PDA

View Full Version : Re-polishing a blower????

Jim W
10-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a blower with an old polish job that I want to polish up again. Not in real bad shape. I just want to brighten it back up again.
Anyone have a product that works really well to do this?
Be good, Jim

Hallett
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Jim this is the best stuff i have ever found. lord knows
i have tried a bunch. good luck. Bob
http://www.wenol-polish.com/

ovrkll77
10-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Jim this is the best stuff i have ever found. lord knows
i have tried a bunch. good luck. Bob
http://www.wenol-polish.com/
is this stuff for a buffer? I have been using mothers machine aluminum polish, works ok.

Hallett
10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
is this stuff for a buffer? I have been using mothers machine aluminum polish, works ok.
Sure you can with a small wheel & a drill motor.
i like the red tube & the blue tube get both depending how bad it is.
one has more cutter in it. i think the blue tube is the final polish
i cant't remeber. when i get home i will post a link where i get
mine they have polishing wheels & polishing cloth .

Jim W
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Anyone use the power ball? From Meguirs I think?
Be good, Jim

Schiada76
10-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Anyone use the power ball? From Meguirs I think?
Be good, Jim
Yeah, don't bother.
I got a polishing set with three rouge bars and several tips and wheels for about twenty five bucks. They work great from touch up to raw stock.
http://www.hobbytool.com/
Just checked, huge price jump for the kit it's $30.00 now.

blownrat
10-14-2007, 06:12 AM
hey guys, if after you polish your alum stuff, take a bowl of flour and soft cloth and re-wipe all the surfaces you will be amazed at the resultes

blownjet
10-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I have a blower with an old polish job that I want to polish up again. Not in real bad shape. I just want to brighten it back up again.
Anyone have a product that works really well to do this?
Be good, Jim
dimond brite truck box polish from lowes, 8 oz. bottle cost $ 13.00 works really good and easy to remove

IMPATIENT 1
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
hey guys, if after you polish your alum stuff, take a bowl of flour and soft cloth and re-wipe all the surfaces you will be amazed at the resultes
now you got me curious, tell us more:D does the flour soak up the residue of the polish?:idea:

snake321
10-25-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm dyin to hear this...

tittyman
10-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Most Harley shops carry the stuff..a good bike shop would be the first place I would look..that's where I get from..good stuff..

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
"Blue Magic" from any parts store. I use this stuff religiously and its a killer product. $5 for a can and it lasts....

bahner454
11-09-2007, 11:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(hey guys, if after you polish your alum stuff, take a bowl of flour and soft cloth and re-wipe all the surfaces you will be amazed at the resultes)
This does work :) you can also use corn starch or Sodium bicarbonate ,,, but it does indeed provide a briter finish and help remove the black residue and fine marks left after polishing with rouge componds.