PDA

View Full Version : Foreign signage

BILLY.B
10-14-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't come in here very much so this topic may have been beat to death so if it has i'm sorry but if it hasn't what are your thoughts?. Living in So Cal (Upland /Alta Loma) there are quite a few things we have to put up with for what alot of people consider the best climate in the country. But i'm sick and tired of having to put up with this one. The amount of new business's poping up with foreign signage all over the building, not to mention the banks , Lowes, Home Depot, etc having foreign signage all over. Not to mention playing commericals in spanish while i'm shopping (Lowes). Am I the only one who bitches at the store managers about this?.

Steve 1
10-14-2007, 11:39 AM
No you are not alone my city is also full of signs written in the Language of failure and plastered all over the place. Speak English or get the fucc out!

ULTRA26 # 1
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
No you are not alone my city is also full of signs written in the Language of failure and plastered all over the place. Speak English or get the fucc out!
Spoken like a true American.

Schiada76
10-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Spoken like a true American.
Yes Ultra that is true whether you like it or not.
The people that come LEGALLY and are succesful SPEAK ENGLISH!:mad: :mad:
My dad's new wife's father ( what ever that made him realtive wise) was a survivor of the Holocaust, tatto #'s he and his wife both. He came here on a freighter with NOTHING and no one gave him jack shit. In fact they fducked with him at Ellis island, they gave him his American name. Harry Peters, he didn't get the joke.
He did however become a huge succes in this country by assimalating learning English and working his ass off, no handouts, no free English classes, no food stamps no one wipping his ass for him.
He said the same thing to me that Billy just did, in person to my face " what is wrong with these people taht come here and don't learn English? Don't respect AMERICAN culture? What is wrong with them?
So yes I agree if you want to live here, want MY RESPECT speak the languge of THIS country or get the FCCUCK BACK HOME!:mad: :mad:
In memory of Harry, the man went to hell, real hell not the bullshit that people these days think are tough, he went to HELL! Watched his friends get GASSED, shot and burned to death. He was one of the happiest men I have ever met. God rest his soul.:D

Schiada76
10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
HEY RIO!
The throttle linkage arm you sent me for my hat works TITS!
:D :D
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9776/river907023cg3.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=river907023cg3.jpg)

TonkaDriver
10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey Billy,
There are more of us that think like you than you could ever believe. I grew up in Phoenix and it is every bit as bad as SoCal now. I once drove thru a small suburb town inhabited mostly by illegals and saw a Highway Dept. sign that was giving a message only in Mexican. I tried to find the people responsible and got the runaround. According to a study put out by some folks in SoCal, 95% of all unresolved murder investigations where warrents were issued involve Illegals from south of the border. I think the number was 1700.
They are a cancer. A talk show host here got fired for suggesting that they play border roulette and pick a day at random where they shoot all illegals crossing the border. What would something like that do to the numbers rushing the border as they do now.
The Mexican government's number 2 import is U.S. cash sent back home by Illegals.
I say keep building the fence and shoot those that get through. Could bag a member of Al Quieda in the process. A bonus in my opinion.
Kurt

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Hey Ultra26#1, anything new on the Eatern front? lol
Rio
Say what:confused:
This Country is a melting pot for people from all over the world. I completely agree that people who live in this Country must speak English and that American schools must be taught is English.
However, I see nothing wrong with signs in languages other than English. Freedom of speech isn't limited to speech in English.

Moneypitt
10-15-2007, 06:14 AM
I watched the transistion of the Westmenister/Midway City area of Orange County. Early 70s, from quiet little sub cities, to little Saigon just about overnight. Property values went in the toilet, neighborhoods became ghettos with double and triple the number of people living in a given area. Then came the gangs, kids that had known nothing but war their whole lives, imports from Nam that had no clue of American culture, nor any desire to adapt to our way of life......Driving down the main drag could have easily been Saigon based on the signage, massage parlors were about the only businesses with english wording. And these people were LEGAL...Have not been there in a couple of decades, gotta be much worse by now.......
Press one for english.........Won't be long before you have to press 6 or 7 for english........MP

never_fast_enuf
10-15-2007, 06:15 AM
This Country is a melting pot for people from all over the world. I completely agree that people who live in this Country must speak English and that American schools must be taught is English.
However, I see nothing wrong with signs in languages other than English. Freedom of speech isn't limited to speech in English.
You can speak any language you like but I draw the line at taking my tax $$ and spending it on these multi language signs.
Just as insane are the new highway markers every 10th of a mile. How much freaking money did THAT cost.:mad:

Moneypitt
10-15-2007, 06:30 AM
C'mon John, when the melting pot is stired just right, the result is a stronger America. When certain ingridents refuse to blend, the entire stew is at risk and you wind up with a weak, stinky soup, too salty, too greasy. Part of that goo in the pot is foreign signage from third world countries which is a reflection of their refusal to be stired into the melting pot, to blend, to contribute, to be part of America. (Just imagine if all the 7-11s used their native language).......Entire blocks, neighborhoods, with only spanish, arabic, hebrew, japanese, etc. signage is a slap in the face to the very same people that are suppose to accept them into OUR society.......MP

