PDA

View Full Version : some cops suck

VAMI
10-15-2007, 12:07 PM
There was a meet of boats this sunday on a small lake about 20 boats.Just to hangout and bs.I drove 2 hours to this place.!st could not start a engine before noon.A few of us ran around the lake.Cop came out and gathered all of us up .No side by side racing and put your mufflers in thats it.I go back out and ride around only like 60 then head back in heres he is again ponting at me to beach it.His sgt is over on the other side of the lake hiding in the trees.I m too loud he would not let go back out unless I wanted a ticket.An hour went bye then 2 blown hyros lined up and made a pass ,he came back then he never left.Some jerk in a big house lived on that lake and had those cops in his pocket.Is it like that out west no one can have any fun ???

pw_Tony
10-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I would be going by that guy's house every time wide open.
But that's just me, I'm a dick :devil:

El Prosecutor
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
There was a meet of boats this sunday on a small lake about 20 boats.Just to hangout and bs.I drove 2 hours to this place.!st could not start a engine before noon.A few of us ran around the lake.Cop came out and gathered all of us up .No side by side racing and put your mufflers in thats it.I go back out and ride around only like 60 then head back in heres he is again ponting at me to beach it.His sgt is over on the other side of the lake hiding in the trees.I m too loud he would not let go back out unless I wanted a ticket.An hour went bye then 2 blown hyros lined up and made a pass ,he came back then he never left.Some jerk in a big house lived on that lake and had those cops in his pocket.Is it like that out west no one can have any fun ???
Were any of the things you were doing violating the rules or laws for that particular lake?

78 WHITE/ORANGE ROGERS
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Alright Let Me Break It Down For...im A Cop And I Patrol The River..and The Dezert...lakes Seriously Are Really Strict Regarding There Rules...i Even Put My Baffles In My Headers When I Go On The Lake..cause Ill Get Shyt If I Dont...in Your Case Im Assuming The Guy In The House Complained And Those Cops In Away Didnt Want To Write You And Asked You To Put The Baffles In So It Shows The Victim(the Guy In The House)...your Actully Doing Something To Lesson The Noise...because They Cant Kick You Out Or Ask You To Leave For That As Long As There In A Certain Db Noise Level...and If Your A Prick To The Officers They Can Get You For Registration Life Vest What Level They Are How From The Shore You Are And How Fast...but Me In Perticular That Kinda Stuff Pisses Me Off To When People Call In And Complain About Crap Like That...i Had A Guy In A Pontoon Boat Complaining When I Was Off Duty In My Boat On The River To Me Co-workers In The Marked Sheriff Boat About Me....lets Jus Say I Did A Little Fly By With The Jetavator Fully Engaged About 70 Mph Over His Pontoon...lol Good Times I Think Somone Even Got A Pic Of It...

pattymelt18
10-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Cops are dicks they just have nothing better to do and there probably actually was a real crime being committed at that time but they were too lazy to go on that call and decided to mess with u guys.:)

socalmoney
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Alright Let Me Break It Down For...im A Cop And I Patrol The River..and The Dezert...lakes Seriously Are Really Strict Regarding There Rules...i Even Put My Baffles In My Headers When I Go On The Lake..cause Ill Get Shyt If I Dont...in Your Case Im Assuming The Guy In The House Complained And Those Cops In Away Didnt Want To Write You And Asked You To Put The Baffles In So It Shows The Victim(the Guy In The House)...your Actully Doing Something To Lesson The Noise...because They Cant Kick You Out Or Ask You To Leave For That As Long As There In A Certain Db Noise Level...and If Your A Prick To The Officers They Can Get You For Registration Life Vest What Level They Are How From The Shore You Are And How Fast...but Me In Perticular That Kinda Stuff Pisses Me Off To When People Call In And Complain About Crap Like That...i Had A Guy In A Pontoon Boat Complaining When I Was Off Duty In My Boat On The River To Me Co-workers In The Marked Sheriff Boat About Me....lets Jus Say I Did A Little Fly By With The Jetavator Fully Engaged About 70 Mph Over His Pontoon...lol Good Times I Think Somone Even Got A Pic Of It...
Isn't it a lot of extra work to capitalize every first letter?

pw_Tony
10-15-2007, 01:13 PM
That's what I was thinking lol

n8dawg
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I feel sorry for you guys. I run un-baffled all day long here on this little fishing lake and make WOT passes on the back side of this island and nobody says a thing! Talked to the ranger a few times but most of his concern was towards making sure i was not drinking alcohol. I run un-baffled everywhere on lakes and rivers. Sometimes you just get the wrong cops to deal with on that particular day of boating.

VAMI
10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I put the mufflers in like he said,and i wasnt going fast,mt reg is all current.That lake was maybe 1/2 mile wide and i stayed on the oppsite side.They had no db meters.Fl law says there has to be some kind of decent muffler system.I have rewarder 12" clamp on style.Air boats have to 50 db at 50 feet.We just were not welcome out there.

El Prosecutor
10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I have gotten some grief and and an overly zealous inspection or two from some of the park rangers, but the question still stands if you were breaking the rules or not?
If it was your big house on the very small lake, and the lake rules prohibited racing or unbaffled exhaust, maybe your perspective on whether the cop was a jerk or not would change.
All I'm saying is that there is a difference between being a jerk and enforcing the rules. Sometimes both happen, but one is not necessarily the other.

squirt'nmyload
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
what are these muffler/baffle things you speak of?? :D :D :D

VAMI
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
just like basset slip ins but mine clamp on the outside and extend the collector,I have merged collectors .And the other guys had baffeled zommies and normal O/Ts.Its just a once a year we gather there.This town has a population of 3500 and this guy owns 20,000 acres of orange groves.So he has some pull.

Placecraft Dragstar
10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Maybe he just needs a ball bat on the knee caps, or the shit beat out of him.

squirt'nmyload
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
just like basset slip ins but mine clamp on the outside and extend the collector,I have merged collectors .And the other guys had baffeled zommies and normal O/Ts.Its just a once a year we gather there.This town has a population of 3500 and this guy owns 20,000 acres of orange groves.So he has some pull.
i know what they are but never used them....if its too loud, your too old!!!:D

VAMI
10-15-2007, 01:52 PM
these is it uses a V clamp

roscoe p coltraine
10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I ant too bad i let you boys slide with them thar loud boats.but them duke boys i caught them they are serving time in hazard county jail.their gondala with the 01 on the side wasnt fast enuff.

pw_Tony
10-15-2007, 02:20 PM
LMFAO hahaha:D

jbone
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
You could take COPS out of "Some cops suck" and replace it with ANY profession and it would be true.
How about "some ***boaters suck." I'm sure we could come up with a story to support that!
Carry on,
J

Some Kind Of Monster
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
i know what they are but never used them....if its too loud, your too old!!!:D
I hear Timmy makes a nice set. Maybe you can learn what they are from him? :devil: :D

VAMI
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
some of everybody,most cops are cool dudes,hes just doing what hes told.But most wakeboarders and all jetskis suck.

Xlration Marine
10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
So you drove two (2) hours to dick around in some guy's back yard. I get pissed when some one parks in front of my house.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Lol, :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-15-2007, 04:36 PM
So you drove two (2) hours to dick around in some guy's back yard. I get pissed when some one parks in front of my house.
Nice, I would park in front of your house and play Too Short bumpin on 8 12's :D :D :D

BigBlockBaja
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Cops are dicks they just have nothing better to do and there probably actually was a real crime being committed at that time but they were too lazy to go on that call and decided to mess with u guys.:)
Its not the cops fault. Most of them love our boats. The people they cant stand is the homeowners, like the ones that complained on you. If they don't harass you, then the homeowners bitch some more.

