PDA

View Full Version : Aggressor vs Place

Omega21
09-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Anyone know which is better than the other and why?
Todd

FoMoCo
09-17-2002, 11:04 PM
I am going to buy the Aggressot because its got a tunnable nozzle at no extra charge, and the Hyd only cost $700.00!!!!! thats about $230.00 less than Place. If you put them next to each other they are almost idenical. ANd they come with a Sterring wheel 2 button mount for the Hyd Vers. Place charges extra for that!! Just my 2 cents

*LS7*
09-18-2002, 07:57 AM
So I guess cheap is better?

ChetCapoli
09-18-2002, 06:24 PM
*LS7*:
So I guess cheap is better?looky, looky...if it isnt king donuthead himself with his words of wisdom from that certain small town in south cal. Maybe it's you who installed the donut ovens?? hb isnt owning up to it so i was just wondering. Anyways, about your quote here...i'm not quite following, care to explain??? The same quality at a better price is better last i knew..and aggressor's diverter is just that. Then again, i'm willing to bet you havent even seen one have ya...so what...do you know????? BTW, how is "the pile" doing that you rave so much about?? Little more "tweaks" on my end says i'm by you...and on a "cheaper" line to boot! :p
CHET
"Look whose back...once again...tell a friend..."

Oldsquirt
09-18-2002, 07:23 PM
There's one question I have never seen answered regarding the Aggressor Diverter. As far as I am concerned(as a potential buyer), the useful operating life of the unit is equally as important as cost.
I would like to hear from any long-term users of the Aggressor regarding functionality, durability and wear issues. Anyone?

Unchained
09-19-2002, 04:29 AM
I just switched to an American Turbine extension and diverter. Their a real quality built unit. It's the only unit I've ever seen that doesn't leak water all around the steering and diverter knuckle joints. Has brass bushings instead of nylon. They come standard with the fine tune nozzle insert. Got it from Duayne at Hi-Tech Performance in KS.

ChetCapoli
09-19-2002, 05:41 AM
hey oldsquirt,
I'll try answer it for you since i bought mine basically when they first came out. I probably have about 10hrs run time so far which i wouldnt consider "long term" like you are looking for. Maybe it will help though. I figured for the few hundred bucks(not pennies) i'd take the aggressor. I looked at them both up close and said wow they are very similiar...why is that place so much money anyways?? Well..30 years and no competition to speak of i would think is the answer but who knows. The only thing i wish i had with mine is that new style pump they use because the first ones out(like mine) use the bennett pump(like place) which has those solinoids which i dont particularly care for and i have gathered they might stick? once in while?? I have not noticed any kind of wear in the joints or critical areas so far however. BTW, unchained..how much was that A/T deal?? I hear it works pretty good and was told to try it but it's seems to be a pretty expensive "try" if you know what i mean..especially on a v bottom.
CHET

LVjetboy
09-20-2002, 01:01 PM
I bought my Place about 8 years ago. Don't know if they still sell with the Bennett pump or if Bennett has improved their pump, but I'm not impressed. Looks like a home-built from someone's garage shop. The smoked plastic cover cracked so I took it off. Couldn't see the fluid level so had to make a dipstick to check. Cheap plastic line fittings always leaked so had to replace them with braided hose. For the price? A piece of cr*p. Still works though.
One thing...go with steering trim if possible. I just installed a set of Rex switches and that's got to be the best thing I ever did. I couldn't believe how easy it was to move the diverter with a quick flick of the thumb and both hands on the wheel...especially in the rough.
jer

SB
09-24-2002, 01:14 PM
Unchained, the AT unit was slammed by a boat builder on this board, I'd guess about a year ago. If they have improved, please let us know.

Unchained
09-24-2002, 03:58 PM
Really, I'd like to see that discussion. I got my setup from Hi-Tech, they use AT in their drag boat and have had real good results.
Chet, The parts I bought from Hi-Tech were from a customer that crashed his boat after a couple runs and the parts were like new but used so I don't know what the new price would be.