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 06:59 AM
You can speak any language you like but I draw the line at taking my tax $$ and spending it on these multi language signs.
Just as insane are the new highway markers every 10th of a mile. How much freaking money did THAT cost.:mad:
Noone is talking about spending your tax dollars on multi language signs.. Get your head out of the safety deposit box. :)
Now your whining about highway mile markers?
C'mon John, when the melting pot is stired just right, the result is a stronger America. When certain ingridents refuse to blend, the entire stew is at risk and you wind up with a weak, stinky soup, too salty, too greasy. Part of that goo in the pot is foreign signage from third world countries which is a reflection of their refusal to be stired into the melting pot, to blend, to contribute, to be part of America. (Just imagine if all the 7-11s used their native language).......Entire blocks, neighborhoods, with only spanish, arabic, hebrew, japanese, etc. signage is a slap in the face to the very same people that are suppose to accept them into OUR society.......MP
Ray,
We both live in Sothern California. Korea Town, Little Tokeo, Alvera Street, China Town, etc, have been a part of our culture for many decades. I don't view this as a slap in the face of Americans. Problem as I see it is our lack of a viable solution on how to deal with being over run by illegals.

never_fast_enuf
10-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Ultra, if you don't care about government waste then you are just part of the problem.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Ultra, if you don't care about government waste then you are just part of the problem.
If you think that mileage markers are a waste, then write your congressman. I have never viewed mileage markers as a waste.

never_fast_enuf
10-15-2007, 08:42 AM
If you think that mileage markers are a waste, then write your congressman. I have never viewed mileage markers as a waste.
Mile markers every 10th of a mile are a massive waste. So is government sponsored multi language signs. I could give a rip what private business do...it's their money and they can spend it any way they like. When it is my money, I do give a damn. What a pitty more people don't care.

Schiada76
10-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Ultra wouldn't be offended if someone drove 100 miles to his house, broke in, ate all his food and then shit on his coffee table.
That's exactly what these foreign scum are doing to our country.:eek:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Mile markers every 10th of a mile are a massive waste. So is government sponsored multi language signs. I could give a rip what private business do...it's their money and they can spend it any way they like. When it is my money, I do give a damn. What a pitty more people don't care.
I live in the middle of one of the most ethnic diverse areas in the world and have never seen any waste in the form of Govt sponsored multi language signs. Please give us all an example of where you observing your taxes being wasted on this.
Ultra wouldn't be offended if someone drove 100 miles to his house, broke in, ate all his food and then shit on his coffee table.
That's exactly what these foreign scum are doing to our country.:eek:
Morris, the thread is about foriegn language signs, not illegals. Thought you only dealt in facts???
If you think that breaking into my house would be a care free event, maybe you should give it a try. You would be surprised and that is a fact!
Which foreign scum are you referring to?

AzMandella
10-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Mileage markers are only a drop in the bucket.If you knew how much tax dollars are spent at the state and federal level for all of the things,govm't papers and forms,advertisements and other things so people can function in our society without having to learn english it would make you puke.And there is no doubt you can blame liberal society for this.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Mileage markers are only a drop in the bucket.If you knew how much tax dollars are spent at the state and federal level for all of the things,govm't papers and forms,advertisements and other things so people can function in our society without having to learn english it would make you puke.And there is no doubt you can blame liberal society for this.
Seems Conservatives have been running the Federal Govt. I agree that there is way too much waste in Govt. Damn Republicans :)

asch
10-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I think the constitution should be rewritten in Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, French, Arabic, Hebrew etc., etc. :rolleyes:
When I lived in Houston, there's an area dense with Chinese folks. So much so that even the street signs are written in Chinese. Strange, but true.
By the way, some sections of Houston, Texas have got to be some of the most multi-cultured areas in any city in the country.
Houston is considered an "International" city. I've never see so much diversity, even in So. Cal. So before you thinks it's bad just here in CA, look around a bit.
With that said, multiculturalism is ruining the country. Too many unassimilated class and kleins will eventually contribute to the downfall of the nation, like Rome.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
We all have the right to have and express our opinions which is one of the things that makes this country great.
A statement such as "multiculturalism is ruining the country"is not one to debate.