Sleeper CP
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Were any of the things you were doing violating the rules or laws for that particular lake?
I am really not sure what that has to do with the story:confused: ;)
My worst and only ticket in the boat was for being 3 decibels over the sound limit. Keep in mind that there were 2 dry pipe jet ski's a three other boats within 100 yards of me, but it was my boat making 92 decibels:mad:
Now, that COP was a prick and then some:)

squirt'nmyload
10-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I hear Timmy makes a nice set. Maybe you can learn what they are from him? :devil: :D
he actually does make some that have been well tested and they don't hurt your performance......again, i know what they are..... i just remembered i actually have a set in my garage that have been collecting dust for awhile....i guess this means they are for sale :D :D

El Prosecutor
10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I am really not sure what that has to do with the story:confused: ;)
The point was that it is a cop's job to enforce the law.
If you are breaking the law you shouldn't gripe about enforcement.
This isn't an excuse for rude cops, it is just pointing out that there are responsibilities that go along with the privilege of living in a (semi) orderly society. One of them is obeying these kinds of rules. I have broken the speed limit at Buena Vista, even in my tug. Would I cry about getting a ticket? No. Would giving me a ticket make the ranger a jerk? No. His attitude might or might not, but the ticket is on me, not him. Hope that makes sense. :)

Sleeper CP
10-15-2007, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=El Prosecutor;2842494]The point was that it is a cop's job to enforce the law.
QUOTE]
Maybe you didn't see the ";) " or maybe I should have used a":rolleyes: " instead. Maybe that way you could have figured out I was being sarcastic.
I've been around when cops decided to enforce the law and when they decided to look the other way. Your weekend typically goes better when they don't have a hard-on for some guys that want to run their boats.
Just my .02
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

El Prosecutor
10-15-2007, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=El Prosecutor;2842494]The point was that it is a cop's job to enforce the law.
QUOTE]
Maybe you didn't see the ";) " or maybe I should have used a":rolleyes: " instead. Maybe that way you could have figured out I was being sarcastic.
Oops -sorry I missed the smilie. Internet is great, especially HB, but as we all know sometimes the little things get lost in translation. :)

Sleeper CP
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=Sleeper CP;2842729]
Oops -sorry I missed the smilie. Internet is great, especially HB, but as we all know sometimes the little things get lost in translation. :)
:D That's fine:)
Sleeper

jetboatperformance
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
What I don't follow (this has been told tome recently on more than one occasion) is the "spirit of the law vs the letter of the law" what I get out of this at least locally is that peace officers have some discretion/autonomy in the ticket/citation/arrest process.Not sure I follow exactly .
But heres an example, near my home cars routinely park in areas clearly posted No parking at anytime for school events but I'll guarantee you If I had a large gathering and had my guests do the same there would be citations. Same goes for my customers coming in to buy mufflers/silencers some have gotten a "pass" and warning by law enforcement some came in with a citation (no decible meter used) . My point does this discretionary capability allows for on the spot interpretation and judgement calls?
If a boat is loud its loud, period why does one guy get a ticket and the next one doesn't ,just some thoughts Tom

MudPumper
10-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Cops suck.:rolleyes:

VAMI
10-16-2007, 08:40 AM
He was useing his own judgement on noise.His judgement is not law,when there is no posted rules,only verbably telling us to run mufflers which we did.Trying to argue with a cop is almost pointless so I ll never go back there.

jetboatperformance
10-16-2007, 09:29 AM
He was useing his own judgement on noise.His judgement is not law,when there is no posted rules,only verbably telling us to run mufflers which we did.Trying to argue with a cop is almost pointless so I ll never go back there.
Therein lies my question! Tom

HM
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
He typed in all caps and the software on this forum automatically changes it....try it. :D

thatguy
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Am I the only one that got a headache reading this? I would hate to have to read his reports every day. :(
Tommy

jimsplace
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
None of us want to get a ticket for not having mufflers. Many/most of still do it, knowing we could get the ticket. It is the chance we take, still knowing what could happen.
Now, if we go someplace new, we usually ask someone what are the chances here of having problems without mufflers. We will be told usually there is not a problem or they are pretty strict. Either way we still run without the mufflers and we might get a ticket.
As a friend once put it to me and some others "that's the price of having fun".

tomply32
10-17-2007, 04:39 AM
hey vami what lake were you at in fl (west palm here)the police sherriffs dont know what to make of my boat87 sleekcraft w bassetts no problems yet but they watch me just waiting to get me for something and i havent even got the bottom wet yet just went to the ramp (broke boat)we are going to try st johns around deland friend lives there

VAMI
10-17-2007, 04:58 AM
It was Lake Alfred in Winter haven.Iv been on St johns its nice.Thats where they have the radical boat reunion.