PDA

View Full Version : Co2 bottle and bracket

SANGER-RICH
02-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have one sitting around the are not using?? Bottle Bracket and gage?? certified ?? Does it have to be??
PM me
Thanks Rich

stix818
02-28-2006, 07:33 PM
I talked to Dan Aaseth and he said that Jegs sells a bottle and bracket pretty cheap!! Far as I know it doesn't have to be certified.

GofastRacer
02-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Brian(wsuwrhr)makes a badass bracket for NOS bottles!..

scottys
03-01-2006, 02:37 AM
The Co2 bottles are dated and if more than 5 years out of date will need to be recertified to be refilled.I have seen 2 sizes being used the 2 1/2 lb. and I think the smaller being 16 oz.(weight of Co2)I have seen some complete set ups at drag boat.com, Parts.Good vibrations sells a pair of polished alum. brackets for 55 bucks.

Lookin for Liquid
03-01-2006, 05:37 AM
The smaller bottles do not need to be recertified, yes I believe Jegs sells the bracket as we sell the bottles brand new for $75 (10oz) and $85 (2 1/2lb). We sell the fixed regulators also for $35 and as far as a gauge goes the correct way to measure it is to check how much liquid it is holding. Remember CO2 is a liquid trying to expand into air. I use a small 5 lb kitchen scale found at most supermarkets that will come with oz graduations and weigh the bottle empty and label it (10 oz bottle usually 2lbs 0 oz). When it is full it will be at 2 lbs 10 0z. We will let it get down to 2lbs 3 oz and fill it with a 20 lb download siphon bottle. The problem with the gauge is it will read full at approx 900 lbs as long as there is liquid in it. When the liquid is gone the gauge will instantly go to zero.

stix818
03-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Lookin for Liquid, where did you find the parts to fill the bottles?? It seems like there has to be an easier way then how we are doing it!!!

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 07:36 AM
I do have pinned quick release bottle brackets down to a 5lb bottle.
I could even do a custom one if you want.
Brian

stix818
03-01-2006, 11:05 AM
wsuwrhr, do you have any pics of what you've done in the past?? I may be interested in something!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I do have pinned quick release bottle brackets down to a 5lb bottle.
I could even do a custom one if you want.
Brian
Hey Flash,
How about some custom stainless turnbuckle pads.................

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey Flash,
How about some custom stainless turnbuckle pads.................
Why on earth would you want them?
Hey Flash II,
The boat rigged up yet?
Brian

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 08:30 PM
wsuwrhr, do you have any pics of what you've done in the past?? I may be interested in something!!
Are you looking for something specific?
Brian

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63assembled.JPG

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 08:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63productionrun.JPG

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 08:36 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63DSCF0001.JPG

wsuwrhr
03-01-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63newnos.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Why on earth would you want them?
Hey Flash II,
The boat rigged up yet?
Brian
Its kinda hard to rig when its in the paint booth. In order to "get r done" (as they say) I have been piling up parts so when the time is right, I can throw her together. Is this your hold-up?... procrastinating untill you think I need them? What happens if you don't know what stage someone is in? Do you hold up their order just in case they aren't ready for them??? :messedup: I think I'll wait on delivery until after I don't need them, that way I can cancel the order. Does this sound reasonable?
You've got 1 month Flash....
signed....2 flashy :cool:

VESSEL ASSIST
03-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Its kinda hard to rig when its in the paint booth. In order to "get r done" (as they say) I have been piling up parts so when the time is right, I can throw her together. Is this your hold-up?... procrastinating untill you think I need them? What happens if you don't know what stage someone is in? Do you hold up their order just in case they aren't ready for them??? :messedup: I think I'll wait on delivery until after I don't need them, that way I can cancel the order. Does this sound reasonable?
So Jerry, I guess your sayin you don't want to wait till you need parts. You are wanting everything setting there and ready for install when the paint is finished???
Paint??? Who's doin the paint.
I heard the new guy Ben from Jersey was squirtin your deal, any truth to this???
Cheers Kiddo

wsuwrhr
03-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Camera dork,
Trying to take care of everyone. I haven't decided what material I am making your parts out of yet. I don't think 303 won't shine up very well, 304 will shine up nice but is a pain in the ass to cut.
Brian

superdave013
03-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Camera dork,
Trying to take care of everyone. I haven't decided what material I am making your parts out of yet. I don't think 303 won't shine up very well, 304 will shine up nice but is a pain in the ass to cut.
Brian
303 will rust after time so you don't want that. I am taking your advice and buying some 316 today for a boat project.

Lookin for Liquid
03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Lookin for Liquid, where did you find the parts to fill the bottles?? It seems like there has to be an easier way then how we are doing it!!!
Stix, we also sell a NEW Aluminum 20 lb download bottle for filling the smaller ones for 175
Dan

SANGER-RICH
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Im still looking for a co2 botle and bracket for my air shifter, I guess I will have to step up to the plate and buy a new set :220v:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Camera dork,
Brian
Did you call me a dork? :jawdrop:
Kind of funny,,,I thought I was taking care of you by giving you some work! tic toc tic toc....

superdave013
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Did you call me a dork? :jawdrop:
Kind of funny,,,I thought I was taking care of you by giving you some work! tic toc tic toc....
that right there is pretty funny.
I think Brian is doing you the bigger favor here for even thinking about doing that small run of plate bosses.
No way would you be willing to pay what that job should really cost. The engineering time, set up time and machine time + materials at a true shop rate would be so high you would not understand.
You guys need to stop giving Brian so much shit and start kissing is little white ass for all the nice parts he makes.

FlatStupid
03-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Can't we all just get along? :cry:

uclahater
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
that right there is pretty funny.
I think Brian is doing you the bigger favor here for even thinking about doing that small run of plate bosses.
No way would you be willing to pay what that job should really cost. The engineering time, set up time and machine time + materials at a true shop rate would be so high you would not understand.
You guys need to stop giving Brian so much shit and start kissing is little white ass for all the nice parts he makes.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: