PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start???

mykidsdaddy
10-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I just got an 18' Eliminator Jet for my B-day. It is a project boat to say the least! I only have two pics but I will post them in case it will help. The color is Metallic Alge Green...yuk I HATE green. OK so, I plan on doing most of the work myself but I don't know a few important things.
I want a complete color change, do I have to sand the entire boat until the green is gone, or what???
Should I go with new gel coat or should it be painted?
Here is the engine compartment.
There is a tremendous amount of work to do here but it is much better than watching TV.

YeLLowBoaT
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
well gel is cheaper, but alot more work.
That being said I would use gel. Just rough everything up with 220 very well and you can spray the gel. then comes the sanding... :)

mykidsdaddy
10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the advise...you saw the color??? My other half wants to do this one in a yellow color scheme...I haven't worked out the details yet but whichever way we go, the color will be lighter ie: white with yellow or several different yellows. Will I have a problem covering up the darker green with a lighter color...white or yellow??? If there IS an issue going to a lighter color...what should I do?
And thanks again for helping me!

YeLLowBoaT
10-16-2007, 05:33 PM
you should have no prob with hide.