the word Towel Heads and I wished people would of died was thrown out there like it was normal everyday water cooler talk. The bombing in Oklahoma was done by White Christians so call a Christmas tree crap then. Pearl harbor was done by Japanese but yet you buy there products and I don't hear any derogatorily remarks to them. So you think the Governor of New York had them put those lights up there???? Uh NO! that building is state owned. You wonder why they hate us? Ask yourself why do you hate them.... So a couple fanatic freaks means there all bad? Hell then lets hate everyone then because freaks come in all shapes, sizes, colors and religious beliefs. You can be a racist, bigot and hate all you want it's your choice but how about keeping them to yourself. IMO.....
Fag. lol :D

Cigalert
10-13-2007, 08:52 AM
One thing I don't understand with some of the people on this board is with race or religion views. Is it a Muslim thing? Is it because of what happened on 911? There has always been public displays for holidays etc? I don't see people pissed when there is a Christmas tree, Menoriha etc (except the ACLU). They light the Empire State Building up during Christmas. I don't see anybody up on the soap box then? Yesterday there was a thread of a hill climb in Saudi Arabia the word Towel Heads and I wished people would of died was thrown out there like it was normal everyday water cooler talk. The bombing in Oklahoma was done by White Christians so call a Christmas tree crap then. Pearl harbor was done by Japanese but yet you buy there products and I don't hear any derogatorily remarks to them. So you think the Governor of New York had them put those lights up there???? Uh NO! that building is state owned. You wonder why they hate us? Ask yourself why do you hate them.... So a couple fanatic freaks means there all bad? Hell then lets hate everyone then because freaks come in all shapes, sizes, colors and religious beliefs. You can be a racist, bigot and hate all you want it's your choice but how about keeping them to yourself. IMO.....
Agreed. This case it's specifically due to it being a muslim celebration. When they light up the Empire State Building for the Jewish holidays nobody bitches because there are Jews riddled in every neighborhood. Jewish people are generally good people. They eat their wheaties and become lawyers and accountants. Muslims are bad. They have no idea how to play madden and they ALL eat white peoples babies. I've seen it happen. Damn Muslim cut me off on the freeway yesterday and the dog that poops on my lawn is Muslim. That's why I personally hate'em.
On a serious note I see nothing wrong with this new lighting of the building. This is pretty similar to the Japanese you mentioned. The 2nd and 3rd generations post WWII don't see much reasoning to continue hate for the Pearl Harbor attack. On the other hand, my Grandmother cannot stand any Asian people...period. She associates any Asian (she calls them orientals), be it Vietnamese, Cambodian, Chinese, Korean...she doesn't care...she hates equally for something only the Japanese government was responsible. She grew up in Whittier during WWII and remembers the camps they set up for the local Japanese.
People alive today all remember 9/11 and relate that hate to the Muslim community. I just don't see why everyone got all ready to get ready to get ready to go for the few weeks following 9/11. Posting massive American flags in the back of trucks, banding together for the first time since I've been alive. All that trickled to a tiny little "go team" lately. Shift you hate into the right direction people. Grow up and start hating mexicans like the rest of us. Gosh.

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Fag. lol :D
Isn't your gay as watching a bunch of Packers tomorrow and I'm gay.....:D