BigGmarine
09-24-2002, 04:04 PM
Unchained:
Really, I'd like to see that discussion. I got my setup from Hi-Tech, they use AT in their drag boat and have had real good results.
Chet, The parts I bought from Hi-Tech were from a customer that crashed his boat after a couple runs and the parts were like new but used so I don't know what the new price would be.That sounds like a good IDEA Unchained
Lets talk about the Pros and Cons of your setup.

Unchained
09-25-2002, 04:35 AM
BigGmarine
That sounds like a good IDEA Unchained
Lets talk about the Pros and Cons of your setup.[/QB]Ok, Here's my setup
http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/DSC01259.JPG
Pro's
1) Brass bushings.
2) O rings on the outside of the steering knuckle and the diverter knuckle so that water pressure does not leak out at the joints.
3) Straight extension doesn't bend the water as much as a droop and with wedges you can still adjust the height of the nozzle.
4) Comes standard with fine tune nozzle.
Con's
1) The reverse bucket hangs down some but I have the play nozzle and not the race nozzle.
2) New cost higher than other units.
Any other input ?

Clown
09-25-2002, 01:01 PM
Dang! I shure do like your setup their, Dude
That makes alot of cents not to bend the water so many times . I think you have some really awesome
IDEAS. :D What was the theorie Behind a droop snoot.
And why does everyone think they have to have one on there boat to go fast? :D P.S. I also like those exhaust tubes you pattented!! eek!

MikeC
09-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Clown:
IDEAS. D What was the theorie Behind a droop snoot.
And why does everyone think they have to have one on there boat to go fast?[/QB]Clown, Obviosly you've never been to the Liquid 1/4 mile.
Check it out sometime, Ask 99.9% of the racers why they wast their time and money on one.
MikeC

77charger
09-25-2002, 08:04 PM
hey mike does your placecraft have the cav plates on it?and are makin bbsp next weekend?

MikeC
09-25-2002, 10:04 PM
No cav plates, my Place is the later of their design. I have shimable plates that run under the top of the tunnels about 2 feet in.
B B S P !!!! when is it!!! Don't have the stinken juice yet!!! Ipes, I'm gonna get whipped...... oooow HELP scared...... :-{
Uncle Tony (baroney) is gonna be waiting for us!
Not sure, maybe I can get some fellow Jetters to cruise up with me from Phoenix....?
Thanks for reminding me.
MikeC

waterslinger
09-26-2002, 07:19 AM
I have a place works good. On the boat for 3 years
and has not let me down. One look at the crap plastick lines and in the trash thay went. Ran
braided line from day one. I would shop and get the most for my money.

Clown
09-26-2002, 01:23 PM
MikeC:
Clown:
IDEAS. D What was the theorie Behind a droop snoot.
And why does everyone think they have to have one on there boat to go fast?Clown, Obviosly you've never been to the Liquid 1/4 mile.
Check it out sometime, Ask 99.9% of the racers why they wast their time and money on one.
MikeC[/QB]Sorry MikeC: I only run 800to a 1000ft track!
and I would never run a droop in a texas tunnel!
No need , For the lift! eek!

MikeC
09-26-2002, 03:24 PM
So Clown, you actually do get it wet!
I wasn't sure from your posts, but if you actually tried what you are talking about and like it, well then, maybe I should give it a shot also. I guess what your saying is, why not try something differant!? Personally, I've had great results with a droop......
More power to ya,
MikeC

77charger
09-26-2002, 05:24 PM
hey mike check barneys board for the date and info i do think it is still pplaned for the weekend of the 5-6th same place as last time.btw my buddys placecraft is an 86 model and it is at lacks shop getting ready power is a blown 468 runnin around 800hp.

MikeC
09-27-2002, 04:36 AM
Thanks 77,
I'm really going to try and make it. I had a good time last BBSP. Those OB guy's are a hoot, and it's fun beating up 95% of them with a little ole 2 bolt BB. 1 week, ummm, not sure if juice will be flow'n by then, but ya never know. Uncle Tony, I'll have my rear seats out this time, maybe even the passanger one also. I may trow a rod running with you, but it will be worth it if I can pull ahead?
Thanks 77,
MikeC