AzMandella
10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Seems Conservatives have been running the Federal Govt. I agree that there is way too much waste in Govt. Damn Republicans :)
I guess you didn't read that properly.I said liberals not democrats.I know the two terms can be synonimous(sp) but Republicans also have some liberal veiws on certain subjects.I actualy was refering to the ACLU and other leftist crazies who keep pushing all this "Politically Correct" B.S..But when my friend who is from Austrailia and has lived in this country for 20 years legally applies for citizenship and has to take a written and verbal english test to become a citizen but we don't make the Spanish speking people do it is B.S. By the way the only language he speaks is english. Go figure. I guess if you are white you have to abbide by the law but if your hispanic you should get a free pass even if you are breaking the law.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I guess you didn't read that properly.I said liberals not democrats.I know the two terms can be synonimous(sp) but Republicans also have some liberal veiws on certain subjects.I actualy was refering to the ACLU and other leftist crazies who keep pushing all this "Politically Correct" B.S..But when my friend who is from Austrailia and has lived in this country for 20 years legally applies for citizenship and has to take a written and verbal english test to become a citizen but we don't make the Spanish speking people do it is B.S. By the way the only language he speaks is english. Go figure. I guess if you are white you have to abbide by the law but if your hispanic you should get a free pass even if you are breaking the law.
AZ,
I don't think the Citizenship laws are different for the Spanish speaking, at least I would hope not. I did misunderstand the Liberal comment. There are some crazies on the far left for sure. My 'Damn Republicans" comment was said in jest.

BILLY.B
10-15-2007, 06:27 PM
So I get to my shop today and as I pull into the complex the new neighbor has ratty old boxes (huge) stacked about 4 high and taking up both sides of the parking lot with trash all over the ground and there piece of $hit cars parked in my spots. This has been going for sometime but this was by far the worse that it had gotten. I tried to talk to them (as nice as possible) but of course they don't understand a word of english (I think they can there just playing stupid) so they pay no never mind and go about there day. I call the property manager and tell him that I didn't sign up to have my business in Northern Tijuana and if they can't handle the deal they need to pay to relocate me. Within the 1/2 hr they were on it and forced the owner to rent another building to store his $hit. Of course now I get dirty looks but oh well i'm just done with all of this $hit.

Moneypitt
10-15-2007, 06:47 PM
So I get to my shop today and as I pull into the complex the new neighbor has ratty old boxes (huge) stacked about 4 high and taking up both sides of the parking lot with trash all over the ground and there piece of $hit cars parked in my spots. This has been going for sometime but this was by far the worse that it had gotten. I tried to talk to them (as nice as possible) but of course they don't understand a word of english (I think they can there just playing stupid) so they pay no never mind and go about there day. I call the property manager and tell him that I didn't sign up to have my business in Northern Tijuana and if they can't handle the deal they need to pay to relocate me. Within the 1/2 hr they were on it and forced the owner to rent another building to store his $hit. Of course now I get dirty looks but oh well i'm just done with all of this $hit.
Billy, sounds as though you need some ICE officers as frequent visitors. Hell, just the normal crew with INS/ICE hats might do the job....Then again, even the stupid ones understand FU#% YOU.........Ray

riverfun
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey Ultra, gov. money (our taxes) has been spent. Here in Long Beach when you go vote the ballets are in no less than 6 languages. For the record, I will gladly accept people comming here (to MY country the U.S.) legally if I can have the same rights given to me in THEIR country that they get. By the way Im not just talking about Mexico, I dont understand why we let businesses and people from other countries buy our land and businesses when we cant do the same in their country.

Schiada76
10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
You racist!:mad: :eek: :D
There was an article in yesterdays paper about the court interpreters all being on strike. Some messian bitch who opened a "pharmacy" was complaining, through an interpreter" that eet wasn't fairs, I needs ans interpreter to fights me case". Who the hell do you think pays for the interpreters Ultra?:rolleyes:
Billy you are definetly missing out on a free labor opportunity here, leave a couple of hulls out every night with a case of assorted rattle cans on the deck.
Next morning after a couple of coats of clear you'll have a beautiful vato v-drive.

steve d
10-16-2007, 07:16 AM
............Larry;
When Lou starts to "WHINE" about this chit...."WE'RE DONE"

ULTRA26 # 1
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
You racist!:mad: :eek: :D
There was an article in yesterdays paper about the court interpreters all being on strike. Some messian bitch who opened a "pharmacy" was complaining, through an interpreter" that eet wasn't fairs, I needs ans interpreter to fights me case". Who the hell do you think pays for the interpreters Ultra?:rolleyes:
Billy you are definetly missing out on a free labor opportunity here, leave a couple of hulls out every night with a case of assorted rattle cans on the deck.
Next morning after a couple of coats of clear you'll have a beautiful vato v-drive.
The topic of this thread relates to foreign language signs. The State of CA requires that my office Spanish speaking employees of staff. Do I think this is bullsh*t? Of course. However, this has nothing to do with the China Town, Alvera Street, etc.type foreign language signs which I don't take issue with.

Steve 1
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
The way I have been dealing with them is when asked if I speeekie espanish / the reply is a flat no I am an American!
That usually gets them speaking English or they leave and so not bother me again. The Spanish spoke here :mad: (language of inferiority) is just a rude slap in the face as I see it.

Steve 1
10-18-2007, 03:01 PM
For your enjoyment suggested border defense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ndnk8aiQmM