BoatFloating
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Agreed. This case it's specifically due to it being a muslim celebration. When they light up the Empire State Building for the Jewish holidays nobody bitches because there are Jews riddled in every neighborhood. Jewish people are generally good people. They eat their wheaties and become lawyers and accountants. Muslims are bad. They have no idea how to play madden and they ALL eat white peoples babies. I've seen it happen. Damn Muslim cut me off on the freeway yesterday and the dog that poops on my lawn is Muslim. That's why I personally hate'em.
On a serious note I see nothing wrong with this new lighting of the building. This is pretty similar to the Japanese you mentioned. The 2nd and 3rd generations post WWII don't see much reasoning to continue hate for the Pearl Harbor attack. On the other hand, my Grandmother cannot stand any Asian people...period. She associates any Asian (she calls them orientals), be it Vietnamese, Cambodian, Chinese, Korean...she doesn't care...she hates equally for something only the Japanese government was responsible. She grew up in Whittier during WWII and remembers the camps they set up for the local Japanese.
People alive today all remember 9/11 and relate that hate to the Muslim community. I just don't see why everyone got all ready to get ready to get ready to go for the few weeks following 9/11. Posting massive American flags in the back of trucks, banding together for the first time since I've been alive. All that trickled to a tiny little "go team" lately. Shift you hate into the right direction people. Grow up and start hating mexicans like the rest of us. Gosh.
The white people hate the Mexicans but love their Tequila, Cinco De Mayo (another reason to get loaded) and all the labor they put into there homes etc..... I hate myself...:D

MAINEVENT
10-13-2007, 11:59 AM
One thing I don't understand with some of the people on this board is with race or religion views. Is it a Muslim thing? Is it because of what happened on 911? There has always been public displays for holidays etc? I don't see people pissed when there is a Christmas tree, Menoriha etc (except the ACLU). They light the Empire State Building up during Christmas. I don't see anybody up on the soap box then? Yesterday there was a thread of a hill climb in Saudi Arabia the word Towel Heads and I wished people would of died was thrown out there like it was normal everyday water cooler talk. The bombing in Oklahoma was done by White Christians so call a Christmas tree crap then. Pearl harbor was done by Japanese but yet you buy there products and I don't hear any derogatorily remarks to them. So you think the Governor of New York had them put those lights up there???? Uh NO! that building isn't state owned. You wonder why they hate us? Ask yourself why do you hate them.... So a couple fanatic freaks means there all bad? Hell then lets hate everyone then because freaks come in all shapes, sizes, colors and religious beliefs. You can be a racist, bigot and hate all you want it's your choice but how about keeping them to yourself. IMO.....
Well Said...
Damn you make alot sense here... Im used to your slurring words so i never catch all of it... :D

MAINEVENT
10-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Dude, the more people on ***boat hate towel heads, orientals and jews, the more they forget they hate Mexicans. You're ****ing up the program. :D
Damn your catching on here HAH!!!:D

Jbb
10-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I thought for sure this thread would be the venue for another one of Brown's "Death to America" tirades.... :D

Slow What
10-13-2007, 12:44 PM
On a serious note I see nothing wrong with this new lighting of the building. This is pretty similar to the Japanese you mentioned. The 2nd and 3rd generations post WWII don't see much reasoning to continue hate for the Pearl Harbor attack.
So what you are saying is we should drop a couple of atomic bombs on Iraq , then help them rebuild with the condition that they can't have a military , then after 2 or 3 generations we can stop hating the muslims. :idea:

Tom Brown
10-13-2007, 12:47 PM
What the fock is wrong with this country?
Your country is far too open minded and tolerant. :D :D :D
Hey asshole, you owe me a car stereo. I'm pretty sure the guy who stole mine is a Christian so pay up, you thieving Christian bastard. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Tom Brown
10-13-2007, 12:48 PM
I thought for sure this thread would be the venue for another one of Brown's "Death to America" tirades.... :D
All in good time.

Jesster
10-13-2007, 12:53 PM
So what you are saying is we should drop a couple of atomic bombs on Iraq , then help them rebuild with the condition that they can't have a military , then after 2 or 3 generations we can stop hating the muslims. :idea:
Well when you put it like that..... :D

Baja Big Dog
10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
They once changed the lights to a nice blue for the Armenian new year, but some mafia, thieving low life Armo's stole the fricken lights, and moved to Glendale!!!!:D :D

Outnumbered
10-13-2007, 03:17 PM
How about we just light it up in RED WHITE AND BLUE EVERY DAY, MAKE ENGLISH THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THE USA AND CALL IT GOOD!!! FOCK THE PC BS!!!:mad: I don't care who you are or where you came from. You are in the USA now:sqeyes:

thatguy
10-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Your country is far too open minded and tolerant. :D :D :D
Hey asshole, you owe me a car stereo. I'm pretty sure the guy who stole mine is a Christian so pay up, you thieving Christian bastard. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Brown, I am not a Christian. Try Boatsandblondes, Maybe He will hook you up!!:D :D
I don't "Hate" Muslims. It just strikes me as "in your face", considering 9/11 and our current troop deployment. Seems very wrong and I am sorry if I can't bring myself to jump on the all is fair bandwagon. I think it is an insulting gesture to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 and in active duty overseas. :confused:
Tommy

thatguy
10-13-2007, 03:23 PM
How about we just light it up in RED WHITE AND BLUE EVERY DAY, MAKE ENGLISH THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THE USA AND CALL IT GOOD!!! FOCK THE PC BS!!!:mad: I don't care who you are or where you came from. You are in the USA now:sqeyes:
Absolutely.

Baja Big Dog
10-13-2007, 03:28 PM
That would let the air out of the ballon!!!!:D

scooooter7
10-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Brown, I am not a Christian. Try Boatsandblondes, Maybe He will hook you up!!:D :D
I don't "Hate" Muslims. It just strikes me as "in your face", considering 9/11 and our current troop deployment. Seems very wrong and I am sorry if I can't bring myself to jump on the all is fair bandwagon. I think it is an insulting gesture to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 and in active duty overseas. :confused:
Tommy
And don't forget... We are at WAR with the "death to americans" Iraqies. Are we scared or what?

OverKill
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't say hate Mexicans, but rather illegle Mexicans .

Boozer
10-13-2007, 03:55 PM
As a proud citizen of the United States I would think you would be able to appreciate the fact that New York is willing to pay respect to the Muslim religion. After all wasn't one of the fundamentals this country was founded on Freedom of Religion? If my religion is free to be expressed through a display of lights on the Empire State Building then the muslim religion should have the same rights. Regardless of your personal feelings towards those of the Muslim faith you are in fact going against our countries fundamentals.
If you don't want other people to have the same freedoms as you would you be willing to give up your own freedoms just so you don't have to allow those same freedoms to other people? If you were in fact willing to give up that freedom wouldn't that be one step closer to communism?
:idea: :idea:

Not So Fast
10-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Tommy
Very well said!! lets say for sake of argument that you are boarding a plane and there are a group of 4 Muslims, 4 Afro Americans, 4 Mexicans, and 4 of what ever you want to call them. They only have seats for 1 of these groups to board, which group would you feel the most comfortable with?? I know which ones I would feel very uncomfortable with! How about you?? NSF

Outnumbered
10-13-2007, 04:17 PM
As a proud citizen of the United States I would think you would be able to appreciate the fact that New York is willing to pay respect to the Muslim religion. After all wasn't one of the fundamentals this country was founded on Freedom of Religion? If my religion is free to be expressed through a display of lights on the Empire State Building then the muslim religion should have the same rights. Regardless of your personal feelings towards those of the Muslim faith you are in fact going against our countries fundamentals.
If you don't want other people to have the same freedoms as you would you be willing to give up your own freedoms just so you don't have to allow those same freedoms to other people? If you were in fact willing to give up that freedom wouldn't that be one step closer to communism?
:idea: :idea:
Well then, let's light it up in red flames to honor the Satanists:devil: We can't leave anyone out...it would not be FAIR:rolleyes:

Ultrafied
10-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I think it is an insulting gesture to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 and in active duty overseas. :confused: Tommy
So there were not any Muslims in the Twin Towers that day? Last time I looked, being a Mulim did not exclude a person from the military service. How about the Muslim serviceman on active duty for our/their country?

thatguy
10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
So there were not any Muslims in the Twin Towers that day? Last time I looked, being a Mulim did not exclude a person from the military service. How about the Muslim serviceman on active duty for our/their country?
You are very much correct. And that very thought was on my mind when I posted my comments.
I have thought about this and here are my conclusions thus far.
It is unfortunate for Muslims as a whole that fanatics claim the Muslim religion as their own, and in fact act in a violent manner to cause innocents to die, all the while using the Muslim religion as the catalist for their actions.
It IS unfair to "label" the religion as terroristic. HOWEVER, the terrorists in this case are, in fact, Muslim.
Internment of all Japanese in WWII was also grossly unfair, BUT, deemed nesseccary considering who we were at war with.
Question: Is it fair to the survivors of 9/11 be forced to see this display in the very home town we were so brutally attacked in? Where their loved ones died? Must they have this shoved upon them, on top of their loss? Excacerbating Their grief? Where are their rights?
War, and especially terrorism is, by nature, unfair.
As Patton said, "What is that next to war? Next to war, everything else pales to insignificance."
Ask a 9/11 surviver how they feel about it, it is inflammatory and disrespectful to them. (Yes, I know this group includes Muslims and it sucks for sure to be them) That is how I see it and I offer no apology, except that I am sorry for the good and honest Muslims who have these terrorists using it for their reasoning. They are breeding the hate and that is there collatarel goal.
Tommy

BoatFloating
10-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way... But you just don't get it and you're not looking very smart????? It's A RELIGION! not a country, race or nationality. If it was draped in the flag of another country I would see your point. So we should hate Jewish people, Christians, Catholics, Buddhist etc..... So tell me what a Muslim looks like then. Someone mentioned getting on a plane with 4 Muslims wow so now people look like there religion??? Man we are going backwards.
Here is a list for you. So please describe what these people look like. Expect for the last one we all know what Tom Cruise looks like.... and watch out for the Rastafarianism religion as I hear they're some bad mo fo's
Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand
Trust me I'm not PC but I'm not a racist either.......
You are very much correct. And that very thought was on my mind when I posted my comments.
I have thought about this and here are my conclusions thus far.
It is unfortunate for Muslims as a whole that fanatics claim the Muslim religion as their own, and in fact act in a violent manner to cause innocents to die, all the while using the Muslim religion as the catalist for their actions.
It IS unfair to "label" the religion as terroristic. HOWEVER, the terrorists in this case are, in fact, Muslim.
Internment of all Japanese in WWII was also grossly unfair, BUT, deemed nesseccary considering who we were at war with.
Question: Is it fair to the survivors of 9/11 be forced to see this display in the very home town we were so brutally attacked in? Where their loved ones died? Must they have this shoved upon them, on top of their loss? Excacerbating Their grief? Where are their rights?
War, and especially terrorism is, by nature, unfair.
As Patton said, "What is that next to war? Next to war, everything else pales to insignificance."
Ask a 9/11 surviver how they feel about it, it is inflammatory and disrespectful to them. (Yes, I know this group includes Muslims and it sucks for sure to be them) That is how I see it and I offer no apology, except that I am sorry for the good and honest Muslims who have these terrorists using it for their reasoning. They are breeding the hate and that is there collatarel goal. Tommy
Tommy, as a history buff you realize most wars were caused and are caused by religious persecution. So should we start killing all Muslims? What's next? I bolded your last line? So what are we doing?????? Are we not breeding hate.
Here is a short list of religious persecution.
Persecution of Muslims in South Europe
Muslim populations did not survive the reconquests of Christendom in Sicily, Spain or Portugal due to either expulsions, murder or forced conversions.[6] In Sicily, Christian-Muslim conflicts were fueled by the Crusades, and in 1224, Frederick II, grandson of tolerant Roger II, expelled the last remaining Muslims from Sicily, temporarily relocating many to a colony in Lucera on the southern mainland, while the rest fled to North Africa. The events are sometimes referred to as the 'Islamic Holocaust.' [citation needed]
Russian Empire
The period from the conquest of Kazan in 1552 to the ascension of Catherine the Great in 1762, was marked by systematic repression of Muslims through policies of exclusion and discrimination as well as the destruction of Muslim culture by elimination of outward manifestations of Islam such as mosques. While total expulsion as in other Christian nations such as Spain, Portugal and Sicily was not feasible to achieve a homogenous Russian Orthodox population, other policies such as land grants and the promotion of migration by other Russian and non-Muslim populations into Muslim lands displaced many Muslims making them minorities in their ancestral lands such as the Crimea and the Caucasus the Volga-Ural region to other parts such as the Ottoman Turkey, and almost annihilating the Cherkess. In the 16th century this led to an uprising against the Tsar Feodor by the Tatar aristocracy and their subsequent expulsion. The trend of Russification has continued at different paces in the rest of Tsarist and Soviet periods, so that today there are more Tatars living outside the Republic of Tatarstan than inside it.
Philippines
After Spanish conquest of the Philippines, many Muslims were persecuted by Christians and converted to Christianity.
This is a good one......
Anti-Catholic
Anti-Catholicism officially began in 1534 during the English Reformation; the Act of Supremacy made the King of England the 'only supreme head on earth of the Church in England.' Any act of allegiance to the latter was considered treason. It was under this act that Thomas More was executed. Queen Elizabeth I's scorn for Jesuit missionaries led to many executions at Tyburn. Catholic / Protestant strife has been blamed for much of "The Troubles," the ongoing struggle in Northern Ireland.
This attitude was carried "across the pond" to the American colonies, which would leave England, forming the United States. Although there has been a strong anti-Catholic sentiment in North America since before the dawn of the US, the feeling grew stronger during waves of Catholic immigration from old Europe. Nationalist, "native" feeling was represented by the Know-Nothing Party. Father James Coyle, a Roman Catholic priest, was murdered in 1921 by the Ku Klux Klan.
So it comes down to HATE!!!!!! How can you hate someone when you don't know exactly who they are??????
Off soap box now.... Continue on....

Tom Brown
10-14-2007, 08:29 AM
I think it is an insulting gesture to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 and in active duty overseas. :confused:
To me, the people who set aside their anger, hurt, and judgment to honor the Muslim holy day are people of great class and have my respect.

Outnumbered
10-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way... But you just don't get it and you're not looking very smart????? It's A RELIGION! not a country, race or nationality. If it was draped in the flag of another country I would see your point. So we should hate Jewish people, Christians, Catholics, Buddhist etc..... So tell me what a Muslim looks like then. Someone mentioned getting on a plane with 4 Muslims wow so now people look like there religion??? Man we are going backwards. ...
So it comes down to HATE!!!!!! How can you hate someone when you don't know exactly who they are??????
Off soap box now.... Continue on....
When did I ever say I hate anyone for their religion or their skin color? You are the one not looking so smart for putting words in my mouth. There are a lot of ASSumptions being made in these posts, including yours.
However, I do HATE PC and Multiculturalism and its negative impact on the core beliefs and foundation of this country. True, the settlement and origin of the USA was largely founded on freedom of religion. But, the Founding Fathers also made it clear in their intent that we are UNITED as AMERICANS. All of these hyphenated-Americans don’t really want to be 100% American. They want to be hyphenated-Americans and get special treatment and special recognition etc. It is bad for our country and will eventually lead to its destruction. Some of my grandparents on both sides of the family immigrated legally here just before WWII from two completely different religions/ethnic backgrounds. They have raised my parents to be proud AMERICANS and my parents have raised me the same way. Growing up, not once did I ever hear anyone refer to our family as hyphenated Americans of any type. They understood that they were now in America and are now AMERICANS, PERIOD!

chub
10-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Isn't your gay as watching a bunch of Packers tomorrow and I'm gay.....:D
Easy Tiger! on the PACKERS!!:D Thats capitol sir! :D :D
BTW This country was founded on the belief of Christianity.
Love it or leave. Plain and simple.

chub
10-14-2007, 09:14 AM
I would like to comment that we as Americans should kill no one man, woman, or child in the name of religion. We will, and have lost many good folks in the name of religion. My question is when will this all stop? The unfortunate answer I see is likely, never.:confused:

thatguy
10-14-2007, 09:17 AM
When did I ever say I hate anyone for their religion or their skin color? You are the one not looking so smart for putting words in my mouth. There are a lot of ASSumptions being made in these posts, including yours.
However, I do HATE PC and Multiculturalism and its negative impact on the core beliefs and foundation of this country. True, the settlement and origin of the USA was largely founded on freedom of religion. But, the Founding Fathers also made it clear in their intent that we are UNITED as AMERICANS. All of these hyphenated-Americans don’t really want to be 100% American. They want to be hyphenated-Americans and get special treatment and special recognition etc. It is bad for our country and will eventually lead to its destruction. Some of my grandparents on both sides of the family immigrated legally here just before WWII from two completely different religions/ethnic backgrounds. They have raised my parents to be proud AMERICANS and my parents have raised me the same way. Growing up, not once did I ever hear anyone refer to our family as hyphenated Americans of any type. They understood that they were now in America and are now AMERICANS, PERIOD!
What He said. We are supposed to be a melting pot, not a serving dish with dozens of separate sections.
It is a confusing issue, because as stated Muslin is a religion, not a race.
But in my gut, I still feel it is an insult to light that building up like that.
It is not my fault that the killers who crashed those planes where Muslims. It is not My fault that they use that as their catalyst. Or is it?
How can I be called a racist when it was pointed out that Muslim is not a race?
I am anti-multicultural. It weakens this country and creates internal strife. As we see on this thread. I am predominantly Scottish. But I do not wear a kilt or play bagpipes. (only 2 generations removed from the homeland)
This is rather long, but a great read. I copied it from an article somewhere.
Tommy
We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context
his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an
immigration overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to
capacity by many of America's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant
college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his
latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration - both legal and
illegal was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would
march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American
Dream.
Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and
gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat
spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the
United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too
self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that
hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time.
Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and
that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit
suicide.'"
"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: "First, to destroy America, turn
America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country."
History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and
antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a
blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a
society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it
this way: "The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies
> that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and
tragedy." Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, and Lebanon all face crises of
national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not
independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an
ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and
Corsicans".
Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and
encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. Make it an article of
belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural
differences. Make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic
dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the
majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.
Third, "We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without
much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As
Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: "The apparent
success of our own m ultiethnic and multicultural experiment might have
been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance
that once dictated ethnocentricity and what it meant to be an American,
we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together."
Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language
and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad
bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural
subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as
Americans, emphasizing their similarities."
"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least
educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated,
undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this
second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."
"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations
and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in
ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I
would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the
fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all
minority failure on the majority population."
"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship,
and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity.
I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people
worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they
are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is
against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes
to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks
believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common
Language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece
took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, Persia, threatened
their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome
two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured
political divisions. Greece fell. "E. Pluribus Unum" --From many, one.
In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus'
instead of the 'Unum,' we will balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."
"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits; make it taboo to
talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a
word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion
and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'xenophobe' halt
discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural
country, having established multi-culturism, having the large
foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it
impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra:
That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be
good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the
cumulative impact of millions of them."
In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow.
Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor
Victor Hanson Davis's book "Mexifornia." His book is dangerous. It
exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be
destroyed, don't read that book."
There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous
cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that
room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically,
quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today.
Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the
foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Even
barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as
we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third
World as corporations create a Third World in America - take note of
California and other states - to date, ten million illegal aliens and
growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In
that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth
building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is
strength."
Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the
conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is
deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration
monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California
wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American
Dream.
If you care for and love our country as I do, take the time to pass this
on just as I did for you. NOTHING is going to happen if you don't !

Outnumbered
10-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I would like to comment that we as Americans should kill no one man, woman, or child in the name of religion. We will, and have lost many good folks in the name of religion. My question is when will this all stop? The unfortunate answer I see is likely, never.:confused:
WTF does this have to do with the Empire State Building? You guys are going way off on tangents:rolleyes: